Cassette adaptor for mp3 player frustration

Started by ad_car_08, July 21, 2009, 12:00

ad_car_08

I'm getting increasingly frustrated with my standard Sony headunit...  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  

I bought a cassette adaptor a while back, but whenever I tried to use it, it would play music from my mp3 player for about 2 seconds, then spit the damn cassette back out at me. I thought perhaps I might need to get a Sony cassette adaptor to be compatible with the Sony head unit gadget/wizardry and stop it prematurely spitting things back at me.

I've just performed a little investigation, and found that it doesn't matter which brand of cassette adaptor you have, if the head unit sensor isn't picking up that tape is moving between the heads of the cassette, it'll just keep spitting it out....UNLESS you can disable the "auto play other side of the tape" function(technical terminology, I know!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  ) on the head unit!
Source of info I found - http://forums.ilounge.com/showthread.php?t=222364

My car is with a mechanic for a couple of days, so I'm not able to find the model number, so I was wondering if some kind soul would post it up for me, so I can find out if it's possible to disable the function in question?

Like I say, it's the standard Sony head unit with the tape and CD player, and the bass boost dial in the top right hand corner

Thanks for any help!
[size=85]2004 Sable MR2 Roadster - Track toy
Honda Civic EX 1.0T - Company Car
[/size]

custardavenger

Interesting this as we were going to do that with the Volvo stereo.

Sony unit is a WX-C570R
[size=150]Custard\'s Bonnet/Engine Cover Struts[/size] Clicky Round 2
Custard\'s Bracing Clicky Coming soon
Project Custard Clicky

muffdan

the Sony adapter works. I had the same problem when I tried to use a Phillips tape adapter and it spat it out after a few seconds of playback. The Sony adapter contains extra gears and a few bits of bendy plastic to fool the player into thinking it's a real tape. That fixes this issue GUARANTEED.

Jason
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

enid_b

stop being a cheap skate and get a decent HU !!!!
Ex \'51 Roadster, now  Verso SR !!! the official MR2ROC support vehicle.
Quote from: \"markiii to deej\"the difference will be because your old plugs were fubared

a bloke with a flint would likely have been an improvement

custardavenger

Quote from: "enid_b"stop being a cheap skate and get a decent HU !!!!

Hey there's nothing wrong with the Sony. Mine's great.
[size=150]Custard\'s Bonnet/Engine Cover Struts[/size] Clicky Round 2
Custard\'s Bracing Clicky Coming soon
Project Custard Clicky

ad_car_08

Quote from: "enid_b"stop being a cheap skate and get a decent HU !!!!

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  I will once I've got the car legal and running ok. No point in beefing up the stereo if you're only able to sit on your drive!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  For now, I have brakes to pay for!

muffdan - interesting to hear you've experienced the same as I am currently. I'll try disabling the "auto change side" feature, then put my hand in my pocket and get a bonafide SONY adapter.
Thanks   s:D :D s:D
[size=85]2004 Sable MR2 Roadster - Track toy
Honda Civic EX 1.0T - Company Car
[/size]

Anonymous

This is mine only cost a few quid,the make is "isound" and works perfectly.(ebay link at bottom)

here it is on ebay
 m http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/iSOUND-Cassette-A ... 3:1|294:50 m

Tags: