'Wheels' Opinions please?

Started by Little RED Roadster, February 9, 2011, 14:59

aaronjb

As I left work today I realised there's a 60 plate Porsche 911 Convertible in the carpark with wheels that look almost exactly the same as these on it.. they didn't look so bad on that, but it's a black car.
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

FGrob

Looking at both cars the Grey looks better, but to me the tyres look to big on the front, not sure if you can change the front profile or even go to a 16" rim, I think that will give a better impression.

But Nigel is right, sometimes it better to just turn up with your mods as they often look 10 times better in the flesh.

The thing is if you like them, then stick with it, take no notice of what beens said here, although you did ask, I mean Al doesn't know if his areshole is punched, drilled or bored   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Rob.
Ex owner of a Black 2004 car "which is quite possibly the finest normally aspirated MR2 Roadster in the country" as quoted by Japanese Performance Magazine Dec 2010.

Classic & Performance Car Show Winner Sunday 5th June 2011 - Tatton Park - Best Toyota MR2.

loadswine

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  That did make me laugh Rob!  Al is pretty  constructive here, and good with the photoshop.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

FGrob

Quote from: "loadswine":lol: That did make me laugh Rob!  Al is pretty good with the photoshop though.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Yep he is - he's knows it's all tongue in cheek.  s:D :D s:D    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex owner of a Black 2004 car "which is quite possibly the finest normally aspirated MR2 Roadster in the country" as quoted by Japanese Performance Magazine Dec 2010.

Classic & Performance Car Show Winner Sunday 5th June 2011 - Tatton Park - Best Toyota MR2.

Ilogik

Haha bit of friendly banter never hurt, i admit I am indecisive though  s:P :P s:P  

As for Photoshop, I hope im ok at it  s:P :P s:P  After all thats my job   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  That was literally two mins of effort. These on the other hand were a bit more work.

here is the original vw picture, it had to be cut, re coloured, for a launch brochure.

after

and a little job for Sky

Before

and after

Looks like the pics are being downsampled on the robin hood pics for osme reason, screen is really light and bright but they look real dark on here.
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

E

yes al but are you sure your indecisive   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Curlytoppz

Quote from: "FGrob"The thing is if you like them, then stick with it, take no notice of what beens said here, although you did ask, I mean Al doesn't know if his areshole is punched, drilled or bored   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Rob.
s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Michelle, if you and Ian like them, keep them and get the tyres sorted.  I think they look mint on yours.... pay no notice to these peasants   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

markiii

Well to be fair you ask for opinions you get them

An it's looks amazing is no more likely to affect my decisions than an it looks  sshit shit sshit

Looks are always subjective if you like it that's all that matters
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Perhaps, along the lines of the swear filter, we could put something in place that ensures when opinions are asked for only those that the op agrees with can be posted?
Just a thought.

K T M Rider

IMO Ilogik describes well both the initial problem and the possible solution.

straight out of the box, those wheels remind me of cars like this:

m http://www.barryboys.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=33744 m

Or maybe of the sort of wheels Corgi would fit if your car was only 3 inches long.

Refinishing in black is generally going to much improve the appearance of any questionable wheel style or size, The wheels also look visually too big to me, but again this would be masked somewhat by a black refurb which will blend the wheel much more into the tyre.

If you are going to go to that effort though, then as someone else has already said, you would be much better off IMO refurbing your original Factory alloys in black. The end result visually might not be too different with either wheel in black, but the aftermarket ones are still going to leave you with the headache of sorting out replacement tyres to sort the tyre stagger and I would expect they will also to some extent spoil the ride & handling of the car on account of being bigger and heavier than the original wheels.
Grey 2012 GT86 / ex 2001 W / 2003 03 /2003 53 MR2s
Orange 2019 Aygo Xcite Daily Driver

K T M Rider

Oh and forgot to add that if you do go the stock wheel refurb route your Momos will at least come in handy by keeping the car off the floor until you get 'em back   s:D :D s:D
Grey 2012 GT86 / ex 2001 W / 2003 03 /2003 53 MR2s
Orange 2019 Aygo Xcite Daily Driver

Tags: