'Wheels' Opinions please?

Started by Little RED Roadster, February 9, 2011, 14:59

Little RED Roadster

Hi All

Well we bought some wheels for Ian's car

However Ian's not sure about them on his now   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  so he put them on mine to see how they looked......

I like them on both, even though I wasn't looking for new wheels for mine  s:? :? s:?

I actually like how the originals look on Ian's but he doesn't.

What do people think????

Also they came with Khumo SPT 205/45/17R 88W all round. I'm assuming that they will be ok on the front? but what size stagger would they need to be on the rear?
Michelle & Ian

04 Roadster Silver. Toyota Body Kit. TTE Banana Spoiler. TTE Twin Exhaust. Netz Style Bar. FK Lowering Springs. Custom LSC Leather Interior. Silver Calipers. Dev\'s Key Hole Covers. Silver Hardtop.[/color][/b]

Ex owner of 04 \'Red\' Ltd Edition

AmeR

Not really my thing but I think they suit Ian's more!

markiii

since you asked, afraid I hate them on either, however if you must they look better with Sable
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

s12vea

Not my cup of tea I have to say. I would personally have the originals painted black. That would suit both cars.   s8) 8) s8)
TF204 Blue
Another one won't hurt  .....

Wabbitkilla

I'm not really keen on them either, but think they look better on the silver car.

You do know that same size all-round isn't a good idea on the roadster?
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

nathanMR2

They look far better on the silver car IMO. I tend to agree with the others. They arent really my thing but ive seen far far worse.

You need to sort the tyres out ASAP if you intend to keep them.
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

JudoKilli

Not a fan of them on those colours, but they look better on the silver imo.

Anyone think they'd look good on a black '2?

deadmau5

Agree, they look better on his.

Anonymous

Epic fail on both imho.

E

Not really a fan of them on either car to be honest but like I say thats just a matter of taste. On the tyre front Im no expert so please someone correct me if im wrong but my guess is those tyres would be good for the rears if you could get matching  brand/tread pattern tyres something like 185/45/17 if they are available for the fronts.

E

Quote from: "JudoKilli"Not a fan of them on those colours, but they look better on the silver imo.

Anyone think they'd look good on a black '2?

yes Im sure they would look better on a black.

E

Michelle have you seen this.
 l viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32494 l

markiii

those tyres are going to be way out

ideally you want 205/40/17 front and 225/35/17 rear
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Might look better all matt black instead of shiny shiny?

Ilogik

Looks like they belong on a fiesta or a corsa   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  Might look better black, but as they are they look cheap and tacky, sorry.
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

Curlytoppz

I like them on both   s:D :D s:D

Ilogik

You need therapy curly  s:P :P s:P

Here they are in black, but it does need lowering too. Even then im not keen on the wheel design. What size are they 18 or 17?

Little RED Roadster

Well that's a resounding Nooo then

Quote from: "Ilogik"Looks like they belong on a fiesta or a corsa   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  Might look better black, but as they are they look cheap and tacky, sorry.

Definately not cheap! they are momo retailing at around £450 a set

Quote from: "Curlytoppz"I like them on both   s:D :D s:D

Must be a girl thing Lynn   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Back to the drawing board then   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  Any one want to buy some wheels   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Michelle & Ian

04 Roadster Silver. Toyota Body Kit. TTE Banana Spoiler. TTE Twin Exhaust. Netz Style Bar. FK Lowering Springs. Custom LSC Leather Interior. Silver Calipers. Dev\'s Key Hole Covers. Silver Hardtop.[/color][/b]

markiii

momo = soft and heavy

Anonymous

£450 a set is not expensive for wheels.

Little RED Roadster

Quote from: "nelix"£450 a set is not expensive for wheels.

I didn't say they were expensive, but I wouldn't consider £450 cheap when you see what price alot are
Michelle & Ian

Ilogik

A good set of wheels will cost you that used without tyres. £450 is a lot of money yes, but depends what you want, if you want halfords package deals then do it, if you want something good, fits, lightweight, good looking then look elsewhere, if i can't afford new id rather buy a good used set. As I say not a big fan of the wheels unless painted them look a bit chav.

loadswine

Maybe its just me,but the wheels photoshopped all in black, doesn't look bad at all.
Wheel choice, like many appearance mods is so subjective. If you like it? is the most important thing.
Asking opinions on a forum like ours is like giving a baby a hand grenade, you just wait for the explosion.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Little RED Roadster

Quote from: "loadswine"Maybe its just me,but the wheels photoshopped all in black, doesn't look bad at all.
Wheel choice, like many appearance mods is so subjective. If you like it? is the most important thing.
Asking opinions on a forum like ours is like giving a baby a hand grenade, you just wait for the explosion.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Yes, don't worry I won't make the same mistake again

I did ask for opinions, which 'mostly' is what I got.

Thanks to those people anyway   s:) :) s:)
Michelle & Ian

Ilogik

photoshopped all black i think they look good, even anthracite, but the silver and black noo  s:P :P s:P  Atleast its a learning curve haha

Tags: