JDL kit ordered

Started by Anonymous, April 17, 2009, 20:00

DannyN

Quote from: "nelix"Very nice  s:D :D s:D  
Some face lift rear lights would really set it off though.  s:) :) s:)

Sorry craig but I think the pre lights look better especially with this kit - why would you want some round dots on that rear end ?
Quote from: \"DannyN\"There are 10 types of people in the world,
Those who understand Binary and those that don\'t...

[size=75]Black 51 165 BHP - Hardtop ON - Teins - Apexi Power FC - AEM Induction (Cleaned) - Crower Cams - Forged Pistons - Iridium Plugs - Zero Manifold - SP Downpipe - H&S - TRD SS - Corkys MSMB - Goodridge - \'03 Vents - Devs - Bamas - Crystal Indies - Mongos.
[/size]

Anonymous

QuoteLooks really good!
So does that front splitter come as pat of the deal or is that an extra?

Front splitter is extra, but they were so nice at JDL that they gave it to me for free   s:D :D s:D

custardavenger

Quote from: "Modul2000"
QuoteLooks really good!
So does that front splitter come as pat of the deal or is that an extra?

Front splitter is extra, but they were so nice at JDL that they gave it to me for free   s:D :D s:D

Funny but it looks different to the one on their site.
[size=150]Custard\'s Bonnet/Engine Cover Struts[/size] Clicky Round 2
Custard\'s Bracing Clicky Coming soon
Project Custard Clicky

Anonymous

QuoteFunny but it looks different to the one on their site.

Yeah. I noticed it too.
Possibly they sent me splitter for some other kit model. I noticed that by comparing both pictures

But i'm ok with mine. In reality it looks even better then on pictures   s8) 8) s8)

Anonymous

Quote from: "DannyN"

Sorry craig but I think the pre lights look better especially with this kit - why would you want some round dots on that rear end ?

Simple, the kit is modern, pre facelift lights are not, they look totally out of place imho.

Anonymous

Quotenelix wrote:
Very nice  
Some face lift rear lights would really set it off though.

QuoteSorry craig but I think the pre lights look better especially with this kit - why would you want some round dots on that rear end ?

QuoteSimple, the kit is modern, pre facelift lights are not, they look totally out of place imho.

Its true that face lift lights look more modern but I kinda like it with pre facelift lights. I like squares more than circles   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   And i want mine to be a little different than Micis   s8) 8) s8)

DannyN

Quote from: "nelix"
Quote from: "DannyN"

Simple, the kit is modern, pre facelift lights are not, they look totally out of place imho.

Whether something is modern or not isnt really the way to pick design.
The lines of the rear bumper on the kit fit the lines and shape of the pre lights, if you put the post lights on then that would introduce 4 small circles to a rear bumper that imho wouldn't suit it

Any way the car looks great, carry on
Quote from: \"DannyN\"There are 10 types of people in the world,
Those who understand Binary and those that don\'t...

[size=75]Black 51 165 BHP - Hardtop ON - Teins - Apexi Power FC - AEM Induction (Cleaned) - Crower Cams - Forged Pistons - Iridium Plugs - Zero Manifold - SP Downpipe - H&S - TRD SS - Corkys MSMB - Goodridge - \'03 Vents - Devs - Bamas - Crystal Indies - Mongos.
[/size]

uktotty

So at the risk of sounding crass, how much is the kit inc all the painting?

custardavenger

I'm with danny on the lights. best with the originals.
[size=150]Custard\'s Bonnet/Engine Cover Struts[/size] Clicky Round 2
Custard\'s Bracing Clicky Coming soon
Project Custard Clicky

ex-member

Quote from: "uktotty"So at the risk of sounding crass, how much is the kit inc all the painting?

think the kit is like 650 for the front/sides/rear normally dude. But only the OP can say how much for the rest  s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Quoteuktotty wrote:

The price of complete kit was 866 EUR (side skirts, front and rear bumper, side vents and boot spoiler "sporty"). So i got a really good price. Daniel from JDL was also so nice to send me some mesh and front diffuser for free   s:D :D s:D  
I can't say how much was just the work with kit, because i also repaired some other things. I will let you know on monday.
But i think its different price for work from country to country.

Mici

Quote from: "Modul2000"
Quoteuktotty wrote:

But i think its different price for work from country to country.

Yep, in Finland it was more than a month of sleepless nights, lots of beer and head aches plus a few serious conversations with missus about her car.   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Seriously, what I would think our shop would charge for a job like this including installing the bodykit, making it fit properly and completely re-spraying the car would be around 3500-4000 € easily.  s:( :( s:(  I myself have a good place to work with my cars, but sometimes I'm having hard time finding the motivation to do anything because of my work and hobby being about the same.

Mici

Anonymous

hey does anyone know any good site for mr2 bodykits as the jdl one takeing the mick running really slow

Anonymous

Quote from: "vinny1987"hey does anyone know any good site for mr2 bodykits as the jdl one takeing the mick running really slow

Surprise, surprise, the first sticky in the appearance section is..................................... This.

Read that, if anything takes your fancy and there are no contact details, there is a little known search engine called "google" which will be your friend.

ex-member

Quote from: "vinny1987"hey does anyone know any good site for mr2 bodykits as the jdl one takeing the mick running really slow

There really isn't much available in the UK tbh. There's a few ebay trd copies and hte likes. There's the JDL kit. And that's pretty much al that's over here. Anything else and you're looking at japanparts etc and rather large customs bills.

Anonymous

Quotevinny1987 wrote:
hey does anyone know any good site for mr2 bodykits as the jdl one takeing the mick running really slow

You can check this site. Maybe you'll find something.

m http://www.trc-tuning.com/ m

Anonymous

Hiya Mark  s:) :) s:)

My JDL kit is all painted now  s:) :) s:)  just got to get the TRD one off and get the JDL fitted . (When I repair the car,I crashed it again)  s;) ;) s;)

In red that car looks very nice mate,

rgrds

Dave

ex-member

Quote from: "Exsecratio"Hiya Mark  s:) :) s:)

My JDL kit is all painted now  s:) :) s:)  just got to get the TRD one off and get the JDL fitted . (When I repair the car,I crashed it again)  s;) ;) s;)

In red that car looks very nice mate,

rgrds

Dave

Heyyyy dave!  s:D :D s:D  Get some snaps up once it'll all done dude  s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

Got a Cat replacement pipe from MaxPSI on the way.I'm hoping i will all fit with TRD header/che cat pipe and Kressieg custom tail end.

I've gone for Black center section on the jdl rear, looks so much better than box colour all over  s;) ;) s;)

rgrds

Dave

ex-member

Quote from: "Exsecratio"Got a Cat replacement pipe from MaxPSI on the way.I'm hoping i will all fit with TRD header/che cat pipe and Kressieg custom tail end.

I've gone for Black center section on the jdl rear, looks so much better than box colour all over  s;) ;) s;)

rgrds

Dave

Haha, thats myyyyy idea mister! And it shall look awesome, just you wait! Check my ancient photoshops for proof that it'll look great!  s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Yup indeedy  s:) :) s:)

Full credit to Mark as the black center is his idea  s:) :) s:)

Now have 2 MK3's  s:) :) s:)  one TRD and one JDL  s:) :) s:)

got some detailing work to do and a pair of exhausts to fit then it pic fest time  s:) :) s:)   still toying with changing the trd rear wing,the thing looks like a shopping trolly  s:( :( s:(

best wishes

Dave

Turbotrucker

Great lookin bodykit and I agree looks fantastic in Red:) that spoiler is attached to the engine lid isn't it?
How much of the edge does it cover? I have one of these on order so I can get rid of the porsche replica spoiler on mine and I'm wondering if this jdl spoiler will cover the holes left by my current spoiler or whether my engine lid is going to require filling and respraying etc
2005 Sable grey Red edition,2zz by Rogue,Toyota GB skirts and spats.Markiii pipe+k&n Panel, Rogue manifold, Sports Cat,TTE Exhaust, TTE style bar, S2000 Seats, Mongo's;) Red Mohair Roof, Whiteline ARB's.

Nath

Not TTE but a Remus - its the same but round pipes not oval.

Nath

I found the kit to be a bit of a poor fit so ended up cutting up my original bumper and the JDL and blending the two together to get a perfect fit with all the original toyota mounting points still in place.

On the rear bumper alone it had more that 20 hours to blend it and paint it.
The front was not as bad but as I had the back as I wanted it I carried on and did the front with an old damaged green bumper.

All worth it in the end but lots of hours spent.

tomaky

Nath i still need to see this animal! Hehe
Westfield Seiw
Skoda octavia vrs 2ltr 245bhp petrol 2023 estate
Ex-2011 Skoda Superb Estate 170 CR Daily Driver
Ex - 2005 Porsche Cayman S
Ex - 2003 Sable
Ex- 2000 Pre FL Blue THOR RACING Ex- TURBO
Ex 2004 Blue  Roadster RIP

Tags: