White roadster. Top Secret/JDL

Started by petej, October 3, 2010, 20:25

petej

I'm sure many of you will recognise my new roadster... I love my Mk2, but this puts a big smile on my face!

Driving home from Dundee. 1100 mile round trip in 1 day!

Autumn 2010 Had already started removing red trim

Late 2010  Red reduction

Summer 2012 Hooning spec with hardtop and Bronze rims. Also added Phillips DRLs to compliment HID'S  s:D :D s:D  

Winter 2012 Pioneer App  headunit, Larger Momo steering wheel, Blitz oil guages in navpod

May 2013  S2000 leather seats

June 2013 Anthrecite rims and red calipers. Arrived early for the queens 60yr celebrations!

July 2013 Headlamp very light tinting and hardtop left at home!

Middle age syndrome is upon me!!  295hp 3.4l Porsche 987s is the new bigger boys toy.

uktotty

Hi
Great choice, loved that car and what a bargain!
So are you planning any mods?

Russ

Andy_Foz

Deffo my favourite looking car in the club, im dead jealous!!!

Sorry i couldnt make the kent meet last tuesday. Here's hoping you make the next one and I can see you (and most importantly, the car!) there!!

Andy

Andy_Foz

PS What you up to Thursday? Having a mk3 owners meet at Bluewater if you fancy going down together?

Andy

skinz

Really big fan of this '2, and was gutted that mark wouldnt sell me those wheels - in terms of mods id say everything external is done and looks great from photos - not too sure what he had done engine/performance wise though. Well done in getting this...very jealous it went up for sale 4months after I got mine.
Steven

Ilogik

Still think it needs a nice white hard top to finish it off  s:) :) s:)  great car indeed, i remember the funny looks i got driving to pick up the bumper for mark
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

Anonymous

Hi
I'm loving mine but yours looks WOW!!!!

petej

New images.. PJ effect starting to kick in with black rims. :blush:
Middle age syndrome is upon me!!  295hp 3.4l Porsche 987s is the new bigger boys toy.

Ilogik

Much better mate!! you got rid of the red dash bits yet? Think you should get them flocked black

petej

Working on the red.. Dial surround, Audio and ashtray surrounds, tweeters, Speaker grills, Gear knob, Armrests, Glovebox latch and Wind deflector all black now.

Ilogik

WOO very nice mate, can't wait to see some more pics . Shame you can't take it a bit lower and having it sitting like the mk2, the topsecret bumper sits pretty much like the trial one i had so lowering is pretty dangerous lol.

onion86

Quote from: "petej"Working on the red.. Dial surround, Audio and ashtray surrounds, tweeters, Speaker grills, Gear knob, Armrests, Glovebox latch and Wind deflector all black now.
Glad about that, was waaay too red interior in the flesh. Amazing looking car, love it. Welcome  s:) :) s:)
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

Andy_Foz

Such a shame all the red is diminishing. it really made the car for me. Still looks very nice though, Pete.

Andy

Ilogik

losing the red makes it look more stock, as if the bits should be there, the red made it look more like a bodykitted carif that makes sense, much in the same sense your car looks standard even though it has a kit Andy, two of my favo cars for sure. If I could find an ms design kit and a black car id be tempted to sell up my car and fit a v6 to it  s:D :D s:D

Andy_Foz

Quote from: "Ilogik"losing the red makes it look more stock, as if the bits should be there, the red made it look more like a bodykitted carif that makes sense, much in the same sense your car looks standard even though it has a kit Andy, two of my favo cars for sure. If I could find an ms design kit and a black car id be tempted to sell up my car and fit a v6 to it  s:D :D s:D

Well mine is tentatively for sale...!....  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Andy

Ilogik

already dude why!! :p

Andy_Foz

Its only a maybe...

I think for me, the enjoyment comes from modifying a car. Once ive made a few substantial changes, I tend to get bored and end up craving a new project. There is certainly loads of areas I could still mod with the MR2, but they would all involve big bucks that I dont have.

Going back to your first post, you are completely right. The mods Pete has done have taken it from show car to nice modified road car which, to me, is a step down, but can understand why Pete wanted to tone it down a bit.

Andy

Anonymous

i think the red looks really nice, especially with the black soft top on   s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:  

let me know if ur selling it  s:) :) s:)

manchestermatt1986

Gorgeous car mate. Id have it as my phone background, if it was mine   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Matt
Toyota/TRD Stage 2 Kit - C-one Wing - Hardtop - Injen Induction - Inner Vent LED\'s - Double Din JVC - Armrest - Painted Calipers - Custom Heatshileld - Two Active Subs In Bins - Blitz Nur Spec-S - Team Dynamic 16" - Twin Vocal Speakers On Bin Lids - JSpec Gear Knob - Che Manifold - Angel Eye Fogs -

Krissg

does anyone know where this car is now?? or who owns it?
2003 MR2 Red....watch this space!
Ex- MR2, black MSD kit.

PeteT

As far as i know, its still own by PeteJ   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Pete

2 of the left

Brill looking edition - but I would be paranoid as to where to park if it was mine!!
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM!!

Anonymous

Saw this t'other weekend at Pod and got to meet Pete, has bronze coloured rims now and made tears come to my eyes with jealousy  s;) ;) s;)
Love that front bumper!

petej

moved to the top   s:D :D s:D

simers

That is one sexy motor Pete... Fair play mate
Mr2 mk3 1.8vvti 01,93 mirage 1.5,94 pulsar 1.3, 00 306 2.0 hdi

If its not broke, don\'t fix it!!!!
The only way forward is sideways!!!! ;)

Tags: