Llb per foot or bhp?

Started by manchestermatt1986, July 23, 2011, 00:55

mrzwei

Thanks for taking the trouble to post that Chris. On revisiting my material it's momentum that is lost with a light flywheel and not, as you say, torque so the only downside of a lightened flywheel would be say on a hill when you would have to compensate quickly by putting your foot on the gas quicker than with the stock item. Also, if it was too light (for road use) then the engine would be lumpy at tickover. Other than that, a good mod.
I only got a 'c' for physics   s:D :D s:D
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

muffdan

With a lighter flywheel there's the possibility for stalling too when dipping the clutch from higher revs when coming to a stop.
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

aaronjb

FWIW I have (I believe) the lightest rotating assembly available for the clutch - the ORC309 which is billet aluminium aside from the contact areas & pressure/clutch plates. I haven't had any problems relating to the reduced spun mass, though the clutch is violent, to put it mildly..
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "aaronjb"FWIW I have (I believe) the lightest rotating assembly available for the clutch - the ORC309 which is billet aluminium aside from the contact areas & pressure/clutch plates. I haven't had any problems relating to the reduced spun mass, though the clutch is violent, to put it mildly..

violent not even mild it just pure madness however it is funny watching people holding it on the biting point.

mrzwei

Quote from: "aaronjb"FWIW I have (I believe) the lightest rotating assembly available for the clutch - the ORC309 which is billet aluminium aside from the contact areas & pressure/clutch plates. I haven't had any problems relating to the reduced spun mass, though the clutch is violent, to put it mildly..

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   I love the way reality beats the research and theory. JFDI and see what happens must save hours of research and debate. Don't know quite why but it reminds me of F1 at the moment.
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

manchestermatt1986

Just been doing loads of looking around and seen that at some point at tte turbo was purchased for £2000, it was sp ex demo car one. If i could get one for thatkind of money id probably go for it   s:( :( s:(
Toyota/TRD Stage 2 Kit - C-one Wing - Hardtop - Injen Induction - Inner Vent LED\'s - Double Din JVC - Armrest - Painted Calipers - Custom Heatshileld - Two Active Subs In Bins - Blitz Nur Spec-S - Team Dynamic 16" - Twin Vocal Speakers On Bin Lids - JSpec Gear Knob - Che Manifold - Angel Eye Fogs -

PaullyP2010

Quote from: "manchestermatt1986"Just been doing loads of looking around and seen that at some point at tte turbo was purchased for £2000, it was sp ex demo car one. If i could get one for thatkind of money id probably go for it   s:( :( s:(

Looks like there is a MWR turbo kit going for approx £1700 plus shipping/tax on spyderchat, look for 'some solid parts for sale'.

Cheers,
Paul
2003 Sable Grey
Built 2ZZ Turbo with lots of other goodies.........

nathanMR2

Bear in mind you can pick up a turbo for relatively cheap these days. However you need to counter in....

New uprated clutch
Clutch fitting cost
Gear box oil
Uprated engine oil
New spark plugs (grade colder)
Gaskets
Uprated air filter

To add a little extra you might want to also consider a sports cat or decat pipe.

Then the cost of fitting the turbo. It all mounts up but well worth it  s;) ;) s;)
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

Tags: