cheap OBD2 reader and flashing ABS howto fix..

Started by Mr X, January 15, 2012, 18:29

Mr X

I ended up getting an OBDLink MX Bluetooth reader as I wanted my screen to read faster.... I still have a galaxy tab s2 8.0  mounted into the dash. Cost me £80 from the states.... read speed is 6 reads per second! I gained 1 read a sec over the £17 ebay one. The only benefit is that it works perfectly and it's very small. It's always plugged in and I've never kicked it getting into the car. I used to clobber the old one every time!
I'm not saying I'm batman. I'm just saying that nobody has ever seen me and batman in a room together.

shnazzle

Quote from: "Mr X"I ended up getting an OBDLink MX Bluetooth reader as I wanted my screen to read faster.... I still have a galaxy tab s2 8.0  mounted into the dash. Cost me £80 from the states.... read speed is 6 reads per second! I gained 1 read a sec over the £17 ebay one. The only benefit is that it works perfectly and it's very small. It's always plugged in and I've never kicked it getting into the car. I used to clobber the old one every time!

So it's not faster at all?
My little blue ebay special works fine so if it doesn't actually read noticeably quicker, not wasting cash
...neutiquam erro.

stupink

Quote from: "Mr X"I ended up getting an OBDLink MX Bluetooth reader as I wanted my screen to read faster.... I still have a galaxy tab s2 8.0  mounted into the dash. Cost me £80 from the states.... read speed is 6 reads per second!
Can you do me a favour and download Harry's lap timer, add the obd2 device and leave it connected for a few mins then see the reported connection speed? Everything I've tried comes back 1hz on the mr2, ID pay £80 for 6hz
2001 1ZZ turbo. 293hp home build all the way

Mr X

Nope, just the same speed as the cheapo ones. I was rather disappointed   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

Quote from: "stupink"Can you do me a favour and download Harry's lap timer, add the obd2 device and leave it connected for a few mins then see the reported connection speed? Everything I've tried comes back 1hz on the mr2, ID pay £80 for 6hz

No problem but is there a free version of this app?  s:) :) s:)
I'm not saying I'm batman. I'm just saying that nobody has ever seen me and batman in a room together.

stupink

Sorry, I thought there was, but I've just had a look and they all appear to be paid for services. if you do any track-time i'd recommend the app massively, but obviously wouldn't expect you to get it to test for me.. bit of a shame.. oh well, 1hz it is.. I have 10hz gps anyway, and that's mostly what I'm interested in, RPM and throttle position were really the only things I need through OBD2, and being 1hz they're a bit useless, so i'll stick to gps only  s:) :) s:)
2001 1ZZ turbo. 293hp home build all the way

Tags: