Wireing a multi cd player

Started by alancdavis, July 14, 2009, 21:22

alancdavis

Just gor a OEM sony multi player from one of our members   Where can I get a connection / fitting instruction ?
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

markiii

it needs 3 wires dual rca and a control cable
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

enid_b

what is it replacing alan? stock or aftermarket hu. im just thinking wiring to myself. tell me more and i will too
Ex \'51 Roadster, now  Verso SR !!! the official MR2ROC support vehicle.
Quote from: \"markiii to deej\"the difference will be because your old plugs were fubared

a bloke with a flint would likely have been an improvement

wbarrwebster

Hi,

I assume it's going into the Sony head Unit!

Just run the wires from the back of the HU. Just make sure the red and the white go in the correct holes....(it won't blow up if you get it wrong..)

Run the wires  behind the carpet..take out door cill, run the wire under ....into the bottopm of the bin ( Assuming that's where you're gonna fit the CD unit ) Loose some of the wires at the passenger footwell as you won't need ithem all and you don't want all the excess wire in the bin!

Think about getting a remote commander ( it connects to the blue circled aperture at the back of the HU, sits to the left of your steering wheel cowl) makes  altering stations, cds, volume etc, that much easier.....don't buy new, pick it up on Ebay .Remember get the right one, they are not all compatable..

B
W. B. Webster

alancdavis

Quote from: "enid_b"what is it replacing alan? stock or aftermarket hu. Im just thinking wiring to myself. tell me more and i will too

Just adding it to stock sony unit
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

markiii

Quote from: "markiii"it needs 3 wires dual rca and a control cable
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

alancdavis

Quote from: "wbarrwebster"Hi,

I assume it's going into the Sony head Unit!

Just run the wires from the back of the HU. Just make sure the red and the white go in the correct holes....(it won't blow up if you get it wrong..)

Run the wires  behind the carpet..take out door cill, run the wire under ....into the bottopm of the bin ( Assuming that's where you're gonna fit the CD unit ) Loose some of the wires at the passenger footwell as you won't need ithem all and you don't want all the excess wire in the bin!

Think about getting a remote commander ( it connects to the blue circled aperture at the back of the HU, sits to the left of your steering wheel cowl) makes  altering stations, cds, volume etc, that much easier.....don't buy new, pick it up on Ebay .Remember get the right one, they are not all compatable..

B

Cheers   I will be fitting it when I install my new center console ( if I evver get the wrinklr paint finish sorted)   so wired can run under that

Tags: