Cobra Quad Exhaust *Fitted*

Started by nathanMR2, November 22, 2009, 22:08

nathanMR2

Thought id post some pictures on my recently fitted Cobra Exhaust for those who havent seen them.

I was hoping to get some out of the rain....... no chance of that lately!!!!!   s:flame: :flame: s:flame:  

MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

onion86

Lookin' good mate.
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

E

Looking Great mate and dont they sound sweet.

JudoKilli

Looks great! I'm hoping to get one for xmas! How does it sound new and does it take a while for the sound to settle?

Anonymous

Quote from: "JudoKilli"Looks great! I'm hoping to get one for xmas! How does it sound new and does it take a while for the sound to settle?

They sound great and it improves with time   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

nathanMR2

Quote from: "JudoKilli"Looks great! I'm hoping to get one for xmas! How does it sound new and does it take a while for the sound to settle?

Sounds very nice once its warmed up mate. I wouldnt want anything louder myself as this can rattle things inside the car when upto temp.

If your ever around my way feel free to let me know and i could always show you what its like before you buy

Dyn-Evo

Looks familiar...!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Mine's parked right outside the front door, so whenever the door is opened, I can see the back of the car.....  s8) 8) s8)  

IMHO, the quad is the best-looking Mk3 system.......sounds good, too.....!
Current: 2006 Toyota Corolla T-Sport COMPRESSOR 215hp, Silver, totally stock!
EX]V6[/color]  \":-)\"   )
Black Leather interior, "micro-lip" rear spoiler, Refurbed OEM 15" Pewter Metallics, Cobra Quad-Exit, HEL SS braided hoses, EBC pads, AEM DryFlow CAI.
Ex: "NightHawk" MR2 Mk1 4AG-ZE AE101 S/C conversion (170hp), water injection
Ex: MR2 Mk1b stock 4AGE

newboi

Quote from: "Dyn-Evo"IMHO, the quad is the best-looking Mk3 system.......sounds good, too.....!
Agreed!   s:D :D s:D  

Definately the one I'll be getting when I get my '2   s8) 8) s8)
[size=85]2000 Roadster
Amuse lightweight manifold, AEM Cold Air Induction, eBay exhaust, Tein S.Tech springs, Lenso RS5 alloys, Toyo T1Rs[/size]

Anonymous

hi,nathan,the cobra-qaud exhaust looks brill,any chance haveing a look this week if possible,i live in telford so not to far for me to go,(ekyforbirds) cheers,  s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:

bridgemr2

The ExhaustUK guys theat supply the Cobra exhausts are excellent to deal with - seem very professional and know their stuff.  I got them to send me one of the brackets that they use for the right-hand tip of the Cobra exhaust as I needed one for my TTE exhaust.  Phoned up one lunchtime and the bracket arrived in the very next post.  15 quid including postage which is much cheaper than the 30 quid+ that TTE wanted for their bracket sent from Germany.  Fits well and holds the right-hand tip at just the perfect angle.   s:D :D s:D

nathanMR2

Quote from: "davidgwilkinson"The ExhaustUK guys theat supply the Cobra exhausts are excellent to deal with - seem very professional and know their stuff.  I got them to send me one of the brackets that they use for the right-hand tip of the Cobra exhaust as I needed one for my TTE exhaust.  Phoned up one lunchtime and the bracket arrived in the very next post.  15 quid including postage which is much cheaper than the 30 quid+ that TTE wanted for their bracket sent from Germany.  Fits well and holds the right-hand tip at just the perfect angle.   s:D :D s:D

As a matter of interest where did you connect the extra bracket to?

Anonymous

Quote from: "nathanMR2"
Quote from: "davidgwilkinson"The ExhaustUK guys theat supply the Cobra exhausts are excellent to deal with - seem very professional and know their stuff.  I got them to send me one of the brackets that they use for the right-hand tip of the Cobra exhaust as I needed one for my TTE exhaust.  Phoned up one lunchtime and the bracket arrived in the very next post.  15 quid including postage which is much cheaper than the 30 quid+ that TTE wanted for their bracket sent from Germany.  Fits well and holds the right-hand tip at just the perfect angle.   s:D :D s:D

As a matter of interest where did you connect the extra bracket to?

s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

bridgemr2

Beat me to it Les - yep that's where it goes.  Simple to bolt on and a perfect fit.

nathanMR2

I thought so. My hanger looks like this... have the sent me the wrong one as i cant seem to fit it in

Looks like the hole is in the wrong place

Anonymous

Quote from: "nathanMR2"I thought so. My hanger looks like this... have the sent me the wrong one as i cant seem to fit it in

Looks like the hole is in the wrong place

There is no way that will butt up to the roll bar mount.

Try offering it up to the roughly where the hole meets the bolt and if the angle and length is ok just cut off the excess to fit, or drill another hole   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

nathanMR2

I thought so. Spoke to Cobra who said that they have sent me the wrong bracket. Their going to knock me up another one and post it today to save me having to mess about. Caused me a lot of head scratching!!!!!!!

tigracat

My mr2 is booked in for Saturday morning for the quad exhaust to be fitted, they did not have any in stock but said they will make one for my car,,, cooool,, really nice people at exhaust uk, sheffield so will post pics when fitted, the guy I spoke to was surprised that they had not had more business from this club, considering the club deals that they run,,any thoughts on the matter.....

Mike
02 mr2 in silver with ht, mags, quad exhaust, pioneer cd, dvd double din player, debadged and de pre catted, custom arm rest, Style bar, dev keyhole covers, K&N cone air filter.
Suzuki Bandit 1200 totally mirror polished show bike.
09 Mini cooper s.
2011 Mazda Miyako 2l

nathanMR2

Not sure. Seems like they were doing a good deal. Guess theres plenty of other exhausts out there to choose from

E

Its a niche market, there really aren't that many Roadsters on the road and the vast majority are unmodified, of the modified ones most have the exhaust changed first so already have a custom exhaust of one sort or another installed, Ive had mine for a couple of years now and love it to bits.  s8) 8) s8)

OlberJ

That looks great. If i was going for a standard system this is the boy, thought it sounded great on Greg and Will's car.
Black 1MZ V6 - TTE Springs - 17" wheels - F355 exhaust - LSD and ST182 FD - aka Black Bob Jnr

http://www.olbermotive.com

loadswine

Its one of my favourite systems for the Roadster, sounds bang on and from what I've read, the owners are happy with them too.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

WillsSayers

Quote from: "OlberJ"That looks great. If i was going for a standard system this is the boy, thought it sounded great on Greg and Will's car.

I've got the H&S mate.

Don't have any vids on YouTube but they're on my FaceBook:
Outside:
 m http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=257897655052 m

Drive By:
 m http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=257934370052 m

Not entire sure if those vids will work!

]Appearance:[/b] :: Pre-facelift Toyota Bodykit :: Ducktail Spoiler :: TTE Style Bar :: Custard Gas Struts ::
Chassis: :: Front and Rear Strut Brace :: C-One Front and Rear Anti-roll Bar ::

JudoKilli

Nope, FB is telling the videos have been removed   s:( :( s:(

WillsSayers

Hmm, might be because my friends FaceBook account isn't set to Public. But then again, he did upload one of the vids to YouTube!

m http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOjAueX-h8E m

]Appearance:[/b] :: Pre-facelift Toyota Bodykit :: Ducktail Spoiler :: TTE Style Bar :: Custard Gas Struts ::
Chassis: :: Front and Rear Strut Brace :: C-One Front and Rear Anti-roll Bar ::

OlberJ

Quote from: "WillsSayers"
Quote from: "OlberJ"That looks great. If i was going for a standard system this is the boy, thought it sounded great on Greg and Will's car.

I've got the H&S mate.

So you do, it was Mike who went for the Cobra.

Doh!
Black 1MZ V6 - TTE Springs - 17" wheels - F355 exhaust - LSD and ST182 FD - aka Black Bob Jnr

http://www.olbermotive.com

Tags: