Stock wheels - refinished Anthracite

Started by Slacey, March 6, 2004, 18:23

Anonymous

Ok its me...
I got the details, i should be having it done in the next week or so.
The place i'm getting them done send them out to be stripped and they reckon start to finish takes about 3-4 days. The only prob at the mo seems to be how to treat them once polished, as soon as any salt or soap touches a bare polished rim, the finish turns to s**t.

Alot of places might be able to do this, they are just a metal finishers. If you just want the face of the rim polishing will be cheaper. £35 if for the whole wheel (back and between spokes)

Will post all info when have it....or i might keep formula to myself!  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

markiii

mental note must arrange a meet when Victor is around.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Well we will be in the Uk on 24/25th July at least.

Slacey

s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  In Telford, too - I'll be at JAE all weekend though  s:( :( s:(  

And as for the wheels Victor, you may want to make an extra long shopping trip... KN take a week to strip / repair / refinish a set!
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

I'm a bit late here, but those are the nicest looking stock rims I've seen, ever!

I must get a closer look at JAE   s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Quote from: "Slacey":roll: In Telford, too - I'll be at JAE all weekend though  s:( :( s:(  

And as for the wheels Victor, you may want to make an extra long shopping trip... KN take a week to strip / repair / refinish a set!

Oh well, I will have to skip that then. Have to go to Telford as my nephew is getting wed. My bother lives in Ketley park and its his son.

Comer

Just digging up an old post.....

Sean do you know if KN Wheels could powdercoat the Chromdesign grills?

Mine seem a bit too shiny for my liking.

Then I've got to figure out how to get them there!!!
Michael

Ex:    Black 2002 MR2 Roadster
Now:  Black 2002 Rav4 Cruiser

Anonymous

Its a bit after the fact, but i've only just seen the pictures of this car - it is offically the dogs.  

Those wheels look super.  As does the exhaust and side vents and calipers.  Not sure about the clear side repeaters myself, oh go on then, they're the dogs also.

Slacey

Quote from: "Comer"Sean do you know if KN Wheels could powdercoat the Chromdesign grills?
I can certainly ask Michael....

Quote from: "odub"Its a bit after the fact, but i've only just seen the pictures of this car - it is offically the dogs.
Thanks  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:   - come to JAE and see it for yourself!

Comer

Quote from: "Slacey"
Quote from: "Comer"Sean do you know if KN Wheels could powdercoat the Chromdesign grills?
I can certainly ask Michael....?

Thanks Sean. Now what colour shall I ............
Michael

Ex:    Black 2002 MR2 Roadster
Now:  Black 2002 Rav4 Cruiser

Anonymous

Quote from: "Slacey"Thanks  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:   - come to JAE and see it for yourself!

I'm coming, unfortunately in my 1.2 Corsa as the 2 is still having its bits straightened out.  I'll park it far away so nobody sees me!

Anonymous

Sorry to dig up such an old thread but those wheels look fantastic!  Just wondering how well the finish has lasted?

Cheers

David

Slacey

Quote from: "Silverfox"Sorry to dig up such an old thread but those wheels look fantastic!  Just wondering how well the finish has lasted?

Cheers

David
Excellently - there are a couple of dings in them from the odd stone (and dropped petrol pump  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  ) but no blistering or loss of finish. Way better than Toyota's effort!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Slacey"Excellently - there are a couple of dings in them from the odd stone (and dropped petrol pump  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  ) but no blistering or loss of finish. Way better than Toyota's effort!

Know how you feel, I dropped a petrol pump on my 300zx yesterday   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:   Well, actally I managed to pull it off its hook by shutting my door!

So was that a powder coat finish on yours?   Just so I know what to ask for!

Cheers

David

Slacey

The colour is paint (Anthracite) then they are powder laquered.

Anonymous

Damn I like these wheels!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Emmanuel"Damn I like these wheels!

Yeah, I like them too.  The girlfriend likes the stock look though so I think I'll be getting them done with a silvery finish.

Mind, we have two sets of wheels now maybe get both sets refurbed and have a choice!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

David

heathstimpson

Quote from: "Silverfox"
Quote from: "Emmanuel"Damn I like these wheels!

Yeah, I like them too.  The girlfriend likes the stock look though so I think I'll be getting them done with a silvery finish.

Mind, we have two sets of wheels now maybe get both sets refurbed and have a choice!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

David
I've seen their sparkly silver finish and think its looks really good  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Tags: