ENGINE START BUTTON FITTING

Started by Anonymous, February 9, 2010, 03:40

Anonymous

hI GUYS

I HAVE FITED MYSELF AN ENGINE START BUTTON IN MY MR2R. SO MIGHT SHARE THIS INSTALLIION WITH IT.
JUST WONDER HAS IT BE SHOW BEFORE. IF NOT I WILL POST THE PICTURES AND STEPS IN HERE AS WELL.

Wabbitkilla

not seen anyone post one up before so you're welcome to share that info.

Oh, and please don't shout (CAPS LOCK) it's rude, especially at this time of the morning   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

nathanMR2

Just about to do this, so post away. It would be great help. Also show where you ended up putting it   s:D :D s:D
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

ad_car_08

any news on that "engine start button fitting" write-up chowhim? I'd be really interested to see how and where you did it! It's something I've toyed with doing, but couldn't decide whether it was possible to pull this off without making it look like a tacky and needless "stick-on mod", like the barryboys do!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
[size=85]2004 Sable MR2 Roadster - Track toy
Honda Civic EX 1.0T - Company Car
[/size]

mrzwei

In my old Mk1 Sprite you had to put the key in the ignition, turn it to position 1, then press the start button on the central console. The big advance came when you just had to turn the key to start the car   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   (sorry).
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

Gif

+1

I never understand this either.  Have a BMW and I have to put the key in a hole then press a button.  Where's the gain in that?
Audi TT 200 Tfsi Roadster, Ibis White, Steptronic, Bose, Nav, Climate, Telcon, Nappa Leather
Ex BMW Z4 sDrive30i Auto, Titan Silver
Ex MR2 Roadster, Sahara Sun, Black Leather, Air Con, TTE exhaust

muffdan

Why do I have Space Invaders on my iPhone?   s:D :D s:D  

Sometimes you just want Retro.
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

brianorme1986

ive just brought a start button kit, would love to see some pics and a how to guys!

Anonymous

Was three years ago, I reckon you might be waiting a bit longer   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

kostonhumar

was this ever done?
I like it sideways!!

Mr2-s 1999 stock (For now!!!)  :?
Pug 106 ralle   8)

vx220

Quote from: "Gif"I never understand this either.  Have a BMW and I have to put the key in a hole then press a button.  Where's the gain in that?

Because fighter pilot

shnazzle

Quote from: "vx220"
Quote from: "Gif"I never understand this either.  Have a BMW and I have to put the key in a hole then press a button.  Where's the gain in that?

Because fighter pilot

+1
...neutiquam erro.

StuC

Holy thread re-revival!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

Jay67

Jason

1999 Lagoon blue MR-S, lots of stuff

CrazySX

I did it on a nova GTE many years ago, but it was because someone had mullered the ignition barrel and the car had an fob type immobiliser fitted anyway. Having keys and a button is just a but extra!

Here is a video tutorial  s;) ;) s;)
 m https://youtu.be/5FBQwxm0uYo m

kostonhumar

my 1st revival!!!
I like it sideways!!

Pug 106 ralle   8)

kostonhumar

just bought a button...with wiring =)
I like it sideways!!

Pug 106 ralle   8)

Fin

had one of these in the shed since God was a boy in short trousers   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  
Pictures/which wires to cut greatly appreciated   s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:   maybe then, I'll get around to actually fitting it!! Oh, and

Quote from: "vx220"

Because fighter pilot

Oh Yeah!!  s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:
The Sun is out, the sky is blue,
The roof is down on my MR2,
And I\'m grinning, grinning ear to ear!

shnazzle

How does the ignition work?
You disengage the immobiliser with the button, then is the ignition basically just a switch?
So basically once you've clicked the button to open car, does that mean you could just turn the ignition into a button and replace it entirely?
...neutiquam erro.

Fin

Don't forget the steering lock, it's a mechanical part of the cylinder...
The Sun is out, the sky is blue,
The roof is down on my MR2,
And I\'m grinning, grinning ear to ear!

Alex Knight

Quote from: "shnazzle"How does the ignition work?
You disengage the immobiliser with the button, then is the ignition basically just a switch?
So basically once you've clicked the button to open car, does that mean you could just turn the ignition into a button and replace it entirely?

Actually, the immobiliser disengages when the key is inserted into the barrel.
There is no way around this.

shnazzle

Aha. I feared this was the case.
Ok, so it is indeed utterly utterly pointless and merely because fighter pilot
...neutiquam erro.

mrzwei

My old Mk1 Sprite had a start button on the floor by the seat. Still had to use a key to turn the ignition on though.
Why move back in time?  (Our camper still has a choke)
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

Tags: