My new spoiler

Started by Burning rubber, August 26, 2011, 19:49

Anonymous

Quote from: "MelBee42"
Quote from: "Les"
Quote from: "MelBee42"Mine turned up today - paint finish seems good. So this definitely needs warming first before fitting? It seems so bendy already!

Yes......warm it up, it has to form into the slight recess in the middle and it goes really easy when floppy   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

I just rested mine on the top cross-member and closed the engine lid while things warmed up (don't put it on the heat shield   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  ), I also fitted it with the engine lid up as it made it easier to get the edge flush.

Cross-members? 'Goes really easy when floppy?'    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   I might have to save that sort of excitement for the weekend!!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Fnarr Fnarr   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

xsarahx

Here's mine, it arrived this morning    s:D :D s:D   not a very good photo but im having trouble uploading the others i took.

Previously owned - RED edition, 54 plate, red calipers,  jdm nose badge, de-badged rear............That is all \":)\"

uktotty

Looking good babe  s:) :) s:)
Mine has been shipped after a very funny email trail!!

Dear e.auto.bay2008,

Hello Friend

The model was the same from 1999 to 2006, so this is actually a listing for a 1999-2006 model MR2 Roadster, MR2 Spyder or MR-S as they are all the same car.
In 2003 they changed the rear wheels, the seats, the front and rear lights, the front and rear bumpers.
So for you making spoilers there is no issue with front bonnet, rear boot, arches, doors etc.

Russell

Dear,

thanks for your reply.
would you please help us confirm 990mm could fit your car or not?
once we got the confirmation we will process your item asap.
Regards,

- e.auto.bay2008

Dear e.auto.bay2008,

Lets try this again
Your advert is for a Toyota MR2 03/05
It should say Toyota MR2 99/06
BECAUSE There was ONLY one MR2 between 99 and 06
My car is a 2000, this has the same boot as a 2001, a 2002, a 2003, a 2004, a 2005 AND a 2006
So if someone wants a spoiler for a MR2 Roadster (UK) MR2 Spyder (USA or MR-S (Japan) then its the same car.

Here is a lnk the MR2 Roadster from 2000
 m http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=mr2+20 ... 80&bih=629 m

Here is link to MR2 from 2005
 m http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=mr2+20 ... 80&bih=629 m

Please notice the car is the same car, there was only one car made between 1999 and 2006
so YES This will fit my car and all other MR2 made from 1999 to 2006

Thank you

Russell

xsarahx

Hopefully that will put an end to all their confusion, well done Russ   s:) :) s:)
Previously owned - RED edition, 54 plate, red calipers,  jdm nose badge, de-badged rear............That is all \":)\"

mrzwei

Quote from: "uktotty"there was only one car made between 1999 and 2006

That'll be worth a few quid then   s:D :D s:D
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

Chris H

looks good sarah......still not got mine fitted,dont have a garage and its been pouring down
since mine was delivered on monday...........  s:( :( s:(

loadswine

Les's tip on warming the thing gently first is an excellent one.   s8) 8) s8)   Went for a little spin and turbo helped warm things up nicely, so after going round the block, turned everything off and left spoiler on rear brace for just a couple of mins while I wiped and degreased the contact area. Lined up and went on a treat.

and this is a pic of the spoiler I bought months ago to do a very similar job, as there wasn't a ready to fit solution around then. I originally intended it to fit on the next crease back on the rear bumper. I'll find somewhere else to fit it at some point, or my other car perhaps.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

MisterK

Looks really good.  Just checked my shipping details & mine was delivered to FedEx Coventry earlier this morning, so hopefully should arrive on Monday.  Did you follow Les's example and leave the engine lid open to fit the spoiler tight against the edge of the bumper lip?  Will follow all advice about warming it up etc, so hopefully will look as good as all the others fitted so far.  Will post a photo to show it in situ with the TTE banana spoiler.  Getting excited now!!!
MarkK
MARK K - Original Owner/ \'Best In Class\' winner, \'Show n Shine\', MR2DC National Event 2017.

loadswine

Yes, fitted it with the lid open. I would think you'd need to keep an eye on the spoiler when in the engine bay, as it does go very floppy when warmed up.

Anonymous

Just noticed we have different spoilers Nige......not that it makes a lot of difference   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Mine......

Yours........

The tapering at the ends are different

inert2k3

Well spotted, I knew that spoiler looked a little different but couldn't put my finger on it. I def prefer the more smooth curved ends.
02 MR2 Roadster]
Wanted]
Coming soon]

loadswine

I quite like the one I have really, but didn't have a choice, anyway. I ordered from the same chap on ebay and this is what turned up. Squarer profile of the ends suits me , but then all have different tastes.

MisterK

Well mine turned up today - ordered on 1st Sept & received on 12th, only 6 working days.  All I can say is excellent product & excellent delivery - boxed up and secure.  Paintwork is excellent and an exact colour match.  Mine has the rounded end that most members have received which would have been my personal preference anyway.

Thanks for the advice from Les and Nige to warm the spoiler before fitting.  Did exacty what Nige did - took the car for a run around the block & then left the spoiler resting across the strut brace with the engine running to get things nice & floppy.  Made sure the paintwork was clean, peeled off the backing paper and then applied with care to make sure it was fitted centrally & flush with the edge of the bumper panel.

I think that it fits well with the TTE banana spoiler and makes a subtle addition.

I'd also like to add my thanks to 'burningrubber' for the original post - a nice cheap upgrade which works well.

MarkK
MARK K - Original Owner/ \'Best In Class\' winner, \'Show n Shine\', MR2DC National Event 2017.

Anonymous

Well mine turned up today - ordered on 1st Sept & received on 12th, only 6 working days. All I can say is excellent product & excellent delivery - boxed up and secure. Paintwork is excellent and an exact colour match. Mine has the rounded end that most members have received which would have been my personal preference anyway.

Thanks for the advice from Les and Nige to warm the spoiler before fitting. Did exacty what Nige did - took the car for a run around the block & then left the spoiler resting across the strut brace with the engine running to get things nice & floppy. Made sure the paintwork was clean, peeled off the backing paper and then applied with care to make sure it was fitted centrally & flush with the edge of the bumper panel.

I think that it fits well with the TTE banana spoiler and makes a subtle addition.

I'd also like to add my thanks to 'burningrubber' for the original post - a nice cheap upgrade which works well.

Dyn-Evo

Can you guys let me know how long the spoilers you ordered / received actually are, as I got an email from the seller this morning (Sept 20th!) asking:

"Thanks for your coming.
Due to there are other customers ask different size for this car type.
Could you please provide us the measurement of rear car trunk lip?

Please measure the trunk curve with the instructions below:
 m http://e.auto.bay2008.googlepages.com/H ... heboot.JPG m
 m http://e.auto.bay2008.googlepages.com/H ... eboot1.JPG m "

I measured mine and it was virtually bang on 100cm, so 99.0 or 99.5 will be spot on, then...?

I thought all this had been sorted out a few weeks back...?   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
Current: 2006 Toyota Corolla T-Sport COMPRESSOR 215hp, Silver, totally stock!
EX]V6[/color]  \":-)\"   )
Black Leather interior, "micro-lip" rear spoiler, Refurbed OEM 15" Pewter Metallics, Cobra Quad-Exit, HEL SS braided hoses, EBC pads, AEM DryFlow CAI.
Ex: "NightHawk" MR2 Mk1 4AG-ZE AE101 S/C conversion (170hp), water injection
Ex: MR2 Mk1b stock 4AGE

uktotty

I told the dippy tit that ALL roadsters, spyders, MR-S had the same boot, just tell him the same!

Mine arrived today so will see if I can get mine fitted too  s:) :) s:)

dtp

mine arrived and fitted today - just 11 days from order to delivery - really pleased especially when you consider it is only 30 quid! Don' know how they air freight it from Taiwan for that price - let alone make it and paint it in the exact colour!

uktotty

very chuffed but dam that sticky stuff is sticky!!
And Nige, when you said get it floppy, I didnt know quite how floppy it got when warm!

loadswine

Loking good Russ! Yes it does go really floppy when warm, you do have to watch it if you place it on the bracing over the engine or it could flop onto the exhaust, which wouldn't be too good.

uktotty

I didn't even open the boot mate, just rested it on top and totally pliable

loadswine

Ah the delights of a lovely warm day! Ace!

Anonymous

Quote from: "loadswine"Ah the delights of a lovely warm day! Ace!

Unless you put the hard top on because the weather changed   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

loadswine

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Dyn-Evo

Mine arrived yesterday: fitted yesterday, too...!

Very impressed with the paint quality for the price: I too am trying to get my head round how he does this spoiler for the price..?!   s:? :? s:?  

Whatever way you look at it, it would cost much more than £30 to make these to order and paint them to colour in the UK....?

"Normal", spoilerless Roadsters kinda look "naked" without them, now...they look 100% OEM.....
It should be made an offence for any MR2 MK3 to NOT have one of these...effective immediately...!?   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Current: 2006 Toyota Corolla T-Sport COMPRESSOR 215hp, Silver, totally stock!
EX]V6[/color]  \":-)\"   )
Black Leather interior, "micro-lip" rear spoiler, Refurbed OEM 15" Pewter Metallics, Cobra Quad-Exit, HEL SS braided hoses, EBC pads, AEM DryFlow CAI.
Ex: "NightHawk" MR2 Mk1 4AG-ZE AE101 S/C conversion (170hp), water injection
Ex: MR2 Mk1b stock 4AGE

MRS-Emma

I Have looked and looked through this thread and can't find a link for this spoiler anywhere! does anyone have it? know where i can get one?

Tags: