Best bulb upgrade for facelift headlights?

Started by alfajerry, December 7, 2011, 19:21

alfajerry

Went out on country roads in the dark for the first time tonight, not impressed with the lights, the dip especially is appalling.
What are the current best bulbs available?
H7 and HB3 I believe. The HB3 seems relatively rare.
Don't want pretend HIDs or blue crap, want real performance.
Thanks for your thoughts/experiences.
Jerry
Jerry

uktotty

The Super Brillint white ones are good in Halfords but Osram also do a similar thing which is about 70% brighter without going for stupid HIDs

nathanMR2

Phillips Xtrems. Ive been very impressed with them
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

alfajerry

Thanks guys.
Looks like the Philips  X-treme Vision are available for the H7 dips but not in HB3 mains, and the Osram Night Breaker Plus for the the dips AND the HB3 mains.
Anyone else's experiences welcome.
Jerry
Jerry

Wabbitkilla

I upgraded to Nightbreakers Plus ... I'm very happy with them   s:D :D s:D
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

MisterK

Changed standard bulbs a couple of years ago to Osram Nightbreakers for dip beam & Ring Ultraxenon for main beam.  Fantastic difference.  One Nightbreaker has blown a couple of months back so now gone with Philips Extreme which also seem OK.
MARK K - Original Owner/ \'Best In Class\' winner, \'Show n Shine\', MR2DC National Event 2017.

Tech

Remember if you have qualified for any mechanics course to get a trade card from Halfrauds   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Tags: