Hard Wire Sat Nav/ Not Mr T

Started by wbarrwebster, October 28, 2010, 21:43

wbarrwebster

Got a wee problem with the Accord.

Honda Accord 2.0 6th gen 2002.

I bought a Travel Pilot RNS2 out of Ebay for fitting into dash.
All the wires are labelled apart from one!
Got the main loom wires from DVD Drive to Headunit.
Got the Vss wire which branches off from main loom.
Got the wire for Batt Live, Ign Live and earth which again branches off from the main loom.
Got the Reverse light wire again branches off from main loom.
Got the GPS antenna wire.

My issue is that I have 4wire branch from the loom AT THE DVD DRIVE END and can't guess what's it's for.
It has a connector for insertion into something.The  wires are 2 black, one red , one brown.  
Google my heart out trying to get install diagram. Honda Accord Site been down for some time.
Thinking that the DVD drive would normally be situated somewhere in the boot ideally in one of the side panels, I can't think what it could plug into.
I've hard wired afew sat navs before,Beckers, Sony hybrids, bit of messing about..but got there in the end.

Anyone got any ideas, suggestions would be much appreciated.

B
W. B. Webster

JiMR2

Can you take a few pics of the unit/connector please mate?

If its a DVD thing that the connector comes off id expect one of the 4 cables mentioned to plug in some where to the handbrake so you cant watch DVD's whilst driving... i may be WAY off right now!?!?!?! An image of the unit would help  s:P :P s:P
AKA Cinnamon Jim

wbarrwebster

Thanks for the reply.

Worked on it last weekend. Got the HU in, although the cage was a bit of a pig. Also fitted the GPS aerial . Just got to get Sat Nat drive under the driver'seat and connect up the power, VSS and Reversing wire.
Haven't had a chance to take pic of connector, I now suspect it is forwarding power to something, won't know until I put the thing together.
Will update you in due course.

B
W. B. Webster

Tags: