My new spoiler

Started by Burning rubber, August 26, 2011, 19:49

Anonymous

Quote from: "uktotty"Wow what a bargain! Wish I could get other stuff painted for £20!

The unpainted one is £13 so you are only paying £7 for the paint job!

Anonymous

Quote from: "life of bryan"
Quote from: "uktotty"Wow what a bargain! Wish I could get other stuff painted for £20!

The unpainted one is £13 so you are only paying £7 for the paint job!

Looking at the tracking info I reckon the part itself must cost about 2p after paint & delivery    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

loadswine

You wait till you get it on your car Les!! lol ( only kidding)
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Chris H

spoiler arrived this morning at 10.15am.......looks great,now waiting for
the rain to stop so as can be fitted......................................................  s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:

uktotty

He is still not convinced about the car though and the fact they were the same from 1999 to 2006

Dear,

thanks for your coming.
the listing is for 2003-2005 Toyota MR2 convertible
we could not make sure it could fit on 2000 MR2 Roadster or not.
could you please provide us the length you would like to get?
then the spoiler will be modified by your request.

we are looking forward your reply.
Regards,

AmeR

Quote from: "uktotty"could you please provide us the length you would like to get?

A tad personal really!?  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Got mine

Looks like there's a bit of forming to make it fit I suppose that's why it has to be warm to bend in to  position, got the car warming up in the garage (peeing down here) and will have a go in a few minutes

uktotty

how long from order to delivery Les?

Anonymous

Quote from: "uktotty"how long from order to delivery Les?

Ordered 27th August, delivered today   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Here's what the shape is at the moment......

JoniiBoii

please show pics once youve done it !  s:D :D s:D

JoniiBoii

TELL you what ! VERY impressed !

Anonymous

Quote from: "JoniiBoii"please show pics once youve done it !  s:D :D s:D

Here you go   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

........and thanks again to Burning rubber for pointing us to it   s:D :D s:D  

I put the new spoiler in the engine bay (ticking over in the garage) while everything warmed up and it made it nice & supple, peeled off the backing, centralised it and placed it on the middle part (a light touch when it sticks can be easily pulled off at this point), pushed up each outer edge to fit and pressed down firmly.........I did use some TFR to de-grease before fitting  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

JoniiBoii

Looks good! Did it fit nice a FLUSH ?

uktotty

really cute and subtle Les, like yourself!
So what is TFR?

Anonymous

Quote from: "JoniiBoii"Looks good! Did it fit nice a FLUSH ?

Stop posting and get yours fitted   s:P :P s:P    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Not a bad fit at all   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Quote from: "uktotty"really cute and subtle Les, like yourself!
So what is TFR?

Traffic Film Remover............VERY strong detergent

*andy*

s:-( :-( s:-(  Mine is still in TAOYUAN CITY, It only got picked up from the sender today!

JoniiBoii

The weathers minging else i would be  s:( :( s:(  *SNIFFLE

JoniiBoii

Not Gunna lie messed up the first go but got it done! Scrapped some paint though  s:( :( s:(

Anonymous

Quote from: "JoniiBoii"Not Gunna lie messed up the first go but got it done! Scrapped some paint though  s:( :( s:(

Did you not get it warm enough or did you stick it in the wrong place?

lemans

Mine arrived this morning too.

May wait til the weekend to do it properly  (if I can wait that long  s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:  )

Impressed with the finish   s:D :D s:D  

Thanks for the detailed fitting instructions Les  s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:
Daryl
Facelift Black MR2 with red leather interior. Hardtop, rear brace, SP body brace, TRD short shift, Mongo\'s,  Dev\'s & SP Turbo - 238bp, 220lbft.

peteopc

Mine turned up today. The tip at one end isnt painted at all and the finish at the other end has runs in the paint. Been quoted £50 to get it sorted. I have emailed the seller but no reply as yet.

MelBee42

Mine turned up today - paint finish seems good. So this definitely needs warming first before fitting? It seems so bendy already!

Anonymous

Quote from: "MelBee42"Mine turned up today - paint finish seems good. So this definitely needs warming first before fitting? It seems so bendy already!

Yes......warm it up, it has to form into the slight recess in the middle and it goes really easy when floppy   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

I just rested mine on the top cross-member and closed the engine lid while things warmed up (don't put it on the heat shield   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  ), I also fitted it with the engine lid up as it made it easier to get the edge flush.

MelBee42

Quote from: "Les"
Quote from: "MelBee42"Mine turned up today - paint finish seems good. So this definitely needs warming first before fitting? It seems so bendy already!

Yes......warm it up, it has to form into the slight recess in the middle and it goes really easy when floppy   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

I just rested mine on the top cross-member and closed the engine lid while things warmed up (don't put it on the heat shield   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  ), I also fitted it with the engine lid up as it made it easier to get the edge flush.

Cross-members? 'Goes really easy when floppy?'    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   I might have to save that sort of excitement for the weekend!!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Tags: