Tomtom Roadster icon

Started by zipimini, July 5, 2011, 10:35

zipimini

Hi Guys,
I couldn't find a Roadster icon for the tomtom units so I've created one. Give me a bit of time and I'll add some more colours. Unfortunately photobucket keeps converting into jpg format and tomtom needs bmp. If anyone wants a copy send me a pm with your email and I'll send you the image.

[MOD] Image fixed [/MOD]

Anonymous

Got one on mine   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

uktotty

would love to see the image you created if you can upload it

zipimini

Quote from: "uktotty"would love to see the image you created if you can upload it

Its up there now

uktotty

I want one  s:) :) s:)

zipimini

Quote from: "uktotty"I want one  s:) :) s:)

PM me your email and I'll send it over.

uktotty

I love it, everyone has to get one of these!!!!!!!!!!!

calaerial

Its highly annoying that my iPhone TomTom app doesnt support custom icons!
Work in progress - 2001 MR2 Roadster - Silver

Current faults:

General dings
Rotten brake discs
Sticky aerial

uktotty

LOL something else the iPhone can't do then!

calaerial

Indeed, there isnt a ****ing app for that!
Work in progress - 2001 MR2 Roadster - Silver

Current faults:

General dings
Rotten brake discs
Sticky aerial

zipimini

Quote from: "uktotty"I love it, everyone has to get one of these!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, they are great, the simpler the car the easier to convert though, spoilers and twin exhausts can be a pain!!

creamykiwi

squeeee, that's a brilliant idea. assuming cut out in photoshop, and then what do you save as? (and how do you upload to the tomtom? i very rarely actually plug mine into my computer   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  )

Treboeth

Carla what does squeee  s:? :? s:?    s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:   mean exactly

uktotty

its similar to gigglesnort and floozie, she makes words up for fun  s:) :) s:)

luke.27

Any possibility of getting a 'how to' so that we can do this ourselves?  s:) :) s:) :)
2003 Black MR2 1.8 VVTi
Quad Cobra Exhaust. TTE Springs. Markiii Pipe. Alpine Double Din Stereo. J-Spec Nose Badge. Laser cut MR2 Roof Release Catch. Billet Alloy HVAC knobs. Relocated Alarm. Small Mongos. Dev\'s Keyhole Covers. MR2ROC Sunvisor plugs.

zipimini

Quote from: "luke.27"Any possibility of getting a 'how to' so that we can do this ourselves?  s:) :) s:) :)

Certainly can:

Step 1:
Take a rear shot of your car, with the camera above your head pointing at an angle to your car. Try not to have too much background as its easier with a 'blank' background.

Step 2:
Ideally you will need picture editing software such as Corel Photopaint or Adobe Photoshop. Microsofts paint/picture manager doesn't really do a great job. Load the image onto your pc and 'resample' it to 80 pixel by 80 pixel size. Try and have the edges of your car on the edge of the picture. Photopaint lets you crop the picture to the correct size.

Step 3:
Now you need to take the picture to 1600% or so in order to see the pixels (it looks like a grid) and basically you have to colour everything that you DON'T want to see with pure red (255.0.0 on the colour scale). This takes a long time!. The better you do this the better the image will appear on tomtom. If you dont use pure red you will end up with red dots around the car when you put it on the satnav. (You can use pure red on the windscreen if you want to see through it but be careful not to go too far onto the windscreen surround)

Step 4:
Have a large glass of wine or beer and pat yourself on the back!

Step 5:
Save the image as a 'bmp' then copy it to your tomtom to the mobilenavigator>Art>Cars folder. Boot up tomtom and select Change preferences>Car Symbols and you should see your image in the folder. If the image is there but you cant select it, you have forgotten to change to a bmp.

Step 6:
View your image on screen, decide if you're happy with it or if you want to change bits or get rid of an odd red dot or two (you always miss one).

Step 7:(Quick way)
Download my picture, open up the picture editor, select my colour using the eyedropper tool then select replace colour and pick one that is close to your own car. With a bit of luck it will just change the body colour. Save as a bmp and you done!

Tags: