Mici's Spyder (JDL kit, this and that) *new pics pg.3*

Started by Mici, May 7, 2009, 07:56

Mici

I bought the car abused late last year. It had seen knife through the tarpaulin, smashed windows and ofcourse scratched all over the car. All in all, it was in driveable but poor visual condition.

Thanks to this forum and E-bay, I got some parts used and ended up with a car which I think looks pretty much "allright".  s:) :) s:)

I'll update this with a bit more story later on... Here are the pics:

-Mici

ex-member

Looks good! I have the jdl sides and rear to go on shortly too!

Mici

Quote from: "mark_a_thorpe"Looks good! I have the jdl sides and rear to go on shortly too!

Those were the most work to get fit right.  s:( :( s:(  

There are more pics of it here, even shows how I had to cut the rear bumper to make it fit properly. The password is "spyder".
 m http://photobucket.com/guestlogin?album ... st/Morko2/ m

Mici

ex-member

Well that's strange...as I've test fitted the rear already and it fits easily enough (except I've yet to drill the screw holes etc). Very odd!

Antman

Mici - that is GORGEOUS!!! I've always liked the look of the JDL kit, but that paint and the wheels makes it fabulous! And you saved yet another '2 from the scrapper! Lots of hard work and a great result - well done!
Ex - 2006 Lagoon Blue with black leather interior, K&N filter, J-spec nose badge, CLUB STICKER, TTE hoop for the bling!

Now - Porsche Boxster S, Arctic Silver - awaiting funds for mods!

s12vea

Looks really nice! Love the colour and the wheels set the car off  :-) :-) :-)
TF204 Blue
Another one won't hurt  .....

custardavenger

Quote from: "s12vea"Looks really nice! Love the colour and the wheels set the car off  :-) :-) :-)

Ditto that comment. Good save of a car.
[size=150]Custard\'s Bonnet/Engine Cover Struts[/size] Clicky Round 2
Custard\'s Bracing Clicky Coming soon
Project Custard Clicky

Anonymous

Pure Eye Candy   s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D

StuM

Stunning.  The colour is fantastic and the black section on the rear bumper works brilliantly.   s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:  

It's threads like this that cause me to lock my wallet away and throw away the key!   s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:
Stu M

Ex 2001 Lagoon Blue Mr2 Roadster
Now - 1985 VW T25 Panel Van \":-)\"

philster_d

Nice colour.

Glad to have you along.

s:) :) s:)

Philster

Mici

Thanks guys.  s:) :) s:)  The car was bought to replace my GF's old SW20, which I did a huge job restoring it on just about everything. Yet, I did not feel the passion to keep it any longer and my eyes caught this Spyder. After all, the difference in money between SW an ZZ was not huge, the car got 10 years younger and this one has only done 32k km's. That plus the huge difference in being true roadster (vs. T-bar) and go-kart-like driveability.   s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:   That ofcourse you all already knew but was new to me after my TT Roadster being ~500kg heavier.  s:) :) s:)  The TT is just enough bigger for me being comfy for longer journeys as the Spyder is really toight fit for me being 190cm.

I need to thank guys here on this very forum, who did supply me with 2nd hand parts for a fraction of the price that new ones would've cost here in Finland. Thanks!   s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:  

I need to finish the audio installation to get some pics of that. It is working and sounds ok, but still needs some finishing touches to be worth showing.  s;) ;) s;)  Also I'm currently working on getting my D2 coilovers installed. It was low enough, if not too low, but I got the D2's for fair price and couldn't resist the adjustability.

The colour is Lamborghini Arancio Atlas btw. Me and my GF both saw this in orange in our eyes right from the moment we saw the car. It looks even better in real life. I had to spray our Boblbee backpack first to see the colour in bigger part than paint chip but after that there was no question it was the colour.

Perfect car for being a shop trolley for missus.  s:D :D s:D  Can't grab the whole supermarket with her on this car.   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

I think I'll tag around for a while now.  s;) ;) s;)

Mici

Anonymous

Nice one!
Soon we'll see how red Mr2 looks with JDL kit - mine   s8) 8) s8)  
I'll report how fitting vent and i'll soon post some pics.
Igor

alancdavis

Very nice           s:D :D s:D
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

Ilogik

looks good i do like the orange.
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

Liz

Thumbs up from me, love that colour!
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

onion86

Quote from: "Liz"Thumbs up from me, love that colour!

+1 to that, look veeery nice.
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

ex-member

just wondering why you had so much trouble again....mine seems to fit fine unless I'm missing somethign that will only pop up when fitting it properly?

ChuckyBru

Wow, that is gorgeous!  I've often wondered what orange would look like.  

Well done on a fine job.   s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:
[size=85]Charlie
2001... with added
TTET. [/i]
My fuel consumption.[/size]

Mici

Quote from: "mark_a_thorpe"just wondering why you had so much trouble again....mine seems to fit fine unless I'm missing somethign that will only pop up when fitting it properly?

Yeah, well as they are GF, the quality often tends to vary a bit. The top part that which comes between the tail lights, was twisted so that I really had to force it to get it on where it should be. I could have left it like that but since I've worked my way around FG bumpers many times, I knew it wouldn't last forever and eventually crack somewhere. Also, when the bumper was bolted on to car properly, the sides were like ½-1" too long and didn't line up with the rear lights properly. Again, it could've been bolted on like that but since I have some sort of perfection-sickness, I had to fix it because it would've bugged me in the future. Due to the limited amount of time I had to work on this car, I had to extend my tolerance of error from 1mm to 2mm.   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  So it is not 110% perfect but the flaws are just something I see in my eyes when I walk past the car. Nobody else has pointed them out to me so far.

The rear bumper now fits without heavily forcing it on installation and that is the most important thing to me.

Sideskirts were also a number on their own. The part that comes from the door opening to the rear wheel arch was sticking out. Nothing that proper fastening and urethaneglue wouldn't fix tho. I didn't want to mold the sides properly to the rear fenders because I actually like how the edge opens up towards the rear bumper.

I'll get some more photos when I get it all finished up and find a proper scenery to photoshoot it.  s;) ;) s;)

Mici

Anonymous

that is possibly the nicest colour of mr2 i have ever seen! I love it when people make their cars unique thats pure eye candy!

DannyN

Is it the same colour that Perry painted his ??
Quote from: \"DannyN\"There are 10 types of people in the world,
Those who understand Binary and those that don\'t...

[size=75]Black 51 165 BHP - Hardtop ON - Teins - Apexi Power FC - AEM Induction (Cleaned) - Crower Cams - Forged Pistons - Iridium Plugs - Zero Manifold - SP Downpipe - H&S - TRD SS - Corkys MSMB - Goodridge - \'03 Vents - Devs - Bamas - Crystal Indies - Mongos.
[/size]

Star_69

To be honest, I hate body kits and aftermarket styling. I think it looks cheap. Fine if your 17 and its your first car but not on a roadster. Then I saw this and changed my mind. Looks lovely!
-Brad
Owner of an \'03 plate "Ship of Theseus" aka Trigger\'s Broom Roadster [strike]1zz-f[/strike]e, [strike]supercharged 2zz-ge,[/strike] 2GR-FE

Steven Velocity

Beautiful car in one of my favorite colours for the Roadster. Well done Matey. Now you just need a hardtop to make it complete.
DRUM & BASS IS THE ANSWER, wobble wobble...HARD TECHNO ALL NIGHT LONG! BLOWN 2ZZ (R.I.P.) (FI project]/PFC/J&S Interceptor/complete custom 2.5" exhaust/6pd w/LSD/8lb aluminum Fidanza flywheel/ACT eXtreme clutch/TRD quickshifter/Speedsource brass shift cable bushings/BC Racing RAM coilovers/Woods slotted rotors/Hawk Pads/Saner 25.4mm front sway bar/Corky\'s BP/Kirks mounts/custom roll cage/JDM hardtop/Dev\'s KHCs/clear corner markers/150lbs added lightness/Toyo R888 for now BWAHAHAHA!!!

Mici

Quote from: "Steven Velocity"Now you just need a hardtop to make it complete.

That is very true. I want to get one eventually, at least if we have to drive the car around the year. Which I hope is not the deal as I could imagine this being a bit dangerous car on slippery ice and snow conditions.  s:( :( s:(  Anyone want to send a HT to Finland?   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:  

Mici

Tem

Seems finns have a thing for that kit, here's another one.  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

m http://tellu.kuvat.fi/kuvat/Markon+kuva ... G_4681.JPG m
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Tags: