Start Button

Started by Anonymous, March 14, 2004, 18:21

Anonymous

do you recon this would be easy enough to fit

i assume you will still have to use the key to switch the battery on and then start it with the button, a bit like the vx220

m http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... gory=40199 m

Anonymous

also do you reckon i could fit it in place of the hazards button and move that else where

markiii

good idea for location but I reckon it will be a pain to move the hazard wiring.

I though about this sometime ago.

best I can find for a mounting spot is to the right of teh steering wheel, under the existing switches. theres just enough flat panel IIRC
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Tem

You can get this as an option in Japan. I'm sure Graham can get those for you...at least you'd be 100% sure of easy fitting  s8) 8) s8)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

markiii

aren't the J-spec ones fitted into a switch blank though?

look totally fake when done that way to me.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

just had a look at the sellers pictures and this button has been fitted in place of the lighter socket

bit s**t if you are a smoker

markiii

also a total pain to do on ours.

GSB

Quote from: "markiii"also a total pain to do on ours.

Any mod worth doing is worth a little pain... Its only a few wires after all  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

markiii

true, but after extending all teh ignition wires down to teh cigarette lighter socket, you then have to rah down there to start it.

when done to an MX5 teh cigarette lighter is within easy reach and looks like it belongs there.

plus you need to hide the wires down a crappilly design centre console. you can hide everything neatly in tehMX5.

if your going to do it. teh panel to teh right of the wheel would seem teh best to me.

Anonymous

I installed one ages ago and i got the Rav 4 facia turned it upside down so that the pocket was on the top and then made a blacken plate out of MDF cut a hole in the center for the push buttona dn trimmed it in black leather to match the seats

looked good oce completed but i dont have any pics sorry the car wasnt mine it was a customers

Anonymous

Do the starter buttons come with instructions on how to fit and wire up?

kanujunkie

not quite, they will probably have a generic write up but you need this bit of info i grabbed from spyderchat ages ago

QuoteI have fitted a start button to mine just to make it a bit cool. I bought one of the blue LED switches Made by Savage from Ebay I still use the key because of the transponder to disengage the immobiliser so turn to position 2 then press the button to start it is very cool. The switch shorts 5 & 6 of the ignition switch but not directly it passes through a relay contact which is normally open unless the ignition is in position 2 and the the hand brake is on. so If you get in Car at night put key in ignition turn on to pos 2 Start switch lights up press switch engine runs in gear handbrake off engine start switch off, also stops drunk passengers from playing when they shouldn't.  

hope it helps
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Tags: