In-Dash DIN1 Amplifier

Started by crankshaft, March 11, 2004, 12:40

crankshaft

Hi;

I just bought an alpine CDA-7998R head unit which does not have a built in Amp. Of course I could scrap my only storeage space and stick in a 2kw amplifier   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  , but I don't want to give up any valuable space.

Does anyone (Buster ??) know of an in-dash DIN1 Amplifier that I could slot into the space vacated by half of the standard system and avoid loads of cables etc etc etc.

I know that it generates heat, but so do built-in amps and if they are built in then they have to compete for space in the head unit with all of the other electronics & mechanisms ???

Thanx

Crankshaft
2001 SMT - Pete

Tem

I was recently looking at this for another car:
 m http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?stk ... &catid=323 m

It's only half din, so you still have room for something more  s;) ;) s;)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

crankshaft

Hi Tem;

Thanx for that, but my head unit has an equalizer built in, i'm really just looking for an amplifier.

Bearing in mind everything's up front, Head Unit, Speakers, it would be great to install an amp close by and keep the Pre-Amp inputs short.

If there's no slot-in-DIN amp, then maybe a compact or slimline amp that can be fitted behind the console would be just as gud !

Cheers

Crankshaft
2001 SMT - Pete

GSB

If you dont want to go along the route of an underdash sub then theres plenty of room above your throttle pedal for a mid sized amplifier.

[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

crankshaft

Hmmm, that loox possible, are there any convinient chassis bolts in that area that could support some aluminium straps to support an amp ??

What size (LxWxH) do you reckon could be hidden in there ??

crankshaft.
2001 SMT - Pete

GSB

Quote from: "crankshaft"Hmmm, that loox possible, are there any convinient chassis bolts in that area that could support some aluminium straps to support an amp ??

What size (LxWxH) do you reckon could be hidden in there ?

Theres quite a few bolts and hard points that could be used to hang an amp under there, I dont think you'd have a problem there. As for size, I'd have to measure it, but I dont think it would have been too much grief to hide my Kenwood up there, which was (I think) 280x200x50mm. The key to access is to remove the lower portion of the dash (2 screws) and take out the drivers seat. Its a bit easier to work on then...
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

crankshaft

That's about A4 size, 2" Thick - That should be plenty - are you looking at putting your Kenwood there ???
2001 SMT - Pete

GSB

Quote from: "crankshaft"That's about A4 size, 2" Thick - That should be plenty - are you looking at putting your Kenwood there ???

Measure up before you pay out your hard earned, but it should be do-able...

In my car this particular space has been reserved for my new UnderDash subwoofer, My amp has been sunk through the floor of my rear luggage locker:

m http://www.mr2roc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=35020#35020 m

Anonymous

have to be carefull there tho you can't mount an amp upside down it will kill the MOSFET controller!

Also you may get away with a in-line driver ! but this will mean that you could use somthing like that EQ which term talked about as if you boost the signal to 4.5V out then the eq will have less of a job getting 50w rms out of it

crankshaft

Thanx all;

I am looking at getting the Alpine MRV-T320 Amp, different reviews quote different dimensions but it looks to be around 11 x 9 x 2 which would be OK, and it's matched with the alpine head unit which is an advantage.

Also there seems to be some conflicting data on the RMS Power SPEC, some sites quote it a 50W @ 4 ohms, others at 80W @ 4 ohms !

I haven't seen too many reviews on this amp, anyone know anything or have any experience with it ???

Any feedback appreciated !

m http://www.epinions.com/pr-Alpine_MRV-T ... full_specs m

Cheers

Crankshaft
2001 SMT - Pete

Anonymous

Nice bit of Kit that ampline amp, used them many time's as it's the F1 series of whoich they do a headunit alone costing £3000 and then if you want the processor of which it cant work without it you can double that ammount, we are talking about a serious bit of kit!

But anyway the F1 series amp's run quite hot when loaded up which is the anly problem i found but it's not hot engoth to cause loads of problems just have to be carfullw here you mount it

crankshaft

Hmm, just saw the Genesis Profile 2, amazingly light and relatively small.

It has a built in variable speed fan which changes speed and switches on and off only when required to minimize noise. A bit more expensive than the Alpine amp !

Buster, or anyone else, any experience with the genesis profiles ??

m http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product ... 6197be292a m
2001 SMT - Pete

markiii

never owned one, but heard very good things about them

It's likely what I'll be getting when I install the sub.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Gensis = very good manufactuer, and tidy bits of kit

there not all singing and daceing but they get the job done well

Tags: