So what other Sat Nav options do we have?

Started by Anonymous, March 8, 2004, 19:36

Anonymous

A good system for about £1500?  Or should I just look at the Toyota system?

Slacey

Could always go for a portable system like mine and a few others, ie a PDA with jacket / plug in.... looking at £400+ for a decent system.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

MRMike

Another option is a single din Nav unit.  I have the Pioneer ANH-P9R-BK Sat Nav single din.

m http://www.spydermagazine.com/files/facia.jpg m

m http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/product_det ... _id=25-112 m

I couldn't justify spending 2k on a screen and Sat Nav, so this is what i went for..it's absolutely amazing.  The HU is very good, similar to any top of the line Pioneer.  The Sat Nav working are supplied by Becker who make the systems for Porsche. It is DAB compatible and has TMC built in.  The great thing is you don't have to pay a monthly subscription for the TMC either.  

The indications are excellent, and the voice direction is also as per any Audi/BMW.  Actualy it's slightly better as it tells you which road your entering after leaving a junction, and tells you exactly when to turn.  As opposed to BMW systems that say "turn in 200 yards" then get no further instruction, despite the fact there could be two roads very close together.

The information the CD has is massive also, the points of interest are really comprehensive, including petrol stations, Toyota service centres..It's an excellent unit couldn't rate it highly enough..

Alpine do a similair one, but this unit doesn't have the facility to play CD's whilst navigating which I personally couldn't have lived with.
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

Anonymous

That one looks perfect, how much did you pay after fitting?

Anonymous

and the one that Mike metions has a video out so if you like in the futhure you could link it up to a screen   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

MRMike

I paid about £700 for it..there are a lot of companies which sell them cheaper..i've seen £539. Two things to watch out for, is that a lot of these are refuribished or grey stock, which may not matter, but secondly and more importantly the cheaper ones tend not to come with the CD disk..if you're buying one make a point of asking if the disk comes with it as this is £350 to buy later on..

Incidentally the GPS antennae sits on the top of the dash, almost out of sight in the corner.  Not once has it lost where it is either..

Also you may want to ask your insurance about the unit, as my policy had a GPS cover built in up to £700 so you may get away with it like i did!

And Buster...great minds...  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

EDIT: Forgot to mention you can also get a silver one..I personally went with the black as i thought it fitted in better with the black facia..

m http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/product_det ... _id=25-112 m
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
NOW M3 V8

Anonymous

wow £700 fitted?  Or did you fit it yourself?

MRMike

No I had it fitted by CEL in leicester who are very good.  I can't remember how much I paid individually as I had an amp and components fitted at the same time.  I think they may offer a free fitting service for headunits over £250 though..

Here is the website  m http://www.cel-direct.com/ m  

And this is the email if your local..it's a guy called Paul he's a top bloke...

e mailto:paul@cel-direct.com">paul@cel-direct.com e

Cheers,

Mike

Then.. Blue 350Z
NOW M3 V8

Anonymous

er thats kinda spooky as I know the place.

Perfect, thanks  s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

Is there any way of replacing the faffy 03 headunit without losing the Toyota sat nav which is already installed  s:?: :?: s:?:

Anonymous

yeah i makes no difference just need to get a H/U with an AUX in so that the sound can come through the speakers

markiii

screen?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

isn't the sat nav use the NAVPOD !!!! therefore the h/u dosent need to be a screen!

Ah unless it's one of those all in one thingys then you have to buy a seperate screen and maybe splice the loom for another h/u whoch would have to be in teh glovebox, to be honest not to sure   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

Tags: