Stereo dislike to tape deck adaptor

Started by ad_car_08, April 22, 2009, 14:50

ad_car_08

Hi,

I've just bought a tape deck adaptor off ebay so I can play music off my mp3 player through the car stereo. However, when I put it into the tape deck, the music plays for 2seconds, if that, and the tape gets spat back out again?!

Has anyone else had this happen to them? Its not asking me to flip over the tap or something is it??
[size=85]2004 Sable MR2 Roadster - Track toy
Honda Civic EX 1.0T - Company Car
[/size]

SimonC_Here

I think the old Sony units have auto side switch for tapes (been ages since I put a tape in it) Perhaps your tape adaptor thing has too much resistance on the reels and is fooling the unit into thinking it has reached the end of the side?

ad_car_08

Thanks Simon, I'll try freeing up the spool, and trying that
[/size]

muffdan

Had this issue myself with a phillips adapter. I bought a Sony one and it worked fine. The difference between the two was that both reels are connected on the sony one (so turning one turns the other) and there was a little piece of bendy plastic where the auto-stop switch pushes down the tape on a real cassette. One or both of these features is resonsible for the sony one working and the phillips one not. I suspect the head unit detects that only one wheel is turning and thinks the tape has snapped.

Basically buy a sony one from somewhere, or give me a fiver and you can have mine, I don't use it any more.

Jason
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

ad_car_08

Quote from: "muffdan"Had this issue myself with a phillips adapter. I bought a Sony one and it worked fine. The difference between the two was that both reels are connected on the sony one (so turning one turns the other) and there was a little piece of bendy plastic where the auto-stop switch pushes down the tape on a real cassette. One or both of these features is resonsible for the sony one working and the phillips one not. I suspect the head unit detects that only one wheel is turning and thinks the tape has snapped.

Basically buy a sony one from somewhere, or give me a fiver and you can have mine, I don't use it any more.

Jason

That figures. I tried wizzing the heads round on a pen to free them up, tried fast forwarding, rewinding, turning the tape round.....still no joy, just kept spitting the darn thing out!
I may well take you up on that offer Jason if I have no joy...
[/size]

Tags: