Take 2:Roll up, roll up, how much power/torque will it make?

Started by AC, November 13, 2009, 18:02

markiii

Quote from: "AC"
Quote from: "Ilogik"Hi mate, how desperate are you for the clutch? I will be selling my TRD one, which is in good condition. Looking for £150 delivered?

Will be coming off the car in a few weeks, not sure which one it is, as I never got to see it. But it will be checked once off and ill get some pics for you.

m http://www.fensport.co.uk/products.htm m

PM me when you have it off (the clutch that is  s:lol: :lol: s:lol: ).

Cheers,
Andrew.

don't get too excited we've been here before
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

MattPerformance

Quote from: "AC"230hp at 7psi at max revs

Is that definitely 7psi, not 0.7bar?

AC

Quote from: "MattPerformance"Is that definitely 7psi, not 0.7bar?

Hmmm, you got me thinking now.  I'm presuming its psi as all the conversations I had with the mapping technician, including over the produced chart, were in psi on the subject of boost.  I'll check and confirm.

[size=85]The famous Walter Rohrl once said "Stay away from rear-wheel-drive cars unless.......", I had to agree on one particular occasion, but we did live happily ever after (apart from the trousers, they were a write off).

Anonymous

10psi sounds more realistic than 7psi for that figure I guess, but then I'd expect cooling to be a much greater issue for boost that high... I dunno.

E

Awsome figures either way mate you must be over the moon.

AC

Quote from: "Dan M"10psi sounds more realistic than 7psi for that figure I guess, but then I'd expect cooling to be a much greater issue for boost that high... I dunno.

One point I did try to make clear was to map the car for a safe set up with intake temps in particular being of concern (having no cooling).  I was told they reached the 70's during runs which is high (apparently anything over 40 and your wasting power) but not dangerously high so I was told.

Quote from: "E"Awsome figures either way mate you must be over the moon.

Yeah, to say I was pleasantly surprised is an elephant sized understatement.  It's flying  s:D :D s:D , but also slipping the clutch noticeably  s:( :( s:( .  Pleasure and pain.

[size=85]The famous Walter Rohrl once said "Stay away from rear-wheel-drive cars unless.......", I had to agree on one particular occasion, but we did live happily ever after (apart from the trousers, they were a write off).

loadswine

Well done Andrew, really pleasing result there.  s8) 8) s8)  
 ACT clutch works well for me as well. Very user friendly.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

VVT-i

Good figures, well done. As for a clutch I'm useing the exeedy one.. it's coping fine with my 234bhp,  no issues at all.
2005 MR2 Roadster  (Black)
P.E. Turbo and other stuff that gives 234BHP  \";)\"

Quote from: \"Wabbitkilla\"Mine is a bit stiff when cold, but once it\'s warmed up it slips in nicely.

MR 2ster

Nice results!!   s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:

s12vea

thats a good figure you have gotta be happy with that!! Get the clutch sorted and you will have a superb car  :-) :-) :-)  
Enjoy the turbo!!
TF204 Blue
Another one won't hurt  .....

AC

Quote from: "MattPerformance"Is that definitely 7psi, not 0.7bar?

Having checked it is indeed bar and not psi, so boost is running 7.25psi through 8.7 up to 10psi at max revs (the creep after 6000rpm is wastegate related, its close to needing porting apparently).

AC

Off to Noble this afternoon for a second mapping session now the chargecooler is fitted (what a PITA that was).  Didn't manage to give any beer away last time but as previous anybody who nails either figure exactly can have a Brahma in the post on me.

Changes since first mapping are;

New LUK upratred clutch.
440cc Denso Injectors (from Exige).
4x6 PWR charge cooler kit (and now BOV-less).

I'll tell Noble to pursue up to 1 bar pressure if it helps get the best balance, but tbh boost may well remain untouched and just fueling combined with a cooled charge used to set the tune.

Anyway, how much do we think it will make???

markiii

I reckon more than 12psi it will be a heat pump so I wouldn;t go any further

I reckon you should equal my old HAss based on results so far

So I'm going to say 270bhp at 10 PSI
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

loadswine

I'm going to say 262bhp and 238lbft. Hope it all goes well in any event Andrew!   s:D :D s:D

uktotty

I am going with 266

OlberJ

257bhp and 230lb/ft.
  s:D :D s:D
Black 1MZ V6 - TTE Springs - 17" wheels - F355 exhaust - LSD and ST182 FD - aka Black Bob Jnr

http://www.olbermotive.com

AC

s:) :) s:)    s:) :) s:)    s:D :D s:D   s:D :D s:D     s:o :o s:o    s:o :o s:o   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:P :P s:P    s:P :P s:P    s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:    s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:    s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:    s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:    s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:    s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:    s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:    s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:    s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:    s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:    s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:  

Apologies for the total disregard and abuse of smilies, but I have something very big to smile about...............

Yep, you read right, 272bhp and 247lbft torque, boosting up to 12.7psi.  s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen: .  Just look at the before and after (before is dotted line), 60 lbft torque added at 3500rpm  s:crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: s:crazyeyes: .

I can only conclude the Apexi turbo is an underrated piece of kit, add the right sized injectors and a PWR CC then visit Noble for Darren Wynn's mapping skills and the results, are, well, pretty good.  It doesn't hang about now, I can tell you that much  s:wink: :wink: s:wink: .

Ilogik

Looks good mate, would like to see a Dyno Dynamics run.

Does the E-manage monitor knock levels at all?
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

loadswine

Doesn't really matter what dyno its run on, as the comparison of before and after is plain to see.
Marvellous result Andrew, I always thought that was one ace piece of kit.

Ilogik

Ay not knocking it, would like to see it on a dyno dynamics dyno though.
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

OlberJ

Quote from: "Ilogik"Ay not knocking it, would like to see it on a dyno dynamics dyno though.

You'd need a before and after on your DDD for it to be of any relevance.

AC, fantatsic result!
Black 1MZ V6 - TTE Springs - 17" wheels - F355 exhaust - LSD and ST182 FD - aka Black Bob Jnr

http://www.olbermotive.com

Wabbitkilla

Fantastic numbers, well done!
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

E

Now thats a definate result, you must be over the moon.   s8) 8) s8)

s12vea

You have gotta be happy with that  :-) :-) :-)  well done !!!
TF204 Blue
Another one won't hurt  .....

spit

Wow what a result   s8) 8) s8)  

Nice work Andrew, thats a helluva jump from an already cracking position.
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Tags: