BC coilovers setup ideas please.

Started by phillmat, August 6, 2009, 22:37

phillmat

Wondered if anyone has a good set-up to try on the BC's.  Also anyone know how to set up the spring rate on each corner??
Cheers

loadswine

ChrisGB did an absolutely brilliant writeup a little while ago on these. I think if you read that, you'll find a whole load of help.
The article was well thought out and objective, great stuff.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

ChrisGB

Quote from: "phillmat"Wondered if anyone has a good set-up to try on the BC's.  Also anyone know how to set up the spring rate on each corner??
Cheers

Damping settings will depend on your tyres and wheels to an extent. I ran mine soft (4 clicks front 6 rear) for around 1000 miles while they settled down. Currently running 8 front / 16 rear, but will soften it up when the winter gets here.

Spring rates are not adjustable, but according to some instructions I read online, the perches can be used to add up to 5mm preload to the springs if you feel it is too soft.

Ride height, I ran -25 mm front -20mm rear (from stock 2003 car).

Camber, 1.5 deg front 2.0 deg rear (how they worked out once fitted). Works well and so far the inside edges of the rears are wearing pretty much the same as the rest of the tyre.

Chris
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

Tags: