Alarm

Started by wbarrwebster, September 23, 2008, 19:32

wbarrwebster

Hi,

Had my 2 for 16 months, still have the grin effect, spent a few bob on mods, don't care to add it up or I'd frighten myself to death!

Anyway, got a daft question, was an alarm fitted to all UK spec'd Roadsters? (Mine is a  2001 Y reg)

I have the remote double locking  keys, she double locks ok,.........got the Toyota Security stickers on the windows.

Not got the alarm trigger pins on the bonnet, nor the engine compartment...........no gubbings under the driver's seat, no siren in the frunk.no evidence of alarm anywhere!!

I guess that's it.........no alarm, hence my question.

Are we talking major issues to fit  mr T one, or am I better fitting a Toad?  Although ideally, I'd want everything alarmed from the original remote, as I don't fancy having more crap on my keyring!!

Thanks in advance,

B
W. B. Webster

kentsmudger

Siren should be located under the spare wheel in frunk - Some people have moved it from there to somewhere else underneath the front plastics, as it is a bit muffled in the original location.
[size=85] Unichip, full Hayward & Scott exhaust, race cat and manifold - markiii pipe, K & N panel, EBC Ultimax Slotted Discs, EBC pads, TTE springs, Corky\'s Breastplate, front & rear strut braces, brass shift bushes, Hankook Ventus V12 Evos, CG-Lock. Bama deflector, Mongos, Devs key cover, TTE gear-knob. My car and my pics of other cars.

[centre] 'I am, and ever will be a white socks, pocket protector, nerdy engineer' - Neil Armstrong (1930 – 2012) [/size][/centre]

SimonC_Here

You could try dropping the roof, lowering the windows, locking the car then hopping over the door into the seat. Just to check if the alarm actually goes off.

But as kentsmudger says, the siren is really hidden away under the spare wheel.

As to your question. Yep, alarms were standard with UK cars and you having buttons on the remote suggests it had one at one time!

Simon

Anonymous

I wondered if my alarm worked,
then found out the other night after doing a hollywood dive into the car.
The siren is rather loud and did scare me considerably

kentsmudger

I "tested" mine by leaving the roof down outside a shop and dropping the shopping in without unlocking first. It is so muffled under the spare that I thought it was someone else's, and was looking around to see who's it was. Everyone else was looking at me as they could see the lights flashing.  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
[size=85] Unichip, full Hayward & Scott exhaust, race cat and manifold - markiii pipe, K & N panel, EBC Ultimax Slotted Discs, EBC pads, TTE springs, Corky\'s Breastplate, front & rear strut braces, brass shift bushes, Hankook Ventus V12 Evos, CG-Lock. Bama deflector, Mongos, Devs key cover, TTE gear-knob. My car and my pics of other cars.

[centre] 'I am, and ever will be a white socks, pocket protector, nerdy engineer' - Neil Armstrong (1930 – 2012) [/size][/centre]

carl_evs

I've got a Toad alarm fitted to mine - I have the siren mounted just above the mesh inside the front bumper  so it's out of the airflow....there was a handy correctly sized hole that matched the mounting frame perfectly (almost like it was meant to be there!!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  ).
It is nice and loud - from what i gather the alarm fitter just disconnected the siren on the factory one so I now have the car immobilised twice and a nice loud alarm!!!!
2nd Place - Northern Treasure Hunt

\'52 Lagoon Blue SMT - Likwidart graphics - quite a bit of other stuff...most homemade!!

Quote from: \"nelix\"Sold him my knob, fast payment, thanks

roger

Quote from: "kentsmudger"It is so muffled under the spare

Some have moved it to the bulkhead. I was thinking of doing that (but never got round to it   s:( :( s:(   ) and asked my insurance company if moving it violated any alarm covenants. They said so long as you don't take it out and it remains operational then perfectly OK with them.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

edward.carter

Moving it from uder the spare wheel to just underneath the front plastics makes it so loud that if your stood next to the front of the car its quite ear piercingly loud

aaronjb

pfft, no.. Loud is setting your Clifford off (on the Nissan) with the siren completely exposed, parked in the garage, and your head all of 3' from it.

I'm not sure which was louder, the siren or the thud my head made as it hit the bonnet  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  and naturally I couldn't find my keys...
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

edward.carter

haha   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    yeh think i have had mine go off, whilst i was moving it  s:) :) s:)

Tags: