Stereo single din adaptor

Started by MRMike, February 16, 2004, 18:19

MRMike

I know this has been discussed before, I'm going to install my system this weekend, and was just wondering whether it was better to go for the Mr T single din adaptor bits, or the autoleads.  I noticed Filcee has the Mr T parts, but as he pointed out there are gaps.  Has anyone got a close up pic of the FP-11-03 autoleads adaptor? as this seems to solve the problem of the gaps. Any opinions from owners of either which to go for? As i really don't want unsightly gaps or bad quality plastic..

Many thanks,

Mike
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

GSB

I have the Toyota parts, and I have no gaps... In fact, its a perfect fit.
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

I've got the autoleads one.  It's not brilliant quality plastic but it does fit well.  I bought it originally planning to get the MrT bits at a later date but never have.  Guess that means I'm happy with it or lazy....

J

MRMike

Cheers guys, Jimbob or anyone else that has the autoleads does the HU  sit flush with the adaptor? from the pics i've seen of the MR T parts the HU seems to stick out a bit further maybe I'm wrong?

At the mo I think the quality of the Mr T parts are better but would really like all in one..

Cheers,

Mike
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

LeeUK

I have just fitted my new Alpine CD headunit and i was told all i needed was a single din storage hole which i have got from audioleads and that the brakets and the Stereo surround are re-used.  I have done all this and it looks awful!  There are huge gaps either side of the H/U and single din storage hole, i'm sure i must have missed something what is it? If anyone can help me and if it is a toyota part with a part number that would be great!

P.S. The headunit looks & sounds the nuts   s:D :D s:D  

Thanks

Lee
[size=100]JELBE[/size]
MR2 Roadster 2zz Track/Racecar Project ......2% complete......

MR2ROC Go-Karting Champion 2005
[/color]

Anonymous

MrT gave me two plastic parts to fill this gap, i'll find the numbers for you.

Anonymous

86221 -52050 : Left hand spacer
86221 - 52060 : Right hand spacer

Anonymous

Quote from: "Jimbob"I've got the autoleads one.  It's not brilliant quality plastic but it does fit well.  I bought it originally planning to get the MrT bits at a later date but never have.  Guess that means I'm happy with it or lazy....

J

I got the Autoleads one this morning & fitted tonight..............however.........

Are you supposed to re-use the stock stereo surround?

I have gaps all round  s:( :( s:(   & the stock Sony surround doesn't fit the Autoleads facia  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  

Does the newer surround fit the FP-11-03 Autoleads fascia?

Anonymous

The newer surround from the Fisher Price '03 stereos certainly does go round. I thought someone said if you had the original Sony stereo from the pre 03s that you could actually remove the stereo from within the standard OEM surround and just slot your HU in there and then you just needed to get the cubby hole bit for underneath.

Here's a shot of my single DIN unit in my '03  s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

Quote from: "Hanslow"The newer surround from the Fisher Price '03 stereos certainly does go round. I thought someone said if you had the original Sony stereo from the pre 03s that you could actually remove the stereo from within the standard OEM surround and just slot your HU in there and then you just needed to get the cubby hole bit for underneath.

Cheers Hanslow, but for some reason the Sony surround wouldn't fit round the new stereo  s:( :( s:(  

Anyone know the part number for the Fisher Price Surround  s:?: :?: s:?:    s:?: :?: s:?:    s:?: :?: s:?:    s:?: :?: s:?:

Anonymous

Do you mean you tried fitting the surround round just the stereo, or the autoleads adaptor?

Have a read of this as it might shed some light and help a bit. I think it has the surround parts number in there too  s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

Quote from: "Hanslow"Do you mean you tried fitting the surround round just the stereo, or the autoleads adaptor?

Have a read of this as it might shed some light and help a bit. I think it has the surround parts number in there too  s:) :) s:)

Just round the stereo, looks like I am going to need the £7 part mentioned in the other thread  s:( :( s:(  

The stereo doesn't work properly either but that is a whole other story - playing email tennis with the company at the mo  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:

Anonymous

Sounds like you are having a bit of a mare.

I got sent the wrong loom from the company I had ordered it from, but to be fair they hadn't got anything wrong on my previous orders for about a grands worth of stuff over the years.

Fortunately, the Nissan one they sent me has gone to my mate who has used it in his missus' Micra cos she's been harping on at him to fit a decent stereo into her car for ages  s:) :) s:)

Hope you get it sorted soon  s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

Quote from: "Hanslow"Do you mean you tried fitting the surround round just the stereo, or the autoleads adaptor?

To replace the stock Sony headunit on the pre-03, you need nothing more than a single-DIN cubby hole (also an Autoleads part, eg from Halfrauds); no other fitting kits/parts/etc are needed.

m http://www.mr2roc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4284#4284 m  shows pictures.

Anonymous

what about the post 03 any recommendations before i start taking the car to bits  s:?: :?: s:?:

Anonymous

adz,

If you look on my pic above, that is the autoleads one. The front fascia surround comes off the fisher price unit and clips onto the autoleads part once it has been assembled, giving it an almost factory fit look.

Basically the parts that were needed were

1 x Autoleads Fascia FP-11-03
1 x Autoleads Toyota Wiring Loom PC2-17-4
1 x Surround from stock '03/'04 unit. Can be prised off gently with a screwdriver once removed from the car.

That's basically all I used anyway  s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

nice one i will pop to my local halfords to see what theyve got

Anonymous

Quote from: "pmdye"

To replace the stock Sony headunit on the pre-03, you need nothing more than a single-DIN cubby hole (also an Autoleads part, eg from Halfrauds); no other fitting kits/parts/etc are needed.

m http://www.mr2roc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4284#4284 m  shows pictures.

That's where I went wrong, I still had the new surround on the new H/U, not to worry I went to see Mr T today (spent 40 minutes explaining to the parts guy that the stereo surrounds are DIFFERENT on pre & post 03!!  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  , in the end I had to show him - the brand new on in the showroom & then the written off one that a salesman had ROLLED last week  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  ) but got there in the end & the parts will be there when it goes for it's service on Tues (Along with my brand spanking new warranty supplied wheels  s8) 8) s8)  )

Tags: