Deactivate alarm / lost keys etc...

Started by *andy*, March 13, 2011, 23:20

*andy*

s:oops: :oops: s:oops:   I have managed to 'misplace' both of my keys and in a bit of a dilemma! Both CTP and another company I have seen can reset your ECU if you send it them and they will then recode and supply new keys.

The problem I face now is actually getting to my ECU, to actually get in I can see a number of options: Call out an auto lock smith / AA , Smash a Window as I have a spare one, or get a basic key made up from my VIN. The problem with all 3 of these options is that as soon as I open the car, the alarm is going to go off!!

Is there anyway I can disable the alarm once I get into the car? Does the siren have back-up power or is removing the battery an option? Or alternatively, how easy would it be to disconnect the siren? My frunk plastics are already out so should be easily accessible! Obviously I would usually investigate this myself but I can't get into it!   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

*andy*

s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:    s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:   Ok no need for this anymore! My house mate found my keys in his gym trainers after I have wasted about 2 solid days searching for them and nearly spending about £400 to sort it out!

Obviously now I am going to get a new spare key. I Thoroughly recommend that anyone else with only 1 key do the same! I nearly learnt my lesson the expensive way!

frogger

Good work lol.

I've just spent the past hour replacing the door locks and drilling out the ignition barrel on a RAV 4 after I lost the ONLY key, so can also highly recommend always having a spare!!

mrzwei

Quote from: "*andy*"Obviously now I am going to get a new spare key.

£110 (2008) supplied and programmed from Mr T.
Others on here have found a cheaper route.
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

frogger

Oof, makes me glad the import has no immobiliser to be reprogrammed - just shelled out £4 for a key off ebay  s:) :) s:)

I have yet to find out how much an additional toad alarm/immobiliser fob will cost mind!

*andy*

Quote from: "mrzwei"
Quote from: "*andy*"Obviously now I am going to get a new spare key.

£110 (2008) supplied and programmed from Mr T.
Others on here have found a cheaper route.

Managed to find a cheaper option! I bought a blank key shell off Ebay for £4 then I bought a used key with the transponder in it for £12. I image it will cost about £5 or so to get the blank cut and then I can code the key myself!

I'm so relieved!

frogger

Took my blank down local indoor market at the weekend - cutting FREE!
I knew it was going to be much less than Timpson, but wasn't expecting them to be quite so helpful. Bonus

Tags: