new speakers

Started by noddynurdle, March 30, 2004, 20:42

noddynurdle

Just to bore you all with fact the t'old missus is ordering the focals speakers from the big H tomorrow. i know i may have got them cheeper on the web but due to circumstances i am deined access to the magic of the cards for a while.
  big H say should be hear by friday so should be installed saturday so stand by the big B for the PMs. I think i will be all right though as i think i know everything well that what the t'old lass said   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    
  still coming back from colchester i managed to buy a deep purple greatest hit cd so i have the means for testing them after a week so they settle in nicely -(see Buster i do take notice  s:P :P s:P  )
it might go off it you touch it
2000 red/black second hand had 5500 on clock
now got 38000.
MODS after market valve caps, dynamatted focal 165a speakers, visor pluged, painted calipers and a set of Victor\'s bags.
oh and me nodding dog called spot.

Anonymous

good stuff!

Speakers and sub's and even amp's to a degree need running in as speakers and subs useVoice coils in which are very close tolerance's and to ware them in add slowly and under less load to make sure no Voice coils catch and therefore go bang   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Amp's to as the MOSFET ciruity will damage if you turn it up to full gain hte moment you get it

just take your time in settting it up and installing   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  
good luck

noddynurdle

the missus picked up me speaks from the big H today looks like i am fitting tomorrow unless its raining - no garage. but weather looks ok for sunday
now got 38000.
MODS after market valve caps, dynamatted focal 165a speakers, visor pluged, painted calipers and a set of Victor\'s bags.

noddynurdle

speakers fitted no problems had to do a few bodges running period started
  s:D :D s:D  
thanks buster
now got 38000.

Anonymous

no worries hope they give you total musical pleasure   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Fitted my new Focals on Saturday as well, and what a difference! Had to go for a bit of a 'cruise' on Sunday morning as well, just because the sun was shining...   s8) 8) s8)  

One thing though Buster: I had to cut down the spacers you gave me as they were too deep (i.e. I had to cut them lengthways). They kept hitting the plastic trim inside the door otherwise...   s:? :? s:?   Still, rather do that than try and attempt to make the spacers meself!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

PS BTW, Claire says sorry for not saying hello to you as she walked right past you in Chelmsford on Monday: it took her a while to realise who it was!   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

yeah no worries i made the spacers depper so that if people had deaper speakers then it would fit but most people have to cut them down a bit!

Oh and say sorry to Claire for me as i didnt say hello either did reconise her   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:   next time i shall say hello   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

I am fitting mine this weekend, could you tell me by how much you had to reduce the thickness of the spacers please so I can do this prior to the instal?.

Anonymous

With 165 Access Focals, you can just cut the spacer in half and it'll fit like a glove. With other speakers, I'm not so sure. I just bought what Buster told me to!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Buster: We'll just pretend that neither of you saw the other at all, far less embarassing that way!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

noddynurdle

i sanded about 5 mm off my spacers
they was 18 mm to start with. i think 12mm is a good starting place
now got 38000.

Anonymous

yeah 12mm is ok for the Focals but any deaper then you may have to keep the thickness and adject the door inside, it's just a bit of plastic that catches it sand it of or cut it off and your laughting   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Tags: