Janspeed/Che exhaust info/advice.

Started by dcod, February 19, 2011, 15:56

jam sarnie

Hi folks, just joined the forum a few days ago and read this thread with interest.  I've just got myself a 2003 roadster totally stock other than the rear tyres are 225's rather than 215's.  just fitted a new performance filter from TRD (many thanks to Ascended Saiyan for a previous post detailing what's involved).   Booked in for tomorrow Tuesday for a s/s catback exhaust from Longlife,  has anybody on here used them and are their products good?  Will I get much of a gain in BHP, torque etc with their products?

Many thanks in advance.  Dave.

*andy*

m http://www.dutycalculator.com/new-impor ... lculation/ m

You would need to pay £81.66 on top after Duty and VAT giving a total of £403.15

Plus the shipping company usually charge a fee for sorting this for you (Maybe another £20)

Probably not worth it imo, you could have one made up here for that!

dcod

Hi Andy,

yeah, that's how much I worked it out to.  s:( :( s:(  Curently I have the idea on hold because I have a feeling my oil consumption has decided to increase. Currently monitoring it and checking out prices for a 2zz conversion  s:) :) s:)  (£3000 by woodsport currently)

Dave
Ezekiel 23:20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses"

I bought a "Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine" to lose weight. I put on five stone. I blame the delicious gravy it makes.

nathanMR2

Quote from: "dcod"Good point! I wonder if I can get Che to stick some shiny stars on it and wrap it in birthday paper ... you don't have to pay import tax on gifts!

I think they are 'cracking' down on this. I just had a parcel from the US which was marked in a import friendly way and it still got stopped. The item was just over £100 yet i get charged another £28ish for the privilege of customs getting their sticky fingers on it  s:( :( s:(
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

WillsSayers

Quote from: "dcod"Currently monitoring it and checking out prices for a 2zz conversion  s:) :) s:)  (£3000 by woodsport currently)

Dave

I didn't think Woodsports were overly keen on doing non-V6 swaps? Perhaps they're branching out, or you really pushed the 2zz idea  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

]Appearance:[/b] :: Pre-facelift Toyota Bodykit :: Ducktail Spoiler :: TTE Style Bar :: Custard Gas Struts ::
Chassis: :: Front and Rear Strut Brace :: C-One Front and Rear Anti-roll Bar ::

dcod

[quote="WillsSayers"

I didn't think Woodsports were overly keen on doing non-V6 swaps? Perhaps they're branching out, or you really pushed the 2zz idea  s:lol: :lol: s:lol: [/quote]

Nor did I, maybe times are hard!

I sent him:
My MR2 Roadster is slowly eating itself due to oval bore syndrome and I'm looking to convert to a reliable engine. Can you tell me if you do a 2zz conversion for the Roadster and the sort price we're talking?

He sent me:
Hi Dave, yes i could convert it to 2zz, the engine bundle will cost around £1800 (subject to supply) and you would be looking at around £1200 labour with all of my detailing included and new parts supplied.

Hoping to get some info from Rogue aswell seeing as they are a lot closer!
Ezekiel 23:20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses"

I bought a "Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine" to lose weight. I put on five stone. I blame the delicious gravy it makes.

dcod

Hi,

Just an update,

1. Che exhaust delivered to my work.
2. FedEx used my company's account number to bill import duty.
3. Got slapped wrists by my company.
4. 2ZZGE engine bought and sent to Rogue.
5. 2ZZGE engine delivered to garage somewhere in Rochdale.

Next
4. Tomorrow, engine picked up and hopefully delivered to correct garage (Rogue Motorsport).
5. Book car in in a few weeks cause Rogue is very busy over the next two weeks.
6. Happy days.  s:) :) s:)

Dave

dcod

Hi,

Never was very good with numbers  s:( :( s:(

Dave

Tags: