My new spoiler

Started by Burning rubber, August 26, 2011, 19:49

Anonymous

Quote from: "xsarahx"I'm getting one too, if someone would be so kind as to confirm the colour code for sable, as my 2' has been loaned to the parents for the day so cant go and check   s:) :) s:)

1E3 I believe ??

All UK paint codes here.
 l viewtopic.php?f=46&t=21734&p=270287&hilit=paint#p270287 l

ShieldsOnTour

Quote from: "MelBee42"Maybe you're getting mine then... I ordered at the same time (ish) as you guys but haven't received any messages at all about shipping...

I think I maybe getting about 5 of these now - i've now had 1 confirmation of order, 2 "Your spoiler is being painted" and 2 tracking code emails --- but not in that order. LOL.
One of *them* cars....
[strike]C-one front end & side skirts, TTE spoiler, TTE rear bumper inserts,  Anthracite post-FL wheels on Toyo T1R. 6-speed box. Cobra Quad exhaust. Red leather. Lowered. TTE style bar.  And lots of shinny ....[/strike]

Anonymous

Quote from: "ShieldsOnTour"
Quote from: "MelBee42"Maybe you're getting mine then... I ordered at the same time (ish) as you guys but haven't received any messages at all about shipping...

I think I maybe getting about 5 of these now - i've now had 1 confirmation of order, 2 "Your spoiler is being painted" and 2 tracking code emails --- but not in that order. LOL.
Same here, about 5 for me as well   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  ............we have  probably confused the hell out of him with the sudden rush

carbonciocc

Hi
I have been looking at these, but the ad ststes for year 2003 - 2005 I think, but mine is a 2000 will this still fit?

Thanks Sarah
2000 Black, Leather, a/c, Hardtop standard car
[strike]Golf GTI mk4 1.8T 200 bhp[/strike]
Grand Espace Initiale 3.0 V6
GSXR 600y
GSXR 750k6
Lots of push bikes!

Burning rubber

fits my car and it is 2001 - so yes it will fit your car
i think the only colour diferent is the silver - I am sure if i am wrong some kind person will point it out

thanks
Steve
2005 (54) Phantom Grey, Air con, Hard top, Black leather, TM3 lip spoiler
previously
2001 (Y) Red, Air Con, Black Leather, MrT Mflaps, TTE Exhaust, Precats removed, Face lift side vents, Small Mongo\'s, Lockwood sill protectors, Mr T Mats, Red J Spec nose badge, TM3 Lip Boot Spoiler, Dev\'s Key Hole covers
2000 (W) Silver, Air con, Leather, TTE Exhaust, Hard top

JiMR2

Very nice lil spoiler - am thinking it could look nice with the TTE bannana like Jason has...

Why would the entire bumper need to come off just to get to the lights though???? From the pics the spoiler doesnt seem to be fouling on them... ????   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
AKA Cinnamon Jim

AmeR

The Toyota Ducktail (Jason's other spoiler!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  ) curls around the rear lights not the eBay lip spoiler.

JiMR2

So I would still be able to get the rear lights out without removing the entire bumper then mate?
AKA Cinnamon Jim

AmeR

If you get one of these eBay lips? Yeah it sits in between judging from the pics. The OP should be able to confirm that.

I wouldn't hang around if you are wanting one... They seem to be going like hot cakes!!

Anonymous

Guys, I know this is a popular item, its obvious from the posts. You are all entitled to your opinion and thats fine. To me though, its a bit naff! Whats the word for something below understated? It reminds we of a willy in very cold water!
Am I the only one with taste! (stands back to avoid flying debris!)  s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

Quote from: "dick2ski"Guys, I know this is a popular item, its obvious from the posts. You are all entitled to your opinion and thats fine. To me though, its a bit naff! Whats the word for something below understated? It reminds we of a willy in very cold water!
Am I the only one with taste! (stands back to avoid flying debris!)  s:) :) s:)

all to looks the standard 2 in its shape is very clean and understated and bigger lip would shout hay look at me so this not doing that as much as its smaller would be better + the price. however in my case with the kit being more look at me than standard it would indeed be silly so i would need a bigger spoiler like the trd or c-one. however i do agree its small but in otherways everyone has different tastes and budgets.

loadswine

Absolutely ideal for a stock-ish looking Roadster, subtle and classy I'd say.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Mike_V

Quote from: "loadswine"Absolutely ideal for a stock-ish looking Roadster, subtle and classy I'd say.

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
EX 2000 MR2 Roadster,silver,grey/black leather trim,TTE rear bumper inserts,black-grey Momo steering wheel,17" Rota GT3 wheels,KYB struts and FK springs,TRD short shifter with brass shifter bushes,Matt Performance under body brace,Megan arms,Che ARBs,Pirhana discs and Yellow stuff pads,Custom stage 2 T28 SP Turbo,charge cooler system,Helix clutch,lightened flywheel,Moroso sump, custom exhaust and induction kit,550 cc injectors,Link storm G4 ECU with 260bhp&240 ft lbs.
----------------------------------------
2004 Red edition in Sable.
http://s984.photobucket.com/albums/ae323/Mike_V/

Anonymous

I would say for the price it's worth a try because if you don't like it,it's no big loss.This is a secondary spoiler for me so smaller is better.Without the pics in this thread I wouldnt have bought it from the Ebay ad but the pics speak for themselves,looks a neat fit,a good paint job and a good price.What do you expect for £29,TRD?

JiMR2

Cheers for confirming AmeR!

Just grabbed one as well, £30 - cant argue really and if it looks too naff ill tell Nige they sent me silver by mistake and sell it to him  s;) ;) s;)  He's getting old and wont notice the colour  s:P :P s:P
AKA Cinnamon Jim

AmeR

Quote from: "JiMR2"Cheers for confirming AmeR!

Just grabbed one as well, £30 - cant argue really and if it looks too naff ill tell Nige they sent me silver by mistake and sell it to him  s;) ;) s;)  He's getting old and wont notice the colour  s:P :P s:P

You two have different coloured cars!!?? News to me!!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Could be worth trying it on the actual engine lid for a slightly different look?

loadswine

jim, you cheeky git! lol I actually had this in mind when I got my car. I have an unpainted one here already. i can still distinguish colours you know.big lol!!
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Anonymous

Tracking is active on mine and will be here  "Estimated delivery Sep 6, 2011 by 6:00 PM"

MisterK

Just ordered one myself after spending the morning washing and dodo juicing the car.  Already have the TTE banana spoiler fitted & this should make a nice subtle addition - hopefully!  Anyway, at £19.95 excluding postage (that's what I'll tell my other half), looks like an absolute bargain from the photo's.  Let's hope he's still got some left - getting it in Astral Black paint code 202.  Will post a photo when received & fitted.
MarkK
MARK K - Original Owner/ \'Best In Class\' winner, \'Show n Shine\', MR2DC National Event 2017.

Mike_V

Despite my decision of no body mods, this is subtle enough and to my taste. Ordered now but seeing as I'm a long way from the rest of you it will be quite unique  :-) :-) :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
EX 2000 MR2 Roadster,silver,grey/black leather trim,TTE rear bumper inserts,black-grey Momo steering wheel,17" Rota GT3 wheels,KYB struts and FK springs,TRD short shifter with brass shifter bushes,Matt Performance under body brace,Megan arms,Che ARBs,Pirhana discs and Yellow stuff pads,Custom stage 2 T28 SP Turbo,charge cooler system,Helix clutch,lightened flywheel,Moroso sump, custom exhaust and induction kit,550 cc injectors,Link storm G4 ECU with 260bhp&240 ft lbs.
----------------------------------------
2004 Red edition in Sable.
http://s984.photobucket.com/albums/ae323/Mike_V/

carbonciocc

Hi Can someone please help me here?

I have ordered and paid for one of these spoilers, but the guy keeps insisting that it will not fit my 2000 "W" reg mr2, he says it only fits 2003 onwards, I did ask on here if the spoiler will fit and had 1 reply sying that it would, thanks for that.  But now I don't know what to do, I'm not aware that the rear bumper top moulding changed at "facelift" perhaps someone else could confirm this please?  I have asked that the spoiler is just posted anyway, but this is the latest reply I had:

"Dear,

Thanks for your coming.
Due to you ask item is for 2002 MR3 that year is different from the AD.

Could you please provide us the measurement of rear car trunk lip?
so that we can make sure the spoiler can fit your car.

Please measure the trunk curve with the instructions below:
 m http://e.auto.bay2008.googlepages.com/H ... heboot.JPG m
 m http://e.auto.bay2008.googlepages.com/H ... eboot1.JPG m

Sorry for your inconvenience.
We are looking forward your reply.

If you have further question please feel free to contact us .
Regards,"
- e.auto.bay2008

By the way he now says mine is a 2002 but it is a 2000 so definitley a pre facelift.

Thanks in advance.

Sarah
GSXR 600y
GSXR 750k6
Lots of push bikes!

AmeR

There's no difference in bumpers hence why the Toyota ducktail fits all years (in the same spot). If you've paid, tell him to post it as it's up to you if you stick it to a car it "doesn't fit on" or the side of your house.

carbonciocc

Hi And thanks again, I just had a reply from the maker:

Dear,
thanks for your reply.
then we will process the item by our data.
The painting job will take about 3-5 business days.(exclude weekend)
We will send you the tracking number when we send out your item!
Regards,
- e.auto.bay2008

I just hope thats it!!

Thanks Sarah
GSXR 600y
GSXR 750k6
Lots of push bikes!

Burning rubber

As i said in an earlier post - my car is 2001 and the spoiler fits perfect

cheers
Steve
2005 (54) Phantom Grey, Air con, Hard top, Black leather, TM3 lip spoiler
previously
2001 (Y) Red, Air Con, Black Leather, MrT Mflaps, TTE Exhaust, Precats removed, Face lift side vents, Small Mongo\'s, Lockwood sill protectors, Mr T Mats, Red J Spec nose badge, TM3 Lip Boot Spoiler, Dev\'s Key Hole covers
2000 (W) Silver, Air con, Leather, TTE Exhaust, Hard top

uktotty

Wow what a bargain! Wish I could get other stuff painted for £20!

Tags: