Gutted!

Started by Anonymous, March 12, 2004, 14:11

Anonymous

Just picked my new car up this morning and decided now that the rain has stopped to change to a decent head unit.

Got the old head unit out, just about to stick the wiring loom on...AAAARRRRGGGHHHH I've been sent one for a Nissan  s:( :( s:(  Never checked before I started.

Got to wait for the missus to get home now to see if Halfrauds have got one in. Could go in the '2 but there are screws and dash trim all over the shop at the mo  s;) ;) s;)

I'm like a kid with a new toy that needs batteries but doesn't have any  s:( :( s:(

Still, the drive back from the dealers today assured me that the car was right for me  s;) ;) s;)

Anonymous

You mean you've not had the car a day and you're already changing the stereo?  Jeeze, that's a keen mod'der.

Glad you like the car though.

Anonymous

Well I've had the stereo a week already, was just waiting for the car  s:) :) s:)

Can't be doing with factory fit audio, especially when it was the fisher price one   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Wish the missus would hurry up....she's normally home by now   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Excellent   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Keen to get rid of the fisher price crap I see

Anonymous

i got Mr T to take mine out before i had it delivered And they didnt charge me for it and took the cost of teh h/u off the price of the car   s8) 8) s8)  

Had the new H/U waiting at home with faica and loom's and i was away

Anonymous

Well quick trip to Halfrauds later in the missus Puma and sorted.

Quick pick to show you, uses the Rav4 adaptor as mentioned and recommended on here  s;) ;) s;)

Felt a bit strange though taking a car to bits that I'd had just under two hours   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  [/img]

Anonymous

What is that, one of those brushed aluminum look Pioneers?

Anonymous

Yeah it's the DEH-P77MP unit.

One thing I need to sort out though is that the ariel doesn't work anymore now, even when selected to Radio on the new HU.

Not sure if some of the wires need changing over in the Pioneer loom.

Anyone any ideas? Not life threating, just something to sort out sometime soon.....unless I've already broken something   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Anonymous

Sorted now....I'd not connected the aerial lead up on the Pioneer loom (in my haste and excitement).

At least I now know how to stop it completely from going up  s;) ;) s;)

Anonymous

nice choice in H/U mate nice one,

next is those speakers
  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

I'm already considering them  s;) ;) s;)

Buster, would you be able to send me an image of the template for the spacers as you mentioned on the group buy thread cos I would like to try making my own so I can use the new Workmate and all the tools we have  s;) ;) s;)

I've got some MDF in the shed from my old install that was in the Puma (made an MDF false boot floor) so can hack that up for the spacers  s;) ;) s;)

Anonymous

i need to get in a file format just a sketch at the moment but i will try and get it on te computer soon

Anonymous

Cheers Buster   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

No rush at the mo as I'm spent up for now   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

filcee

Hanslow,

that adaptor looks neat.  Maybe I'll have to change my 'gappy' Toyota parts for an all-in-one unit.

As for speakers - I haven't changed mine yet (I have same H/Unit).  A bit of fiddling with the EQ settings ('drive' seems to work well) and loudness and mine is fine.

Highly recommend you try some MP3 CDs.  I have had some problems with mine jumping, but it may be that the CD burn quality isn't too good (I used XP's built-in burner capability, yeuch!).  I need to do some more experimenting with this, but the benefit of 13+ albums on a single CD is huuuge, especially when I only ever drive for a minimum of 3 hours at a time these days.  It's the future, you know it makes sense  s;-) ;-) s;-)
Phil
2003 6-sp SMT in Sable
x-2001 5-sp SMT in Lagoon Blue

Anonymous

Well I had a good run out in it yesterday which was superb.

Had some MP3 CDs kicking about from when I had my Kenwood MP3 unit in my old car. No jumping, and I have the TTE springs fitted, so could be the burning. I always use Nero and tend to burn at a couple of speeds slower than the maximum.

Love the head unit looks and the sound quality is good as well. Interestingly, I opted for the Drive setting as well  s:) :) s:)

I was quite impressed with the Rav 4 fascia, although a bit of dremel work was required to remove some of the tabs on the edge that aren't required for the '2. Very happy with it overall  s;) ;) s;)

Tags: