EYELIDS/EYEBROWS -- GAUGING INTEREST IN NEW MODS! ****

Started by ex-member, June 20, 2009, 22:48

ex-member

Having spoken to Ste about this, I've got the go ahead to post a "gauging interest" thread to see if/who would be interested in the following product....

My step dad's a sprayer, and thus, I've always been surrounded by filler and fibreglass and I figure that I should be putting these years of passive experience to good use!

Basically, I'm planning on making a set of eyebrows as nobody seems to make them anymore. Then I got to thinking...some of the current sets look utterly awful, so I photoshopped myself 4 different types. You'll see resemblances to other ones, but I wouldn't be making them from originals. I shall be making them from scratch and thus they would vary.

All 4 would be made of fibreglass, smoothed and with a gelcoat of sorts on the outerside, as per any body bits, ready to paint  s:) :) s:)

Here are the 4 sets I have VERY quickly photoshopped (excuse the shoddy designs at this stage, and bare in mind my front bumper is neither on my car, nor yellow!)

Option A;

OptionB;

Option C;

Option D;

Anonymous

Can you do a mock up like option A but follows the curve of the light like option C.Also wouldnt this be better and more cost effective in a sticker type form?

ex-member

The curve of the top part of the light, like this?

Anonymous

Yeah but a little less near the wing,i think option C would do quite well aswell.

ex-member

doodle it on a piece of paper and take a snap then email it, and I'll mock it up in PS if you fancy it?  s:) :) s:)

I think I'll make option A first of all to get an idea, then work the others + anything anyone suggests  s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

Put me down for set of Option C's mate  s:) :) s:)

Have 2 mates at work that would go for them as well  s:) :) s:)

muffdan

I have a set of Option C's in the garage. I recently switched to post facelift headlights and I like them just the way they are so I think I'll be selling my eyebrows. They're unpainted. PM me if anyone's interested in buying.

Sorry for the shameless thread hijack   s:D :D s:D  .

Back on topic, Option C do look good as they completely surround the lights. They also make the car difficult to recognise as an MR2 from the front, dare I say more like a Porsche!

Jason
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

ex-member

Hmm quite keen on C then? Interesting! I've never been a huge fan of the similar style to that. I think it's mainly as the current similar set are too raised, and thus they look a bit disjointed.

I'll be aiming to keep the quality/thickness good, but have it less "obvious".  s:) :) s:)

uktotty

I like A, they are a bit different from the old ones which look very much like C

ex-member

Yeh Russ, think I like the subtlty of A, and C the most, so A will be the first to try out. Got a couple of job interviews this week, and wanna get fired on with my interior, so it'll likely be next week by the time I have a proper go at something  s:) :) s:)

Ilogik

They look great in the photoshop, but when you see proper ones they don;t look so great and look a little stuck on.

Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

loadswine

Oh dear, that looked awful.
I think its a good idea to sound out what people like at the outset. Good luck to you Mark.  s:) :) s:)
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Ilogik

might work better on a darker coloured car  as it wouldn't show up the lines as bad.
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

ex-member

Yup Al, you're totally right which is why I said the same thign above  s;) ;) s;)

As I mentioned, I shall be making them in such a way so that they don't protrude as much and look more like they're part of the body work  s:) :) s:)

evileye_wrx

Option C, the hardest to make, and also the hardest to fit. might be why that white one doesn't look great. I think due to the shape it's always going to be difficult to fit, unless you have a third arm  s;-) ;-) s;-)

I do like the Abflug/ C-One style, which the other 3 options have. They are going to look less stuck on than Option C as well since they don't come out onto the wing.

Now what I'm really waiting for is for you to come up with a rear light eyebrow, preferably wrapped in C/F   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

Phil
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

ex-member

Already thought about that one actually! I've seen one set once...but I think I can come up with something better  s:) :) s:)

Anyways, fronts first  s:D :D s:D

spit

I like A - it has the effect of 'widening' the car's appearance from the front.
Also like D - similar but with a quirky effect to continue the wing line..... nearly!

But have to say I also like driving at night with a view of the headlights lit up and poking over the bonnet.
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Anonymous

Good idea wish you the best of luck with it.

I will be interested in a pair as long as they don't stick of the car to much

I like A & B

What sort of price you looking at?

Anonymous

Where did you get them side air intake vents?

Car looks sweet   s:D :D s:D  

Quote from: "evileye_xc"

ex-member

Not sure on price yet fella, it all depends on the extent of work needed, but they'll be cheaper than previous I'd hope  s:) :) s:)

And those are c-one vents.....I think. I very very VERY much want a set but cant find cheap ones anywhere! Might make those sometime!  s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Quote from: "mark_a_thorpe"Not sure on price yet fella, it all depends on the extent of work needed, but they'll be cheaper than previous I'd hope  s:) :) s:)

And those are c-one vents.....I think. I very very VERY much want a set but cant find cheap ones anywhere! Might make those sometime!  s:D :D s:D

Cool cheers anyway, i will bookmark this and keep checking back

s:D :D s:D

muffdan

Quote from: "muffdan"I think I'll be selling my eyebrows. They're unpainted. PM me if anyone's interested in buying.

Sold!   s:D :D s:D  

Phil, the eyebrows on your car look awesome, although I think the vents in the bonnet and the front spats play a large part in that awesomeness!

Jason
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

evileye_wrx

Yup, C-One side vents. I would contact Prolex, one of our Affiliates, if your interested

Phil
Phil

Anonymous

Quote from: "evileye_xc"Yup, C-One side vents. I would contact Prolex, one of our Affiliates, if your interested

Phil

Thanks just had a look are they only available in carbon?

You car is awesome
Had a little play in photoshop   s:D :D s:D  

evileye_wrx

Ta vry much, I think the original pic had been photoshopped anyway as I hadn't even washed the car when I was forced to enter the competition  s;-) ;-) s;-)

Phil

Quote from: "Nips"Thanks just had a look are they only available in carbon?

You car is awesome
Had a little play in photoshop   s:D :D s:D  

Phil

Tags: