Audio Connections

Started by Anonymous, July 22, 2010, 20:33

Anonymous

Hi,

I am in the process of buying a new head unit, I think I am sticking to the double din format to replace the original, seems like it will be easier for me to fit. I have had a look behind the current unit (OEM toyota double din) and the wires seem to plug straight in with a block connector, but I have noticed another block connector which seems to spur off the loom and sits doing nothing???

Will one off these block connectors just plug straight into the new unit I am buying?

The reason I ask is the guy I brought the car off had an aftermarket unit fitted then put the original back in when he sold it to me, is this why there are two, one for new and one for the old?

I just want to take the toyota unit out and plug the new one in, havent time to be messing around.

Help is appreciated.

Thanks   s:) :) s:)

Gif

You will likely need a dedicated ISO connector to attach the Toyota wiring loom to the new HU.
Audi TT 200 Tfsi Roadster, Ibis White, Steptronic, Bose, Nav, Climate, Telcon, Nappa Leather
Ex BMW Z4 sDrive30i Auto, Titan Silver
Ex MR2 Roadster, Sahara Sun, Black Leather, Air Con, TTE exhaust

Thudd

Did he used to have a hands free fitted?

skinz

Alrite,

IIRC when I put in my new HU, there were 2 white block connections, and you only have to use one, Im sure the smaller one was if you were hooking up some rear speaker.

Anyway here's a bad pic of the only one plugged into the back of my HU, just this one and aerial required:

So depending what HU u get, your will need, a <manufacturer - iso> + <iso - toyota loom>, i managed to get a <pioneer - toyota> loom therefore eliminating the need for 2 seperate wiring blocks
Steven

Anonymous

Thanks for that, I have seen a PC2-17-4 lead, I think thats the one I need.

skinz

Quote from: "L14MS"Thanks for that, I have seen a PC2-17-4 lead, I think thats the one I need.

Yeah thats the boy, sorry wlda post back earlier with part no. bt been bogged down @ work this week. IIRC I got mine from halfrauds for £14.99 - clda got it 1/2 price online bt I'm one of those impatient types lol

Anonymous

Cool, picked up the lead for 7 quid, does the lead bridge the 4 channel outut down to 2 channels in the toyota loom? Hence the car only having 2 speakers?

Dont want to waste wattage from the new stereo.  s:D :D s:D

skinz

Quote from: "L14MS"Cool, picked up the lead for 7 quid, does the lead bridge the 4 channel outut down to 2 channels in the toyota loom? Hence the car only having 2 speakers?

Dont want to waste wattage from the new stereo.  s:D :D s:D

Not 100% sure on this but where my 2 blocks connected there were no unconntected pins - if that makes sense lol. Works perfectly fine, but had to connect a rocker to the toyota loom to control aerial as it was annoying going up everything the headunit went on

Anonymous

I reckon it must bridge them into 2, makes sense to do it? Will have to take a look at how many wires go into the toyota plug from the loom.

I am doing an install on saturday, head unit, components and compact sub so I will post up with how I get on and what I put in, costings suppliers etc... am looking forward to it!   s:D :D s:D

skinz

nice one sounds good, ive done hu and sub, but the basslink aint realli compact lol - but cant complain considering its got 2subs built in - not replaced my components yet, but they seem to be alrite as i got all the bass is going thru the sub now, so just use em for treble.

wat kinda sub u got?

Anonymous

I got an inphase USW10 300w, it came today but no RCA leads so another trip out for more stuff!!!

Tags: