New aero parts? what is everyone after? we can make ANYTHING

Started by Anonymous, August 16, 2010, 17:36

tigracat

I'll take one of them there spoilers please.......

mike
02 mr2 in silver with ht, mags, quad exhaust, pioneer cd, dvd double din player, debadged and de pre catted, custom arm rest, Style bar, dev keyhole covers, K&N cone air filter.
Suzuki Bandit 1200 totally mirror polished show bike.
09 Mini cooper s.
2011 Mazda Miyako 2l

davidarden

How about a copy of the standard toyota body kit? Could you get away with that?
2003 | Silver | TTE Springs | Twin H&S | No Precats | Toyo T1-R\'s | Red Calipers | De-badged | Pioneer DEH-50UB

The Gimp

What sort of price would we be looking at for the APR kit (replica) ?

Yum!
The Gimp (Shane)
TF054

Facebook: Clicky

MonkeyMickey

Quote from: "davidarden"How about a copy of the standard toyota body kit? Could you get away with that?

+1 on this if that is a possibility. I've been after this for ages but am not paying what Pentagon wants for them !

Mickey

OldMan

How about standard replacements for the quarter panels (fenders/wings) and possibly doors?  Front & rear deck lids are already available, I believe.  I can't see the that weight savings would be worth it, but many in the USA (and probably the rest of the world) will pay outlandish amounts to save a gram or two.
If your Porsche is not anhydrous, there IS a substitute.

gavw71

Quote from: "damonlaw88"Could you make spoilers????
For Example like this one??

Yes please!
17" Team Dynamics Pro-Race 1.2\'s, TTE lowering springs, front & rear strut top braces, Markiii inlet pipe, K&N panel filter, CHE header, Magnex dual exit exhaust, Dastek Unichip, re-map by Noble Motorsport.

Anonymous

we tried the arches but they are a bit small for a direct fit, will need some chopping around. Results are more or less like the DAMD ones,

Seems a lot of requests for a decent spoiler, something similar to the C1/ Mr2 mk2 TRD style?

A wide arch kit we would retail around £1500 for the MR2 Roadster, would include front/ rear bumpers, skirts, front replacement wider wings, rear replacement wider quarters pending on design etc.

damonlaw88

How many request would you need to make the spoiler at a good price???   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
2004 Black MR2 Roadster - 17" Advans RG White - Tein S Tech Springs - Trials Front bumper and Side skirts - Custom Black Headlight - Hardtop - GReddy Pillar Pod - Defi Oil Temp - Defi Oil Pressure - Defi control Link - Alpine CVA1004R - Centurion Multiregion DVD player - Acoustics Solution custom sub box - Alpine 10" type S - Alpine sat nav - Red caliper - CHE Manifold

Tem

Quote from: "aerokit"A wide arch kit we would retail around £1500 for the MR2 Roadster, would include front/ rear bumpers, skirts, front replacement wider wings, rear replacement wider quarters pending on design etc.

That's not bad at all, assuming it would be a quality kit. Some kits are more than double that these days.
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

The Gimp

Quote from: "Tem"
Quote from: "aerokit"A wide arch kit we would retail around £1500 for the MR2 Roadster, would include front/ rear bumpers, skirts, front replacement wider wings, rear replacement wider quarters pending on design etc.

That's not bad at all, assuming it would be a quality kit. Some kits are more than double that these days.

Agreed, but aerokit did PM me and say we'd need to order a couple of these to get it at that price, which is understandable due to being quite a complex kit.
The original APR kit is over £2500  s:( :( s:(

Better start saving my pennies...
The Gimp (Shane)
TF054

Facebook: Clicky

Tem

Quote from: "The Gimp"Agreed, but aerokit did PM me and say we'd need to order a couple of these to get it at that price, which is understandable due to being quite a complex kit.

Of course. If they didn't, they might end up having kits no one wants to buy.  s8) 8) s8)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

skinz

Just a thought.. but I have a sneaky feeling that there may be a big demand for rear diffusers and I'm sure with the right volumes of members there could be an opportunity for a considerable group buy.

Something similar to this, but for stanard rear's, over the monocraft pictured:

AnDr0iD666

Quote from: "shuttsies"a bodykit that will allow us to use our front fogs

other than that... maybe wings like chitty chitty bang bang so we can fly?

+1

Plenty of aftermarket lip kits to choose from, but only if you have a pre-facelift front bumper it seems.
**** \'53 Crystal Silver Manual - K&N 57i Gen 2 Induction Kit - Cobra Sport Quad-Exit Stainless Exhaust - Tein S.Tech Springs - Fleabay Front Strut Brace - TTE Chrome Style Bar - TTE Chrome Fuel Flap Surround - TTE Banana Spoiler -  Alpine CDE 104BTi Bluetooth/iPod Head Unit - Alpine SPE-17SF Speakers****

OlberJ

A Mk2 TRD style spoiler would be great but please make it a bit smaller and more subtle. It's a nice design but too big for a non wide body car.
Black 1MZ V6 - TTE Springs - 17" wheels - F355 exhaust - LSD and ST182 FD - aka Black Bob Jnr

http://www.olbermotive.com

Ilogik

This is on a monocraft car  s:P :P s:P  Was tempted to buy one as they are fairly cheap. Wish the centre exit exhaust didn't cause require the crash bar lowering otherwise I would of bought it.

Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

Ilogik

reckon a take on this kit would be nice

OlberJ

What is that kit btw NaeLogik?
Black 1MZ V6 - TTE Springs - 17" wheels - F355 exhaust - LSD and ST182 FD - aka Black Bob Jnr

newboi

Quote from: "OlberJ"What is that kit btw NaeLogik?

TRD lip kit.  Can get it on eBay from seller uk_bodykit for £330 delivered, the last time I enquired.
[size=85]2000 Roadster
Amuse lightweight manifold, AEM Cold Air Induction, eBay exhaust, Tein S.Tech springs, Lenso RS5 alloys, Toyo T1Rs[/size]

Anonymous

For any new moulds we do need a minimum of 5 pre orders.

A diffuser is a good idea, we've just launched a diffuser for the civic type r ep3, http://www.aerokit.eu/diffusers.htm

can do something similar for the Mr2 for a similar price

lemans

Quote from: "aerokit"For any new moulds we do need a minimum of 5 pre orders.

A diffuser is a good idea, we've just launched a diffuser for the civic type r ep3, http://www.aerokit.eu/diffusers.htm

can do something similar for the Mr2 for a similar price

I reckon you would get a lot of interest for something similar for the Roadster.  The only issue I can see is allowing flexibility for the different exhaust systems people have.  Eg single, twin and quad exits.
Daryl
Facelift Black MR2 with red leather interior. Hardtop, rear brace, SP body brace, TRD short shift, Mongo\'s,  Dev\'s & SP Turbo - 238bp, 220lbft.

OlberJ

Quote from: "newboi"

TRD lip kit.  Can get it on eBay from seller uk_bodykit for £330 delivered, the last time I enquired.

Got any links, i cannae find em. Is it front lip and side skirts or there a rear lip too?

Barney Bear

s:D :D s:D  
think there would be a few of us that would like these   s:D :D s:D

should of said I mean the rear diffuser not the spoiler  s:P :P s:P  also should of double checked posting as I see someone beat me to it   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

will wait and see when you post update
54 Sable, Air con, hardtop

hudster

Quote from: "OlberJ"
Quote from: "newboi"

Got any links, i cannae find em. Is it front lip and side skirts or there a rear lip too?
m http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-MR2-MR-S-0 ... arParts_SM m
think this is it ollie
Red Mr2 Roadster 2GR 3.5 V6

Ilogik

this is what it should look like

This is the kit from UKBodykits on ebay, ask him for the full kit. I paid 330, arrived within 2 days.

couple more shots from various angles

looking at the pics makes me wish i could have kept it. Would of been cool with a 2zz

Andy_Foz

the Ebay pics suggest that the company have moulded an original bumper with a lip already attached and that you will get a whole bumper with 'lip' shaped mouldings on the bottom. is that right? Wouldnt bother me either way, but quicker for most to fit a lip than a whole bumper (in terms of spraying etc).

Andy

Tags: