New Door Speakers

Started by Ama_1979, October 20, 2009, 15:14

Ama_1979

Hi all,

I'm wanting to replace the door speakers with Bose speakers, can this be done?  I know nothing at all so go easy..
I don't want any kind of speaker in the bins as I use them frequently so I'm only wanting them in the front.  I don't even know if Bose do these?  If so what is the size I would need to look for?

If anyone can advise I'd be very grateful

Thanks in advance

Amy

Anonymous

Hi Amy,

There's much better speakers out there than Bose, and I should know as I've got them in the Zed! A pair of Focals or (if you're feeling flash) Rainbows will be a billion times better than either stock or Bose speakers: I ran the Focals in my old '2 and loved them, and heard the Rainbows in Stu's old beast and they were out of this world. You'll need to either make up some MDF spacers or butcher your old OEM speakers to form spacers, the latter is the easiest by far. Gimme a shout if you want a hand fitting them when you've decided if you want, been a while since I did any but I'm sure I can bluff along  s;) ;) s;)

Oh, and well worth dynamatting your doors as well while the panel is off, if not with the proper stuff then flashing tape is equally as good.

Ama_1979

Ahh thanks Dan bless ya,  I'm now going to have a look at what you've suggested.

Cheers Mister x

shuttsies

If your going to change the speakers, change the head unit as well. No point jumping on crazy speakers with rubbish HU.

Just a thought  s;) ;) s;)
Currently have: ASBO ORANGE FOCUS ST-3 bring on the hate \";)\"

roger

Quote from: "shuttsies"If your going to change the speakers, change the head unit as well. No point jumping on crazy speakers with rubbish HU.

Just a thought  s;) ;) s;)

Agreed.

But I did my speakers first, and there was a definite improvement from the OEM post 03 HU.  s:) :) s:)   It got even better when I changed that   s:D :D s:D
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

muffdan

Out of interest, how good is the Sony pre-facelist HU? On the front of the unit, it states that it has 4x35W output. I have changed my front speakers for 35W speakers so in terms of power output there's nothing to gain but what about quality? My primary concern with a new HU is getting my roof slashed  s:( :( s:(
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

markiii

if your happy withteh funcionality I'd leave it alone and add an amp
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

muffdan

funnily enough, I've got an amp ready to fit   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

markiii

good point should be sorted then  :-) :-) :-)
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Tags: