Cobra Quad Exhaust *Fitted*

Started by nathanMR2, November 22, 2009, 22:08

t-bone

That really looks fantastic! Not familiar with this exhaust but it looks great.
2004 Red MT. JDM badging, Door Inserts, Dev\'s Keyhole covers, Goof-off visor airbag sticker removal, TRD quick-shift, Speed Source shift bushing, Speed Source shift knob (190g red), Corky\'s breast plate, Che FSTB. Thus far.

Anonymous

Hey T, you jumping ship?  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

t-bone

Quote from: "nelix"Hey T, you jumping ship?  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Yes I think I am   s:D :D s:D  

I cannot tolerate that other place very much these days. It's a bit weird but I figured I would check this place out for awhile
2004 Red MT. JDM badging, Door Inserts, Dev\'s Keyhole covers, Goof-off visor airbag sticker removal, TRD quick-shift, Speed Source shift bushing, Speed Source shift knob (190g red), Corky\'s breast plate, Che FSTB. Thus far.

Anonymous

Quote from: "t-bone"
Quote from: "nelix"Hey T, you jumping ship?  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Yes I think I am   s:D :D s:D  

I cannot tolerate that other place very much these days. It's a bit weird but I figured I would check this place out for awhile

Ok noob, search!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Good to see you.

t-bone

Quote from: "nelix"Ok noob, search!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Good to see you.

Thanks its good to have friends here
  s:D :D s:D

gavw71

Quote from: "WillsSayers"Hmm, might be because my friends FaceBook account isn't set to Public. But then again, he did upload one of the vids to YouTube!

m http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOjAueX-h8E m

That sounds absolutely awesome.
17" Team Dynamics Pro-Race 1.2\'s, TTE lowering springs, front & rear strut top braces, Markiii inlet pipe, K&N panel filter, CHE header, Magnex dual exit exhaust, Dastek Unichip, re-map by Noble Motorsport.

tigracat

Got home late on Saturday from Sheffield with these pipes stuck to the back of my car,,, many, many thanks to the guys at exhaust uk in Sheffield, a brilliant team of blokes, thanks again,,,,,,,
02 mr2 in silver with ht, mags, quad exhaust, pioneer cd, dvd double din player, debadged and de pre catted, custom arm rest, Style bar, dev keyhole covers, K&N cone air filter.
Suzuki Bandit 1200 totally mirror polished show bike.
09 Mini cooper s.
2011 Mazda Miyako 2l

nathanMR2

Im not so sure mate i think u should whip it off b4 everyone get them    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

No, looking good mate, good choice
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

Madlil

I really want one of these. Going to have to save up, or write a letter to the Euromillions winner   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Tigracat, what do you think of the sound difference, especially on the motorway? It looks like you have kept your "nappy" on post fit - is this the case?
2002 MR2 Roadster, Lagoon Blue, anthracite alloys, yellow brake calipers, TTE lowering, TTE Exhaust, Apexi induction kit, ducktail spoiler, keyhole covers, colour coded side indicators. Oh, and I have called him "Alan"

tigracat

nappy still on and no problems with it at all, the guys at Exhaust uk spent a lot of time with me trying to decide how loud, how throaty and just general tone of the exhaust, with the hardtop on I can hear it but it does not irritate on a long trip, roads or motorway, with the roof off it sounds awesome and I find myself double clutching just to hear the exhaust, it's still quiet enough to get me off my estate at 6 am without disturbing the dole dossers,,,  s:crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: s:crazyeyes:  

Mike
02 mr2 in silver with ht, mags, quad exhaust, pioneer cd, dvd double din player, debadged and de pre catted, custom arm rest, Style bar, dev keyhole covers, K&N cone air filter.
09 Mini cooper s.
2011 Mazda Miyako 2l

Anonymous

Try driving round multi-story car parks to see how many alarms you can set off   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

tigracat

I don't need the car to do that, I have a stubby exhaust on the bandit that makes your ears bleed,,  s:scared: :scared: s:scared:  

Mike
09 Mini cooper s.
2011 Mazda Miyako 2l

nathanMR2

I never knew you could pick your tips   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  

Then again it would have taken me another 6 months to decide which ones to have!

Did you have baffled or none baffled?

Do you think they would be happy to chop my old ones off if i get bored and swap tips?

tigracat

The choice of tips is really amazing, shapes, sizes, every conceivable variation and no shortage of opinions, we did spend some time placing different tips in place to see how they looked, nothing was to much trouble for the guys at exhaust uk and I am sure they would change your tips if you decide you want new ones.

Mike
09 Mini cooper s.
2011 Mazda Miyako 2l

currymonster

Not the best pictures, but this is mine with the rolled tip slash cut pipes fitted to suit the MS design kit. Cost a little bit more than the standard set up as they have to cut off the standard tips and weld these on.

Madlil

I'm thinking about taking plunge and getting the cobrasport quad. One question though - I have an Apexi induction kit and I love the sound after 3000 revs. How will the Cobra exhaust impact the noise of the induction kit?

Does anyone out there have this combo?
2002 MR2 Roadster, Lagoon Blue, anthracite alloys, yellow brake calipers, TTE lowering, TTE Exhaust, Apexi induction kit, ducktail spoiler, keyhole covers, colour coded side indicators. Oh, and I have called him "Alan"

nathanMR2

Its loud but not as loud as some others. It tends to ease off at around 3500-4000 revs. Anything below that you get a good build up of grunt   s:D :D s:D

Madlil

Thanks Nathan.

Sounds perfect - the standard exhaust lacks character, and I think the engine sounds gruff below 3000 revs until the Apexi starts to make itself heard.

I'm gonna call Exhausts uk tomorrow and try to haggle!

nathanMR2

The standard exhaust was like a wet fart   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

It was built as a sports car so why didnt they give it some kind of half decent exhaust!?!

If you fitting yourself get 2 new bolts which are on springs that run through the cat into the exhaust. Mine were really really rusty and couldnt be used again.

Mention your from here and they should give you some kind of discount.

Madlil

I'm only 40 miles from Sheffield so will probably get them to fit it - will they sort all the brackets/hangers?

Thanks

nathanMR2

Yeah they will do. Im not sure if they will replace those bolts i mentioned. I didnt have the replacements and didnt have time to get new ones. So i reused them and I think they ripped the threads to bits. I know getting the thing off again will be a PITA. Im hopin it wont need to come off though   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:   You can ask them if they can replace them, if not get some from toyota before you go and ask them to use them.

PeteT

Just contacted ExhaustsUK today, they quoted £450 fitted. What kind of discount will they offer when mentioning this club?

Can they adjust the noise from the exhaust? I don't wan't it to be annoying on motorway journeys.

Is there anyone around Bradford with the quad exhausts they wouldn't mind demostrating them to me please?

Pete
Pete

stargazer30

Quote from: "PeteT"Just contacted ExhaustsUK today, they quoted £450 fitted. What kind of discount will they offer when mentioning this club?

Can they adjust the noise from the exhaust? I don't wan't it to be annoying on motorway journeys.

Is there anyone around Bradford with the quad exhausts they wouldn't mind demostrating them to me please?

Pete

Ask them to fit the large silencer, the normal system has quite a loud drone at motorway rpms.  Mine was driving me nuts until I had the turbo fitted, the worlds most expensive silencer lol.  Its a good system mind, well built.
2003 Silver MR2 - Very Very Standard + Leccy Renault Zoe aka the battery mobile.
Ex Blue 04 MR2 - TTE Turbo\'d ~185bhp/200lbs/ft, Sports Clutch, Breast Plate, Lowered & half decent audio
Ex Silver 05 MR2 -  SP turbo conversion 227bhp, 205lbs/ft, with  cobra dual exit exhaust.

currymonster

I am based in Brighouse so close enough to bradford and have the quad design with the quads cut off an singles replaced (see above images). Definately not to loud for motorway driving.

MonkeyMickey

Hi Guys,

Maybe a bit off topic but........ Does the tte twin exhaust work with the MS deign kit or will it not fit?

cheers,

Mickey

Tags: