Pre-facelift questions

Started by vatovey, January 5, 2010, 11:56

vatovey

Morning,

I have a 2000 (W reg) pre-facelift MR2 roadster, while travelling to work this morning I seen a post-facelift MR2, I happened to notice that the air-intake grills on the side were colour coded, and on the front it had foglights, whats the general opinion about colour coding (using spray paint) the grills on pre-facelift model, and retrofitting foglights ?

Thanks, Vaughn.

StuM

Hi,

The front bumper moulding is different, to include recesses for the foglights - I'm not sure that surface mounted ones on a pre-facelift bumper would look good.

The side vents - I have seen them sprayed... I think Simon's green one has that.  If I was going to spray, I'd fill in the dimples and smooth them out first.  Or... you can retro-fit post-2003 vents to your pre-facelift car.
Stu M

Ex 2001 Lagoon Blue Mr2 Roadster
Now - 1985 VW T25 Panel Van \":-)\"

uktotty

You can buy post facelift vents and fit them, they were available in 8m6
Someone has fitted fogs to a pre-facelift car and it looked fine

roger

Toyota (or was it TRD for their bumper) used to do retro fit foglights that involved drilling the bumper. I'm sure its been discussed before.

http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=17124&hilit=retro+fog ..TTE not TRD
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

markiii

Ste has them, but I beleive they are discontinued

easiest solution is buy a facelift bumper
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Tags: