Speed Detecters.What have you got?

Started by Anonymous, November 27, 2008, 16:04

Anonymous

I've a GPS Rider (global positioning system)
This is an amazing little device imho. You don't need to have it on the dash, i keep mine under the dash console.Dosn't pick up aircraft signals like some and give false warnings.If theres a camara the Rider certainly does it's job.
Even with your music pumped up at night it has a blue led light which lights up the cockpit to warn you if nearing a speed zone or where mobile camaras/radar are probable.
Also if you are overspeeding=not that i ever do...it will give you a polite reminder, which can be muted if you like   s:P :P s:P  
Cj

m http://www.activegps.co.uk/novus-gps-ri ... lAodyH6__A m

Wabbitkilla

TomTom 6 on my xda with full European maps and all cameras.
Easy, and works.

Can even be run in the background without showing the maps so it looks like a normal phone to the Gendarmes.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

uktotty

Roadpilot Micro Go
Its wicked

Anonymous

Quote from: "uktotty"Roadpilot Micro Go
Its wicked

Thats really cute! Does it flash at you though in led if the sounds down?

Cj

uktotty

It flashes Red but you can change the colours

Anonymous

Quote from: "uktotty"It flashes Red but you can change the colours

Ay! bit posh them are...mine red when i'm in the clear and high bright plod blue in a be good zone   s:D :D s:D  
You would have to have all the colours of the rainbow would'nt you Russ   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  makes mine look abit naff. Swop ya!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

evileye_wrx

In these days of Satnav's with camera warnings is there still a market for the stand alone camera detector? I know I can get camera warnings on my Copilot on my phone, I just haven't been arsed to do so. Wish I had last june like when I get snapped bombing through Kent  s:-( :-( s:-(

Phil
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

Anonymous

Quote from: "evileye_xc"In these days of Satnav's with camera warnings is there still a market for the stand alone camera detector? I know I can get camera warnings on my Copilot on my phone, I just haven't been arsed to do so. Wish I had last june like when I get snapped bombing through Kent  s:-( :-( s:-(

Phil

I think so Phil, sat navs i know of dont light up like these little devices so if you've go the music on overpowering the sat nav sound you miss any warnings.
If in my case i see the blue led on bright, i know in good time. Also you only really need to use the sat nav if your in an area you don't know?

evileye_wrx

Quote from: "Cj"Also you only really need to use the sat nav if your in an area you don't know?

If you know the area wouldn't you know the speed cameras too and therefore not need one? Anyway don't speed it's against the law!
Phil

Anonymous

Quote from: "evileye_xc"
Quote from: "Cj"Also you only really need to use the sat nav if your in an area you don't know?

If you know the area wouldn't you know the speed cameras too and therefore not need one? Anyway don't speed it's against the law!

Not nessesarily...if i venture a different way, besides it would be a pain to have to think of camara's all of the time. Thats the point of these imo, they do the job for you.I never ss ssspeed Phil-(oops! my stutters back   s:D :D s:D  )
The idea of these is to remind sensible drivers like myself and many others to take note of the speed limit-so we can be extra careful and adhere to them as good citizens  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

Cj  s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:

evileye_wrx

Quote from: "Cj"The idea of these is to remind sensible drivers like myself and many others to take note of the speed limit-so we can be extra careful and adhere to them as good citizens  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

coughbollockscough   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Phil

northernalex

I just drive at 30 all the time  s:) :) s:)
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

Anonymous

Quote from: "northernalex"I just drive at 30 all the time  s:) :) s:)

We know Alex, even on the motorway  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

alancdavis

Tom Tom speed camera alert and £60 fine,,,,,,,,,,  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

StuM

Do these detect mobile camera etc?  

Has the law changed?  I thought that at one time they were legal to buy, but illegal to use.. so a big grey area.
Stu M

Ex 2001 Lagoon Blue Mr2 Roadster
Now - 1985 VW T25 Panel Van \":-)\"

DannyN

Only on downhills, with the wind behind you   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Quote from: \"DannyN\"There are 10 types of people in the world,
Those who understand Binary and those that don\'t...

[size=75]Black 51 165 BHP - Hardtop ON - Teins - Apexi Power FC - AEM Induction (Cleaned) - Crower Cams - Forged Pistons - Iridium Plugs - Zero Manifold - SP Downpipe - H&S - TRD SS - Corkys MSMB - Goodridge - \'03 Vents - Devs - Bamas - Crystal Indies - Mongos.
[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "StuM"Do these detect mobile camera etc?  

Has the law changed?  I thought that at one time they were legal to buy, but illegal to use.. so a big grey area.

The Rider i have picks up the mobile camara's or there designated areas...my friend got a ticket and we could'nt pinpoint the exact spot caught, until we drove down that stretch of road useung the Rider... detected the exact spot where they have the mobile from time to time.
Whos saying they are illegal to use? The data's pretty much the same as a sat nav so how could they be?

northernalex

I dont think it was ever made illegal.. but what they were thining about banning is the use of radar/laser detectors.. not GPS based systems.
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

northernalex

Quote from: "DannyN"

Only on downhills, with the wind behind you   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Who needs an engine  s:) :) s:)
evileye_xc said:

Anonymous

Your just like me, a good citizen on the road...a credit to the great British public   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  Don't let anyone push you into putting your foot down Alex, ease off the gas...n n n nos, you could do yourself an injury   s:? :? s:?  

s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:

Anonymous

Quote from: "northernalex"I dont think it was ever made illegal.. but what they were thining about banning is the use of radar/laser detectors.. not GPS based systems.

The lazer ones ar'nt good i found, i had a Japanese 'Super Cat' solar powered detecter for a time. The problem with these there so sensitive to aircraft and other camara's, after a while of constant beeping i had to switch mine off.

4-bands Solar Radar Detector (01/12/2005)
Specifications: * Mounted with a solar battery: Automatically charging from the solar panel to the built-in nickel-cadmium battery. * Windshield & visor mount * Compatible with 4-bands including X, K, New-Kand Ku bands: Not only the X-band, but the model W-8889 is also compatible with the K-band, new K band and Ku bands so as to be compatible with various radar speed traps. * Provision with the Auto Alarm Cut (AAC) system: The built-in oscillation sensor shuts off unwanted alarming sound generated while halting the vehicle or driving it at a low speed. * Auto Power Off function: When non-oscillation condition lasts for about 3 minutes, the power supply source is automatically shut off until the sensor detects a next oscillation, thus saving unwanted consumption of the battery voltage.

Gif

There never has been a plan to make GPS based systems illegal.  The Government and Police hanged themselves on this point when they started arguing that Speed Cameras were only ever placed in accident blackspots rather than being money grabbing devices.  Well surely if someone is selling a device that identifies accident blackspots to drivers causing them to slow down then that has to be a good thing doesn't it   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    Counter that argument then!

Not yet illegal to use a laser/radar detector although there have been plans to make it so for some time (Road Safety Bill).  The logic here is in regard to mobile cameras.  If you approach one of those so called "accident black spots" and you know there is not a mobile camera present, then you wouldn't slow down so you are creating a potential hazard.

What is illegal already is a jammer.  This is a direct attempt to interfere with the police in detecting a crime and as such is perverting the course of justice.  Successful prosecutions have already occurred in this area.
Audi TT 200 Tfsi Roadster, Ibis White, Steptronic, Bose, Nav, Climate, Telcon, Nappa Leather
Ex BMW Z4 sDrive30i Auto, Titan Silver
Ex MR2 Roadster, Sahara Sun, Black Leather, Air Con, TTE exhaust

Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gif"There never has been a plan to make GPS based systems illegal.  The Government and Police hanged themselves on this point when they started arguing that Speed Cameras were only ever placed in accident blackspots rather than being money grabbing devices.  Well surely if someone is selling a device that identifies accident blackspots to drivers causing them to slow down then that has to be a good thing doesn't it   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    Counter that argument then!

Not yet illegal to use a laser/radar detector although there have been plans to make it so for some time (Road Safety Bill).  The logic here is in regard to mobile cameras.  If you approach one of those so called "accident black spots" and you know there is not a mobile camera present, then you wouldn't slow down so you are creating a potential hazard.

What is illegal already is a jammer.  This is a direct attempt to interfere with the police in detecting a crime and as such is perverting the course of justice.  Successful prosecutions have already occurred in this area.

The only jammer Alex and i would do is on the breaks...ay ay Alex, we would never dream of perverting the course of justice would we northernalex   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  
30mph then jammer break   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

evileye_wrx

The worst people are those who actually drive at 5mph below the speed limit to ensure they don't go over. They just slow everyone down way too much, especially when it's just to prove a point.

Phil
Phil

Tags: