Headunit Spacers

Started by Anonymous, March 12, 2004, 10:26

Anonymous

I know you can get these from MrT but with the impending install of my headunit i wanna know if i can get these from an ICE shop or Halfarts as my local MrT doesn't have any in stock.

Cheers

James.

Anonymous

you can get all the bits you want from a good ICE supplier,  and halfords if its a decent size store with good stock levels

Anonymous

I hoped that'd be the case cheers mate.

markiii

let su know if you find them as I've never come across these outside of a main dealer before. woudl be useful to know where else they can be had.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Will do mate.

Anonymous

Just called local dealers and NONE of them have stock   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

Any1 know of a dealer where some can be bought and posted from?

markiii

most dealers don't carry anything in stock, usually 3 day order.

If you want miracles might be worth trying Jemca, you may get lucky.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

I was thinking about it, ICE shops must hold some of these as they'd be stuffed if an MR2 came in and wanted a headunit to be fitted.

Will call Jemca in a bit.....Jemca Metro is the one right?

MRMike

The guys who did my stereo used a kit which has various different tray sizes, and spacers etc..can't remember the make i'll have to ask..but it wasn't autoleads. I thought it looked really good though..plastic was a good match

m http://www.SpyderMagazine.com/files/facia.jpg m  

Mr T does took three days to order my parts...also worth noting on some of the new units that don't have brackets in them the Mr T parts won't fit.  I got stung as my Pioneer didn't have the brackets.
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

Anonymous

Is that the RAV4 Adaptor....if so most ICE shops will have that and even "Halfarts" should stock it....excellent, i'd 4gotten about that.

Cheers mike, made my day for the SECOND TIME   s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D

markiii

Quote from: "bigun007"I was thinking about it, ICE shops must hold some of these as they'd be stuffed if an MR2 came in and wanted a headunit to be fitted.

Will call Jemca in a bit.....Jemca Metro is the one right?

yep.

Anonymous

Quote from: "bigun007"Is that the RAV4 Adaptor....if so most ICE shops will have that and even "Halfarts" should stock it....excellent, i'd 4gotten about that.

s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D

Thats what I said in the first place  s;-) ;-) s;-)  (got everything I needed from an ICE dealer)

Anonymous

I went to FOUR stereo shops and NONE of them had the RAV4 adaptor   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

Went the universal route and will get the spacers next week

Anonymous

sorry to here that matey, first place I phoned had a few in stock and it arrived the next day?  Used the same one in the celica first time around and picked it up at Bracknell halfrauds?   ah well

Anonymous

how much do they cost about before i order one (just being lazy)

MRMike

I think mine was about £30.  The parts from toyota that are required to do the same job are about £40 if i remember correctly.
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

Anonymous

£25.97 from  http://www.add-a-cdchanger.co.uk  (Adaptor FP-11-03)

If you need the harness as well  £11.97  (PC2-17-4)

Anonymous

Or 19.95 for the fascia from MCS Direct  s:) :) s:)

Tags: