rear speakers

Started by Anonymous, February 1, 2004, 15:58

Anonymous

i am after fitting some rear speakers to my new 2 can any one tell me which pins to connect these to on the back of the bogo (waste of space) head unit

any help appreciated

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

there's no wireing loom in the 2 for rear speakers you will have to pull new cables and then splice then into the loom on the back of teh h/u marked RL and RR

Anonymous

Cheers for that

Is it easy enough to take the head unit out as I'm a bit of an armature at this sort of thing  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

From previous posts I see you need to take the silver plastic covers off the stereo is there a special tool or technique

Anonymous

s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  p.s ignor the spelling mistake  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

markiii

I suggest before embarking upon this you decide if you staying with teh headunit.

The oem 2003 is pants, and hasn't really got the power to drive a good set of speakers.

Better to take it out once rather than twice.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Good suggestion any recommendations of h/u

markiii

Buster will no doubt be along shortley  :-) :-) :-)

Really depends on what you want.

I've always gone for Kenwood, as teh specific requirements I've had have taken me that route.

SQ wise, Alpine are fractionally better.

Or if you want ultimate SQ and don't what the spaceship lights and graphics I'd buy Nakamichi, though it won't be cheap.

If you want something that looks stock and don't want to break the bank, you could do worse than the double din Sony that came asstandard before 03.

first questions I'd ask myself is,

do you want MP3? do you want a stealth look faceplate? are you planning a CD changer or MD?

Then we can narrow it down.

Very expensive new, but a number of people on here have upgraded and are looking to sell theirs.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

try

w www.caraudiodiscount.co.uk w

have a look at there deals as markii says go for kenwood alpine or my favorate is pioneer but all will be of a much better standard than the Factory fit unit

filcee

Quote from: "markiii"do you want MP3?

My advice would be to consider this option.  I have had the same CD in the car all week, with 13 MP3 albums on it.  Haven't heard anything twice yet, and didn't give up any luggage space to house a multi-changer.  Which is exactly what I was hoping for.

Oh, and the SQ from my Pioneer isn't too bad, despite the tracks only being 128-encoded.
Phil
2003 6-sp SMT in Sable
x-2001 5-sp SMT in Lagoon Blue

Anonymous

On the subject of rear speakers, does anyone know of any kits that may be available, or have any suggestions as to where rear speakers may be fitted, apart from cutting up the luggage compartment doors.  I was thinking of some that may be removable, above the 'parcel shelf' when the top is up or the hardtop is on.  I'm not into anything garish, just a couple of rear speaker mounting points.  Any ideas.  Thanks

Anonymous

heres mine.

m http://www.spydermagazine.com/files/jonrearsp1.jpg m

m http://www.spydermagazine.com/files/jonrearsp3.jpg m

<admin> Images above removed due to file sizes - please click the links to view. Please be aware these images are quite large </admin>

Anonymous

Hi,

Has anyone tried or got any ideas about fitting rear speakers to the "parcel" shelf on a MR2 MK3? Obviously when the hood is down they'll be covered; but will work perfectly with the hood up.  I know the shelf seems rather flimsy, but it could easily be replaced with something a little stronger.

Any ideas?

Also what do people this of the JVC AVX1/ AVX2 headunits as they seem very good value at present?

Thanks in advance

Alex

markiii

it's designed to be flisy so it can compress when teh roof goes down

can't see it working that well myself

kanujunkie

i can already hear the sound of glass breaking as the hood lies on the speakers  s:? :? s:?
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Leeber

I can't remember where I saw them, but you can get pod type speakers that bolt to the Roll bar (if you have one). They'll probably sound pants on their own (i.e. no bass because of how they're mounted) but If they're of decent build quality they might go well with a sub.
I stumbled across a piccie of them a while back, but have no idea where to get them or how good they are.

Okay, disregard all of the above, they're called wakeboard tower speakers and they're for boats and very expensive.   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
I\'m Pink, Therefore I\'m Spam.

philster_d

Yeah I remember they were marine speakrs, so they would be waterproof iirc

celmacmat

Quote from: "markiii"If you want something that looks stock and don't want to break the bank, you could do worse than the double din Sony that came asstandard before 03.

Hi Markiii, is that the Sony WX-C570R CD/Tape/Tuner?

Is it really better than the 2003+ standard one? Coz i find it difficult to find double din units on the market but would like to upgrade.

Cheers
Celine
Black Porsche 968 Club Sport

markiii

sounds about right, shoudl be a few on here that have upgraded that may have one for sale

celmacmat

Quote from: "markiii"sounds about right, should be a few on here that have upgraded that may have one for sale
Cheers
Celine
Black Porsche 968 Club Sport

kanujunkie

Quote from: "Leeber"I can't remember where I saw them, but you can get pod type speakers that bolt to the Roll bar (if you have one). They'll probably sound pants on their own (i.e. no bass because of how they're mounted) but If they're of decent build quality they might go well with a sub.
I stumbled across a piccie of them a while back, but have no idea where to get them or how good they are.

Okay, disregard all of the above, they're called wakeboard tower speakers and they're for boats and very expensive.   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

you can also get them for off roading vehicles
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Tags: