Focals ordered - what now

Started by Anonymous, March 5, 2004, 13:06

Anonymous

Right, I'm putting together the bits required for my install.

I've just ordered some Focal 165A's (129.99 from mobiletoys if anyone's interested) and have some spacers on order from Buster.

Have to decide on a headunit now, soooo, does anyone have any recomendations, kinda like the look of the new JVC ones. I had a pioneer with the OEL dispaly in my old car, and it was good but want to move away from them and try something new.

Any new Sony's on the horizon I should wait for?

Also, should i get an amp to drive the focals or tailor the head unit so it can drivce them (internal amp). Sorry for all the questions   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

markiii

what do you ultimately want as source material?

how bothered by securty are you?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Source = CD

I do want a removable fascia.

markiii

pretty much anything these days has a removable face.

Kenwood MASK, and teh new JVC Chameleon are in my books teh best stealth looking ones. leave it in place.

Are MP3 a requirement?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Not really fussed about MP3, just want something that will sound good a look tidy.

markiii

ultimate sound quality look at Nakmichi

with a slightly more realistic price tag,

Alpine,
Pioneer
Kenwood

preferably Apline of teh 3

beware certain models have no inbuilt Amps.

when you narrow it down to a particular model or 2 we can comment specifically.

Anonymous

Focal 165A at Halfords £103-95 they are a discontinued line and have to be ordered unless the branch have them in stock.

heathstimpson

Quote from: "David Watson"Focal 165A at Halfords £103-95 they are a discontinued line and have to be ordered unless the branch have them in stock.
This looks to be the best price that I can find; do you know anywhere cheaper Buster  s:?: :?: s:?:  I'm looking at HU's at the moment so would also like to pose the question of which MP3 CD head would be worth considering now that I'm getting one of the GB subs  s:?: :?: s:?:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

markiii

do it properly and get an mstation  :-) :-) :-)

heathstimpson

Quote from: "markiii"do it properly and get an mstation  :-) :-) :-)
mstation  s:?: :?: s:?:    s:?: :?: s:?:    s:?: :?: s:?:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

i get all my focal stuff from  w www.modiletoys.co.uk w

and the mstation is a MP3 player with a hardrive to store songs

markiii

Quote from: "heathstimpson"
Quote from: "markiii"do it properly and get an mstation  :-) :-) :-)
mstation  s:?: :?: s:?:    s:?: :?: s:?:    s:?: :?: s:?:

uk name for

w www.ssiamerica.com w

Tags: