Funky Power MR2 - Build Thread!

Started by Anonymous, February 26, 2010, 10:24

JudoKilli

I WANT IT!

Anonymous

just fitted a set of Tein lowering springs, which lower it a really decent amount!

Also bought the wheels - to be revealed in a few days once the tyres are on!

The car will be for sale once it's completed. It already has the mounting points for the hardtop - so if I can find one cheap then that will be done to finish the project!

thanks,

Faz.

StuM

Stu M

Ex 2001 Lagoon Blue Mr2 Roadster
Now - 1985 VW T25 Panel Van \":-)\"

Anonymous

wow, so it is!

I wanted the Top Secret front bumper for ours too, but couldn't be arsed with the wait!

Notice we painted the rear bumper slightly differently with the white/black combo!

White is the new black!

Faz.

VVT-i

Quote from: "funky_faz"White is the new black!

Faz.

Aye.. when hell freezes over matey boy!... Black is Black and always will be  s;) ;) s;)
2005 MR2 Roadster  (Black)
P.E. Turbo and other stuff that gives 234BHP  \";)\"

Quote from: \"Wabbitkilla\"Mine is a bit stiff when cold, but once it\'s warmed up it slips in nicely.

DannyN

Mark did have a lip spoiler for the front of your kit, dont know if he still has it or not but you could try PMing him
Quote from: \"DannyN\"There are 10 types of people in the world,
Those who understand Binary and those that don\'t...

[size=75]Black 51 165 BHP - Hardtop ON - Teins - Apexi Power FC - AEM Induction (Cleaned) - Crower Cams - Forged Pistons - Iridium Plugs - Zero Manifold - SP Downpipe - H&S - TRD SS - Corkys MSMB - Goodridge - \'03 Vents - Devs - Bamas - Crystal Indies - Mongos.
[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "VVT-i"
Quote from: "funky_faz"White is the new black!

Faz.

Aye.. when hell freezes over matey boy!... Black is Black and always will be  s;) ;) s;)
You would think a paintshop would know better   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   Oh yes - do the cuffs match  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Hey guys,

thought I would post up some more progress.

masked up the back bumper to do some parts black using fineline masking foam

the finished article:

Also sprayed all the mesh satin black:

Fitted a set of Tein lowering springs to drop the car down:

Next, we custom-made a stainless exhaust, modelled upon the Blitz one...

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Still a little on the quiet side - may remove the smaller silencer box!

Cheers,

Faz.

uktotty

Love the way he says
we made a custom exhaust like the Blitz

Its like we can all do that  s;) ;) s;)    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Quote from: "uktotty"Love the way he says

I was as sceptical as you UKTotty!
But blow me, when I came home tonight my 3 year old twins had run one up for me out of some yogurt pots and some drinking straws  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

Sprayed it silver and just need to pop it on the car over the weekend!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

aaronjb

Quote from: "uktotty"Love the way he says

Threads like this (and the Hayabusa powered race car one) make me seriously jealous of some peoples fabrication and bodywork skills!  I'm about as handy with a welder as a one armed orangoutang.
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

VVT-i

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   well.. your better than me.

Quote from: \"Wabbitkilla\"Mine is a bit stiff when cold, but once it\'s warmed up it slips in nicely.

custardavenger

I'f only I had the facilities.   s:( :( s:(
[size=150]Custard\'s Bonnet/Engine Cover Struts[/size] Clicky Round 2
Custard\'s Bracing Clicky Coming soon
Project Custard Clicky

ex-member

heyyyy thats like....my car almost! haha!

As above - sadly I dont have the lip for the JDL front anymore - someone snapped it up when i sold the bumper I'm afraid!

Nice looking build though!  s:) :) s:)

Mici

Mmm... That will look good when done!  s;) ;) s;)  I still haven't seen a bodykit that suits my personal preferences better than properly fitted JDL kit. I need a spoiler like that too, something not too flashy.

Mici

Anonymous

Hi guys,

sorry for the delay in updating this thread - been mentally busy lately!

Some pics of the completed Funky Power MR2  s:) :) s:)

Comments welcome!

Car will be for sale after a few months, once we have used it for a bit of promo  s:) :) s:)

Cheers,

Faz.

muffdan

looking very nice!
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

Anonymous

AmeR

Don't suppose you have a price in mind already??? lol!!

Anonymous

yeah, i'm looking for £8k for her, taking into account the Cat D status.

Car will be sold with full service, 6 months tax and a fresh MOT.

We've spent a lot of money on the car and she's been treated to only the best in parts and repairs. It also already has the fittings in place for a hardtop.

Any interested parties, feel free to email me -  e mailto:faz@planetperformance.co.uk">faz@planetperformance.co.uk e

many thanks,

Faz.

davidarden

Looks very nice indeed!

What alloys are those?
2003 | Silver | TTE Springs | Twin H&S | No Precats | Toyo T1-R\'s | Red Calipers | De-badged | Pioneer DEH-50UB

Anonymous

The number plate even stands for Funky Power Thread!

VVT-i

Saw this car today on the Funky Power stand at Knockhill, looking good but Black is still Black  s;) ;) s;)

JudoKilli

Looks amazing, but I think the the front lip in this pic would finish the front off nicely, especially in gloss black.

Anonymous

Hi guys,

that front lip/diffuser looks nuts - where can I get one of those, is it a JDL product?

Still looking for a couple of things to finish the project - I would like to get my hands on a hardtop as the car already has the fixing kit for it in place.

fank you an good night!

Tags: