My new spoiler

Started by Burning rubber, August 26, 2011, 19:49

AckersMR2

Just got my invoice from FedEx   s:x :x s:x  £13.95!!! So I think any future buyers had best be aware it probably won't be as good a deal as they thought they were getting. Still probably cheaper than buying one here though   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

For future reference If you are receiving a package from overseas (unless it's from another EU Country), please be aware that it may (probably will) incur customs charges. Any package assessed by HM Revenue and customs as being liable for customs charges will also incur a Royal Mail handling fee of £8 (FedEx £10   s:x :x s:x  ).

Any goods imported into the UK over the value of £18 are liable to import VAT. Gifts between private individuals over the value of £40 are also liable for VAT. Goods and gifts over these values may also be liable for customs duty. You no longer have to pay customs duty for goods up to the value of £135, however you will still be required to pay import VAT and excise duty where applicable.
My only car is a Ducati 

Lurch

Quote from: "AckersMR2"Just got my invoice from FedEx   s:x :x s:x  £13.95!!! So I think any future buyers had best be aware it probably won't be as good a deal as they thought they were getting. Still probably cheaper than buying one here though   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

For future reference If you are receiving a package from overseas (unless it's from another EU Country), please be aware that it may (probably will) incur customs charges. Any package assessed by HM Revenue and customs as being liable for customs charges will also incur a Royal Mail handling fee of £8 (FedEx £10   s:x :x s:x  ).

Any goods imported into the UK over the value of £18 are liable to import VAT. Gifts between private individuals over the value of £40 are also liable for VAT. Goods and gifts over these values may also be liable for customs duty. You no longer have to pay customs duty for goods up to the value of £135, however you will still be required to pay import VAT and excise duty where applicable.
Oi Cheaper than mine £14.02p   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   I haven't paid it yet , going to wait and see what happens if i don't pay.
LURCH

AckersMR2

Probably the exchange rate at time of billing that caused the difference in price. My Bro-in-law got a legal letter when he didn't pay his but it was for about £150 don't know if they'll bother chasing £14?
My only car is a Ducati 

Lurch

Been over a week since i got invoice and spoke to them on the day i got it to ask why so much, and also asked how long i had to pay and was told as soon as you recieve the invoice, Well haven't paid yet and not recieved anything else yet, fingers crossed i don't get billed more.
LURCH

Wabbitkilla

They just sell the debt to a collection agency, then it can get nasty. I was avcidentally caught out once and know only too well how these intimidating scum operate.

Better pay up unless you want threatening letters and visits from their 'agents'.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

AckersMR2

Yeah they could come round to get the money or items to the value of and you could wake up to find your MR2 looking like this  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

My only car is a Ducati 

Dyn-Evo

Yes..ParcelForce charge about £14..!

Thats the standard I get hit for when they arrive at Gatwick: thats in addition to the actual VAT...the £14 is their "admin" charge...!!?!?!  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  

My sister (unluckily for her!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  ) actually WORKS for Parcel Force: at Gatwick, too..!

We spent about an hour the other day arguing about the rip-off: she explained that the £14 is charged because they actually pay the customs charge for you before they send the letter.

That in itself is reasonable: what is REALLY taking the pi$$ is the fact you never actually have the option to pay the customs charge yourself, either up-front, or when it hits the UK....
So in effect, their "admin" charge could be whatever they choose to set it at, really...?   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

(They could even (maybe) put it up to £20 in 2013.....  s:? :? s:?    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  )

The "grab-as-much-money-out-of-the-honest-law-abiding-British citizen" gravy-train rolls on.......  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

I think we NEED a revolution.....?!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Current: 2006 Toyota Corolla T-Sport COMPRESSOR 215hp, Silver, totally stock!
EX]V6[/color]  \":-)\"   )
Black Leather interior, "micro-lip" rear spoiler, Refurbed OEM 15" Pewter Metallics, Cobra Quad-Exit, HEL SS braided hoses, EBC pads, AEM DryFlow CAI.
Ex: "NightHawk" MR2 Mk1 4AG-ZE AE101 S/C conversion (170hp), water injection
Ex: MR2 Mk1b stock 4AGE

2 of the left

Fedex didn't charge me anything - they delivered to my neighbour because I was at work - This beggars the question "Are the bean counters changing the rules?"  s:flame: :flame: s:flame:
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM!!

AckersMR2

Quote from: "2 of the left"Fedex didn't charge me anything - they delivered to my neighbour because I was at work - This beggars the question "Are the bean counters changing the rules?"  s:flame: :flame: s:flame:

This is the first time i've been charged. But HMRC seem to be stopping everything now, and as said the courier pay the vat/import duty on your behalf and then charge us anything between £8-14 for the privilege.

The only other option is to pay the supplier extra and ask them to pay the duty on our behalf before it is sent.
My only car is a Ducati 

Patch

I'll be grabbing one of these.  How the hell did I miss this thread???

moshie

Ordered one yesterday!

carlclarke

I ordered an unpainted one last week, it arrived after 9 days. £26.73 including delivery. When Mr FedEx stopped outside today I grabbed some cash expecting to have to pay duty and he told me that nothing was due. Luck of the draw...

ray835

mine was painted and delivered for £25   s:) :) s:)
2000 silver to match my hair,team dynamics pro-race 3, silver hard top, cobra twin tip stainless system bmc cda carbon filter Taiwanese rear boot lip spoiler sheila\'s wheels tax disc holder

Gpdyna

Tried to order one of these from the original thread, only to find sale ended but re-advertised again and again item was now removed! Obviously couldn't cope with all this sudden interest!
But found this one  
 m http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330895073275? ... 1423.l2649 m  

I took the gamble and ordered one from the above link, in Taiwan   s:x :x s:x  
Had to confirm the colour with the order, so ordered on the 26/8 arrived on the 5/9, £22.32 + £4.48 pnp.
I've seen some comments on here reference the additional import cost and although I got a call from FedEx I didn't receive any additional cost.
The paint finish is excellent   s:) :) s:)  
Haven't had time to fit as yet. Hope this helps anyone else considering this!

Regards   s:D :D s:D
55 plate, Black 43k, now 2nd owner all standard when bought. Since fitted K & N, Markiii pipe, Pioneer stereo, dial chrome rings, petrol cap ring, Zunsport front/rear grills, Dev\'s keyhole covers, mini lip spoiler, TTE exhaust, replacement headlights and fog lights with driving rings fitted. Widermuller control knobs slider knob and backing plate, hazard ring. Brushed stainless switch surrounds. New brake discs n pads all round.

moshie

Got a FEDEX invoice for £14.53  s:-( :-( s:-(

(£4.03 + £ £10.50 admin)

skoosh1970

....received my bloody invoice from FedEx today............£15.63.........................!!!!!!!!!!

To be honest though, the spoiler is still a bargain at just over £40 anyway.

Stifler

I still can't decide if I should buy one of these or not.  Knowing you get stung for £15 helps a little.  Did anyone regret getting one?

skoosh1970

Stifler, at £40 they're still cheap and the quality and colour match is exceptional. This is the 3rd one I've bought from these guys and only the 1st invoice from fedex, you won't regret it and the look is very subtle and almost factory looking too.................!

Stifler

I'm just a little worried it will look a little too 'stuck on' but going by the pictures it looks good.  As always I've massively overspent this month....but it's pay day on Friday....

freddy279

Very nice ,how much did you pay for that?

Tags: