PhillRC'S MRS Build (page 5 onwards)

Started by PhillRC, June 16, 2012, 13:00

PhillRC

heres my build, thought it would put it on here,
pictures of the 2 when i pieced it up from a muddy field.

few pictures after a debadge and detail

then i took the plate off the front and blacked out the badge.

then my new 421 mani and back box came.

then i heat wrapped the mani

took me ages to get this  sbastard bastard sbastard  bolt off :@

and just another clean picture of the car

and pictures of the wheels being painted

also made a bung to get rid of the arial and i fitted one i put in the window pillar

and just a picture how it sits now.

oto

chris3boro

Lovely! Get some lowering springs on it. The blue and anthracite go really well  s:) :) s:)

dcod

You've been busy. It's looking a lot happier! Nice work.
Ezekiel 23:20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses"

I bought a "Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine" to lose weight. I put on five stone. I blame the delicious gravy it makes.

Anonymous

Super job! Take it back to the previous and p*ss them right off!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

PhillRC

Quote from: "chris3boro"Lovely! Get some lowering springs on it. The blue and anthracite go really well  s:) :) s:)
thanks a lot mate, and ill be buying d2 coilovers next week or the week after, all depends on the funds lol. the wheels are thunder grey (honda) had some left over from my last build.

Anonymous

What process did you use to prep them like that?

PhillRC

Quote from: "dick2ski"What process did you use to prep them like that?
they were flakey so i took them back too metal and primed them twice too get them spot on and then base coat and lacquered them.

Anonymous

Quote from: "PhillRC"
Quote from: "dick2ski"What process did you use to prep them like that?
they were flakey so i took them back too metal and primed them twice too get them spot on and then base coat and lacquered them.

My eyeballs deceived me. At first glance they look chromed in the prep pic.

puma2

good work, the outcome worth the time and effort, bet you were well pleased when you finished that bit.  s:) :) s:)  
allways nice when you can be pleased with what you have done  s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:  

Ps were is the mountain in the picture back ground  s:? :? s:?

PhillRC

Quote from: "puma2"good work, the outcome worth the time and effort, bet you were well pleased when you finished that bit.  s:) :) s:)  
allways nice when you can be pleased with what you have done  s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:  

Ps were is the mountain in the picture back ground  s:? :? s:?
I live in south wales and the valley i like in is about 1 mile long and the mountains are bout 1/2 mile apart.

PhillRC

also forgot to mention that  (edit) d ick2ski (had too levee a gap or it would sensur it lmao)sold me a mint drivers seat for my 2, hears a pic when i was cleaning them.

and photoshoped it the hight i want it.

chris3boro

Quote from: "chris3boro"Lovely! Get some lowering springs on it. The blue and anthracite go really well  s:) :) s:)
thanks a lot mate, and ill be buying d2 coilovers next week or the week after, all depends on the funds lol. the wheels are thunder grey (honda) had some left over from my last build.

From your photoshop it looks as if springs won't go low enough for the look you want(?) Coilies will obviously get you there  s:) :) s:)  Where in South Wales are you?

PhillRC

Quote from: "chris3boro"

From your photoshop it looks as if springs won't go low enough for the look you want(?) Coilies will obviously get you there  s:) :) s:)  Where in South Wales are you?
yeah and the handling will improve a lot more with the d2's
I'm from Ebbw Vale Gwent.

chris3boro

Quote from: "PhillRC"I'm from Ebbw Vale Gwent.

Ah cool, my fiancee's parents live in Monmouth and we are down there once a month or so

PhillRC

seen my friend in his yaris t sport so thought we would have a picture  s:D :D s:D

chris3boro

I do like the t sports actually. It took me a minute to see why the front of yours looks so good...no number plate! Makes a big difference. Badge suits the look too overall

Anonymous

daft question ^.^ ... but is it a legal requirement for a number plate on the front of the car? do you get any problems with the pigs?

PhillRC

Quote from: "dj vinxy"daft question ^.^ ... but is it a legal requirement for a number plate on the front of the car? do you get any problems with the pigs?
yeah your meant to have one, you could say it just fell off or you bumper have only just been painted ad its still a bit soft (my favourite answer) the worst too happen is a £60 fine.

chris3boro

Where's the back box from? Sound any different to standard?

Anonymous

Top MR'in Work there buddy! Your project seems a match to mine.

Massive difference from when you collected it   s8) 8) s8)

PhillRC

Quote from: "chris3boro"Where's the back box from? Sound any different to standard?
got it off ebay its a toyosport, and hears a video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z9lAbJa3A8&list=UUkN4Ju5SAKgpivfbB0tFEEg&index=1&feature=plcp

Rinzleristron

Looks great! like what you've done.

PhillRC

First off, Ive finally got the money too buy some D2 coilovers   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:  
also thinking of buying this omp deep dish wheel, i used too have a black one in my old civic and loved it.

and fitted my yellow headlight bulbs, don't look too yellow in this picture but in the dark they will be more yellow but not too much that the police will be stoping me a lot.

enjoy  s:D :D s:D

PhillRC

Quote from: "Rinzleristron"Looks great! like what you've done.
just seen your from newport, I'm from ebbw vale BTW lol don't see many roadsters round my way.

PhillRC

just bought these bad boys  s:D :D s:D  
took the picture off a post on hear cause i only order them this second

can't wate  s:D :D s:D

Tags: