Standard Sony Stereo Code

Started by Anonymous, January 15, 2004, 09:27

Anonymous

The guys are here today to fit a handsfree carkit in my '2. This will involve messing with my stereo. Before I let them loose on my baby, does anybody know where I can find the code for the head unit?

Slacey

You normally get a little credit card sized... card when you buy the car, it's usually in with the owners manual, service record etc.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

SteveJ

Quote from: "S7EVE"The guys are here today to fit a handsfree carkit in my '2. This will involve messing with my stereo. Before I let them loose on my baby, does anybody know where I can find the code for the head unit?

The OEM Sony Double DIN unit fitted to UK spec cars (pre Nov '02) is NOT security coded, so no worries on them disconnecting the power.

Slacey

Quote from: "SteveJ"The OEM Sony Double DIN unit fitted to UK spec cars (pre Nov '02) is NOT security coded, so no worries on them disconnecting the power.
Sorry, I didn't know... mine came with a single DIN, not the UK Sony  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Quote from: "SteveJ"
Quote from: "S7EVE"The guys are here today to fit a handsfree carkit in my '2. This will involve messing with my stereo. Before I let them loose on my baby, does anybody know where I can find the code for the head unit?

The OEM Sony Double DIN unit fitted to UK spec cars (pre Nov '02) is NOT security coded, so no worries on them disconnecting the power.

I'll testify to that.  While cleaning my MAF I had the power disconnected for an hour or so.

Anonymous

Cheers Guys, I can rest assured now!!

DAZ400

This is true but sometimes after disconnect of power you might have to do a reset of stereo. On the front there is a tiny button need paperclip or similar to press. I have only had to do this twice after many disconnects info just in case good luck.....  s:) :) s:)
SOLD No more 2. Just a bus for the family..........

Anonymous

don't bother fitting a hands free - I'm on my second one now (different brands) and I can't hear/be heard over 40 mph - with the hood up!

Tags: