Re: The correct wire to Cut for the Aerial Mod is:

Started by MisterK, August 7, 2011, 18:10

dcw14mr2

Cheers, But was hoping to get it done today....  Don't know if the trip to halfords is gonna be a wasted trip or not,  thats if i ever do make it out for a tinker 2day!   :-) :-) :-)
\":-(\"EX OWNER of Mr2 Roadster - 2006 - Sable - Silver Hard Top(off) - TRD Spoiler - TTE Bar - TTE Exhaust - Chrome Fuel Flap Surround - Heated Seats - Small Mongo\'s - Devs Caps - Chrome Dial Rings - Lockwood Sills -  Moved Alarm/Spare W Turned -  Switched Aerial -

Nevadasan

Evening all, just done this mod and thought I would share my findings, as wire colours are different again!

Red = 12v live
Red/black = 12v ignition
Black = ground
Purple = aerial
Brown = illumination
Green & green/White = speaker
Orange & orange/White = speaker

The purple aerial wire is on the bottom row of pins 3rd pin from the left looking at the back of the plug(pins facing away from you)

This was done on my 2005 red edition with Toyota 58806 radio/cd/navigation unit.

Hope this helps someone in the future

Steve Green

Pics please and ID number of the HU.
It would be good to know as reg date and manufacturing date can be misleading though 2005 should be clear of those problems.
It will help others who read this thread in the future.
2003 Facelift SMT

Did my old avatar offend you?

dcw14mr2

Finally got my aerial switch mod done this evening, and i connected to black wire on my 2006, phew luckily the right one  :-) :-) :-)     No more ugly aerial and wind noise!

Thanks Dtp for the advise  :-) :-) :-)
\":-(\"EX OWNER of Mr2 Roadster - 2006 - Sable - Silver Hard Top(off) - TRD Spoiler - TTE Bar - TTE Exhaust - Chrome Fuel Flap Surround - Heated Seats - Small Mongo\'s - Devs Caps - Chrome Dial Rings - Lockwood Sills -  Moved Alarm/Spare W Turned -  Switched Aerial -

Steve_Nottm

Many thanks dtp for this thread.  The aerial being up all the time was annoying me and I was considering swapping it for a stubby.  I read this, did it this afternoon (2004 car, black wire) and now I can control my aerial.  Brilliant!

I'm pretty much an amateur at this sort of thing too, but it was pretty simple to follow the instructions in the thread, if a bit of a pain due to the tight space.

Thanks again!

insx

So, I just:

Cut the blue/white wire,
cut the orange wire,
cut the black wire,
cut the blue wire
or cut the purple wire.

Simples, ha ha!

Can anyone tell me for sure what wire I can cut amongst this lot? My car is a 2001 with the Sony WX-C570R stereo.

Thanks.

CrazySX

I cut into the Blue wire on my iso loom. This way A) I am not cutting into the cars wiring. B) it's clearly labelled 'Antenna'  s:D :D s:D

insx

That's the ISO loom there, I believe. Where was it marked 'Antenna'?

CrazySX

Quote from: "insx"That's the ISO loom there, I believe. Where was it marked 'Antenna'?
Yep ISO,  it says across the actual wire if you look closely. It's a blue iirc, could be blue with a white trace.

insx

Hmm. I couldn't see anything so I struggled for 10 minutes to actually get the loom out and having checked it carefully, the only wire that has anything printed on it is the orange one which says "ILLUMINATION" and there is a blue one not connected to anything with a label saying "ATT". I can't find a definitive diagram for the 16 pin ISO connector anywhere.

CrazySX

Quote from: "insx"Hmm. I couldn't see anything so I struggled for 10 minutes to actually get the loom out and having checked it carefully, the only wire that has anything printed on it is the orange one which says "ILLUMINATION" and there is a blue one not connected to anything with a label saying "ATT". I can't find a definitive diagram for the 16 pin ISO connector anywhere.
There is sometimes a blue as remote to the amp, and the blue for the Leccy aerial should be in the plug. Let me see if I can find as pic for you.

CrazySX

Here you go..

Snip the blue wire, I put a male and female bullet connector in the two ends then from the switch wires again male and female bullet connectors. This way if you ever want to put it back to original configuration or use your stereo to ISO in another car u can just connect the bullets. Make sense?

Here is a pic to show u how the word antenna is printed on the wire. (I don't  think it's a Toyota loom but u get the picture)

insx

OK, I found a Sony WX-C570R manual that also says it's the blue wire so I'm going for that. Wish me luck  s:) :) s:)

... Yes, solid blue seems to have done it.

Tags: