Mici's Spyder (JDL kit, this and that) *new pics pg.3*

Started by Mici, May 7, 2009, 07:56

uktotty

WOW I love that, I want it, that colour is wicked!!

Acehole

I have to say i adore that Lambo colour on the MR2, And the JDL kit is awsome. The blue one is nice also but what a grand job by Mici, 5stars from me  s;) ;) s;)
Ex Owner of a ...2000 X Silver (1DO) Air con with Red leather and Hardtop, JDL spoiler, 17" Momo Corse wheels, Custom exhaust system by Pipecraft, K&N 57i Gen2 Cold Air Induction Kit Facelift Indies. Full main dealer history

shuttsies

very nice   s:D :D s:D
Currently have: ASBO ORANGE FOCUS ST-3 bring on the hate \";)\"

BlackSabel

Mici - that is fantastic looking car! Grand job!
BlackSabel 2003 , Leather interior, TTE Twin Exhaust, Hard Top, Precats gutted, Dev's Keyhole cover, Jspec Black Nose Badge, Apexi Induction Kit, TTE Banana Spoiler, Rear Spats, Toyo TR1's Proxes, Silver Calipers with SteveJ 'MR2' decals, Cusco front strut brace, trd Short Shifter, Speedsource bushings. Mongos with spyder decals. 7" touch screen double din.

E

Quote from: "Mici"

-Mici

Your car is beautiful I especially love the colour, but your going to have to do something about those rats.  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Mici

s:D :D s:D   I guess the rats have also taken the same poison as the car.   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I've in process of finishing the car up, there are still some minor things I want to get sorted before I can call it "done". After that I will take some better pics and post them here too.

The car really seems to be an attention grabber - peoples heads turn 360 degrees when we drive around the city.  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  Dunno if it's the color, the kit or just the combination of all...  I just wish the performance would meet the appearance a bit better. I'm fairly happy with our little ride however, it runs pretty smooth (apart from rock stiff D2 suspension) and it is fun to drive. Overtaking would be easier and safer if it would have the extra 50 hp or something like that. My arse just has gotten too used to the 270hp I have on my TTR. Comparing these cars however is a bit difficult. The Audi is a lot more comfy, even with its 19" rubber it is softer and offers the power if needed. Weighs 500kg more tho so you will definately notice that immediately when driving it. I'm happy to have them both - we just need to get something done to MR2 in power wise at some point. I think. The woman who drives it says it is un-necessary but who would you listen to?  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Aight, back to work, getting it finalized and shooting photos for you guys.  s:) :) s:)

Mici

davidarden

One of the best looking 2's I've ever seen, really nicely done!
2003 | Silver | TTE Springs | Twin H&S | No Precats | Toyo T1-R\'s | Red Calipers | De-badged | Pioneer DEH-50UB

MR 2ster

Thats a really smart looking MR2 you got there - nice one!!!!   s:D :D s:D

Dyn-Evo

Quote from: "davidarden"One of the best looking 2's I've ever seen, really nicely done!

I'll second that...!  s8) 8) s8)  

Could do with a nice subtle rear spoiler, perhaps.....?   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Current: 2006 Toyota Corolla T-Sport COMPRESSOR 215hp, Silver, totally stock!
EX]V6[/color]  \":-)\"   )
Black Leather interior, "micro-lip" rear spoiler, Refurbed OEM 15" Pewter Metallics, Cobra Quad-Exit, HEL SS braided hoses, EBC pads, AEM DryFlow CAI.
Ex: "NightHawk" MR2 Mk1 4AG-ZE AE101 S/C conversion (170hp), water injection
Ex: MR2 Mk1b stock 4AGE

JiMR2

Wow - what an amazing looking mr2! Every thing on it "fits" perfectly!

One hell of an awesome job there!!!!!!!!!!!!

What wheels are they btw?
AKA Cinnamon Jim

Mici

Quote from: "Dyn-Evo"
Quote from: "davidarden"One of the best looking 2's I've ever seen, really nicely done!

I'll second that...!  s8) 8) s8)  

Could do with a nice subtle rear spoiler, perhaps.....?   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Yeah, I've been staring one that I have on my TT's trunk lid. That could be pretty close match to start with to get it fit on the top of the rear bumper. I was actually just trying to find one cheap a week ago on TT-Forums but it appears to have some server problem at the moment. Time will tell if I get one in my hands.

However, the car was awarded last saturday on a trackday. Not for a fastest lap or best performance but just looking pretty among the parked cars on the car lot.  s:) :) s:)  I guess I have to be happy on that - even though it wasn't a "real" show event this time.

Thanks everyone for the kind words!  s:) :) s:)  I'll upload some new pics of it soon.

I think the alloys were InterAlloy 17". They came with the car when we bought it, but since the silver didn't match the car I painted the inner part of them with same Yamaha "Dark Smoke" color as the openings on both bumpers. Looks damn lot neater that way if I may say.  s:) :) s:)

Mici

Tem

Quote from: "Tem"Seems finns have a thing for that kit, here's another one.  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

m http://tellu.kuvat.fi/kuvat/Markon+kuva ... G_4681.JPG m

I hope Mici excuses me for messing up his thread...  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Just noticed that the blue one is for sale, so if anyone wants to see more pics of it:
 m http://www.nettiauto.com/toyota/mr2/2523757 m

...or buy it...he's only asking £16800...  s:D :D s:D
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Mici

Quote from: "Tem"
Quote from: "Tem"Seems finns have a thing for that kit, here's another one.  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

m http://tellu.kuvat.fi/kuvat/Markon+kuva ... G_4681.JPG m

I hope Mici excuses me for messing up his thread...  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  Sure, no problem at all. I have to get the pics up what I had on my kit. Meh... I was sooo embrassed when I had to go and pick up my award, you will find out when I get the pics up.  s:D :D s:D

Mici

Mici

Some new pics here:

m http://s473.photobucket.com/albums/rr99 ... st/Events/ m

That's that for now.  s:) :) s:)  I have to clean the interior and get some interior/sub/amp install pics up too.

I have to say I'm well happy with the cars appearance.

Mici

uktotty

very small cups in that pic

ChuckyBru

That is one damn fine car you have there.  You must be really pleased with all your efforts.   s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:  
I remember seeing a Lambo at the London Motor Show in this sort of colour a few years ago - I loved it then and I still love it now.
[size=85]Charlie
2001... with added
TTET. [/i]
My fuel consumption.[/size]

philster_d

Nice trophy.

muffdan

I love the kit and the colour. I need to get mine resprayed soon, perhaps this colour's the way to go  s:) :) s:)
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

NorthandSouth

I've just fallen in love.......................

with that lovely car.................I love the colour    s8) 8) s8)
Lynne
2004 Sable Red Edition now sold :( and would so love another!

Mici

Quote from: "NorthandSouth"I've just fallen in love.......................

with that lovely car.................I love the colour    s8) 8) s8)

Lamborghini Arancio Atlas. No big secrets here.  s:) :) s:)  I really like the colour too, more each day actually. That was a purrrfect choice from me.  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Mici

Ilogik

Nice car bud, looks well put together, that TT has really made me want a TT though, are they porka wheels on it? Any more info on sizes?  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

Anonymous

Quote from: "muffdan"I love the kit and the colour. I need to get mine resprayed soon, perhaps this colour's the way to go  s:) :) s:)

Yours should have been resprayed when built.  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:flame: :flame: s:flame:

shuttsies

hey  Mici

have you had that lowered at all??

nice ride man...
Currently have: ASBO ORANGE FOCUS ST-3 bring on the hate \";)\"

Mici

Quote from: "Ilogik"Nice car bud, looks well put together, that TT has really made me want a TT though, are they porka wheels on it? Any more info on sizes?  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Yes, Artec Turbo P 3-piece wheels in 9x19" front and 10x19" rears. I have adapters between wheel hub and rim to convert them from Porsche lug pattern to Audis. I really love the wheels also, I guess they were the biggest reason for me to want just this car out of all TT's for sale. Also it had some bits done already so that made my decision easier. Small warning tho, I've already gone through one differential because of the size difference in tires. I had 245/35 front and 265/30 rear - which was 13mm difference in the actual height of the wheel. That makes several cm's in rolling radius, something that is NOT healthy when the car is 4wd, even if it is with haldex coupling.

I've installed those SRS-Tec bumpers myself, the carbon ribs on them are home brew and the colour is standard Nimbusgrau with added spice under the clear coat (Mipa Phönix sparkling effect). The lovely thing about this is that the flake doesn't show at all when its dark or when looking at the car from shadow side.

More pics of Audi here:  m http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2486942 m

Mici

Mici

Quote from: "shuttsies"hey  Mici

have you had that lowered at all??

nice ride man...

Thanks!  s:) :) s:)  Yeah, it is lowered, I have D2 coilovers and its so low that I've already scrubbed that front bumper few times.  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  I even got softer spring ratios when I bought the kit but it is still really hard ride. Those original struts with lowering springs (which were on the car when bought) were a lot nicer ride so I'm actually bouncing around   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:    s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:    s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:   with the idea of getting them back in the car or not.

The good thing about D2 suspension being so tight, you do get all of the go-cart feeling when the suspension doesn't flex too much around the bends. Downside of this again is that the rear sometimes gets loose and the car doesn't have the power to drift with spectacular tire smoke around the corners.  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  Also this is SMT equipped so that makes it a tad more complicated too...

Mici

Tags: