New System

Started by MRMike, February 23, 2004, 16:31

MRMike

Well my new system is in and it's absolutely fantastic.  I was, up until Thursday night going to install it myself, but then I decided if I can get someone to fit it for me in a day, I might as well.  Had it fitted at CEL in Leicester who have done a great job.  Also rather unbelievably I met a fellow ROC member there at the same time by chance. Hi again Testcard!

Anyways here are a few pics.  I have a Pioneer ANH-P9R-BK nav unit, Boston Acoustics 275 watt mono amp, and Boston Acoustics ralleye components and dynamatted doors.  The sound is phenomenal. You can also see my new G-Tech in the car, which is also pretty darn cool. Especially as it recorded a 0-60 of 6.8 with a really bad start last night..

m http://www.SpyderMagazine.com/files/facia.jpg m

m http://www.SpyderMagazine.com/files/Bamp.jpg m

m http://www.SpyderMagazine.com/files/Mdash1.jpg m

Cheers,

Mike

Edited: Updated smaller images
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

Anonymous

What size are the components?

MRMike

They are 6.5" I believe.. tweeters fit perfectly in stock location as well..
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
NOW M3 V8

Anonymous

how much did they charge  s:?: :?: s:?:

MRMike

£1,500 all in.  I was happy with that.  s:) :) s:)

Then.. Blue 350Z
NOW M3 V8

heathstimpson

Quote from: "Mikeharper2"£1,500 all in.  I was happy with that.  s:) :) s:)
Do you know how much the labour charge portion was  s:?: :?: s:?:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

MRMike

They charged me £100 but i've had systems done there before.  They aren't the cheapest for fitting but they are very good.  I've seen early Bentley Arnage's (before standard navigation) having their sat-Nav retro-fitted there.

Then.. Blue 350Z
NOW M3 V8

crankshaft

Hello Mike;

Which model   s:?: :?: s:?:  SONY head unit  s:?: :?: s:?:   did you buy ???

Cheers

Crankshaft
2001 SMT - Pete

MRMike

Hey crankshaft, i didn't get a Sony unit, I bought a Pioneer ANH-P9R-BK  Nav unit. It's really excellent and i'd reccomend one if you need nav

Mike

Then.. Blue 350Z
NOW M3 V8

crankshaft

Mike;

Sorrie, got my wires twisted   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

Your system looks great !!!

CrankShaft
2001 SMT - Pete

Anonymous

Hi Mike

glad you are happy with the system lets hope you dont get lost on your journeys from now on ( no excuse for being late anywhere )

You are right that the speakers are 6.5 and the labour portion was just over £100. Dont forget that the speakers need spacers to mount on the door these are designed for the vectra but fit the mr2 perfectly.

Thanks for the good review

e mailto:Paul@cel-direct.com">Paul@cel-direct.com e

Anonymous

As a postscript, I had my ICE upgraded today at the same place in Leicester where I bumped into Mike last week. I went for a Blaupunkt Acapulco (CD/mp3) and Boston Acoustics speakers with a dash of dynamatt to complete the job. No amp or sub, but the difference in audio quality is amazing. The company did a very good job of the installation, and I'd recommend them to anyone else in the Midlands (or indeed further afield if you have satnav   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  )

MRMike

Great! Have you got any pictures yet?  In a few days time you'll appreciate the sound quality even more when the speakers loosen up a bit.  Yeah i'll second that they do a really great job, all the wires behind the dash were covered in carpet and very tidy.  If they make that sort of effort with what you can't see, then it bodes well for the items you can!

And yes without Sat-Nav I would be in a real mess..last year when I worked in london I drove from maidenhead to Hamersmith for a works do about a 25 min drive.  I got lost to the tune of 6 hours...had to fill up twice with petrol. Nice drive though..went past Canary wharf..dartford tunnel..various places of interest.

Then.. Blue 350Z
NOW M3 V8

Anonymous

Hi Mike - I'll get around to some pictures ASAP, but might need some help in hosting them. I passed a couple of flyers to Paul (?) at CEL this afternoon, get home, and there he is, two posts above! Methinks all this free advertising must be worth a hefty discount next time around  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

MRMike

you mean your not getting commision?   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:     s:D :D s:D   No seriously they do deserve a good review it's good to know some companies care about 'your' vehicle.  Now what about a TV in the centre console...  s:D :D s:D

Then.. Blue 350Z
NOW M3 V8

Anonymous

TV in the centre console? Probably won't be room once I get the fridge installed for the G&T's  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

TV sounds good has anyone tried this. i keep getting tempted

motor world is doing a DVD TV combo for 199 but the player is a bit bulky

Tags: