Automatic headlights

Started by Anonymous, October 27, 2010, 10:27

Anonymous

Hi I joined ages ago, gleaning useful info on what to look for when buying a roadster; we are now collecting our MR2 at the end of the week, its in very good original condition (aside from dealer fitted short shift kit), and looking forward to using it as a commuting car each day.

Has anyone fitted an automatic headlight on system to their car. Its one of those things that in recent times we have taken for granted, but not present on our 2.Any advice welcome  :-) :-) :-)

markiii

if you can;t tell when it gets dark, you really should stay at home
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Wabbitkilla

Quote from: "markiii"if you can;t tell when it gets dark, you really should stay at home
s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

I was just going to write that all headlights are automatic for me, it starts to get dark and I automatically switch them on.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  
No harm in inventing some for the 2 though if you really feel the need   s:D :D s:D
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

SimonC_Here

It might be quite a cool mod to do.

Don't think anyone has done it yet though. Although in the US they have done almost everything!

Anonymous

Turn the stalk as you turn the key, on all the time then  s:D :D s:D

stargazer30

All joking aside this is something I would not mind doing.  Mainly because I drive my wife crazy as I turn her auto lights off all the time in the qashqai as I'm used to manual lights in the MR2!

Its not actually hard to do either.  All that is needed is a simple light sensor module and a +12v feed to the relevant relay that controls the dipped beam.  The only downside would be the auto lights would be on all the time the ignition is on so if you did want to turn your lights off at night or use side lights it would override this.

David
2003 Silver MR2 - Very Very Standard + Leccy Renault Zoe aka the battery mobile.
Ex Blue 04 MR2 - TTE Turbo\'d ~185bhp/200lbs/ft, Sports Clutch, Breast Plate, Lowered & half decent audio
Ex Silver 05 MR2 -  SP turbo conversion 227bhp, 205lbs/ft, with  cobra dual exit exhaust.

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"if you can;t tell when it gets dark, you really should stay at home

Oh dear I asked for that!

Retrofitting a sensor sounds like the answer, although it would  be nice to have control to override it! Thanks everyone - research time.   s:) :) s:)

kentsmudger

Quote from: "Dan M"Turn the stalk as you turn the key, on all the time then  s:D :D s:D
Me too - Headlights always on, whatever I am driving (Maybe I should have bought a Volvo   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   )
[size=85] Unichip, full Hayward & Scott exhaust, race cat and manifold - markiii pipe, K & N panel, EBC Ultimax Slotted Discs, EBC pads, TTE springs, Corky\'s Breastplate, front & rear strut braces, brass shift bushes, Hankook Ventus V12 Evos, CG-Lock. Bama deflector, Mongos, Devs key cover, TTE gear-knob. My car and my pics of other cars.

[centre] 'I am, and ever will be a white socks, pocket protector, nerdy engineer' - Neil Armstrong (1930 – 2012) [/size][/centre]

DannyN

Quote from: "kentsmudger"
Quote from: "Dan M"Turn the stalk as you turn the key, on all the time then  s:D :D s:D
Me too - Headlights always on, whatever I am driving (Maybe I should have bought a Volvo   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   )

Me 3, I always drive with my lights on regardless, it make other road users spot you much easier
Quote from: \"DannyN\"There are 10 types of people in the world,
Those who understand Binary and those that don\'t...

[size=75]Black 51 165 BHP - Hardtop ON - Teins - Apexi Power FC - AEM Induction (Cleaned) - Crower Cams - Forged Pistons - Iridium Plugs - Zero Manifold - SP Downpipe - H&S - TRD SS - Corkys MSMB - Goodridge - \'03 Vents - Devs - Bamas - Crystal Indies - Mongos.
[/size]

Tags: