Easiest Way To Run A Wire

Started by alfajerry, January 19, 2012, 05:45

alfajerry

For some reason my wife is finding it much harder to place the rear of the car than she did with MX-5, so I'm going to get a reversing distance system.
What is the easiest way to run the beeper wire into the storage bins or passenger compartment?
Pics might be useful too.
Many thanks.
Jerry

loadswine

I would aim to enter any wiring by way of the large grommet on the passenger side at the rear corner of the engine compartment where the main loom goes through the firewall. ( Basically behind and lower than the battery) It comes out in the corner of the storage bin near the ECU.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Anonymous

Could you not get one of the "wireless" one's where there is no wire between display and sensor module? So all the sensor wiring stays in the engine area.

Anonymous

I think most folk use the audible function over the screen. I believe there is a version for about a tenner on fleabay, that takes power off the reversing light circuit. No other wiring is required, so easy fit.
My bro-in-law fits them on all his cars as my sis is parkingly challenged!

alfajerry

Thanks Loadswine, I'll take a look.
Do you mean ithe grommet is accessible through the bin, or do I need to remove it?

D1ck and Bryan, system is chosen, good reviews but cheap and very easy to fit except need the speaker in the passenger area, hence question.
In most cars it would be audible from the back of course.
Jerry

onion86

Quote from: "alfajerry"Thanks Loadswine, I'll take a look.
Do you mean ithe grommet is accessible through the bin, or do I need to remove it?
To get to the grommet you need to take the bin out, there are 3 bolts on the front (10mm) that also hold the door on and 2 at the rear, before you take those off, the extra plastic piece on the outside has 2 pop type clips.
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

alfajerry

Thanks Stu.
Jerry

Anonymous

Quotesystem is chosen

Give us a review when fitted please! My missus cant park for toffee. A few years back, she put the lock on a little early in our new Shogun and ran over a Mondeos bonnet!

Tags: