PhillRC'S MRS Build (page 5 onwards)

Started by PhillRC, June 16, 2012, 13:00

chris3boro

Serious kit!

steve-m-uk

Look lovely , I've just bought some too for mine, bc's have a really good reputation.
Now a member of the ding day "hide by the bins" club  s]

Rinzleristron

Quote from: "PhillRC"
Quote from: "Rinzleristron"Looks great! like what you've done.
just seen your from newport, I'm from ebbw vale BTW lol don't see many roadsters round my way.

There's a few around here, keep seeing the same 5/6.

Rinzleristron

Just read that you're a panel beater & sprayer... can you recommend anywhere for a good but reasonably priced paint job for my TRD Stage 1 bodykit?

...and good job on the wheels they're quality.

PhillRC

had a email from futuremotosports and the order was declined because they foot too update the price,so I've bought D2's instead and they should be hear in 2-3 days

PhillRC

so they didn't take 2-3 days, next day delivery  s:D :D s:D  

hopefully get them fitted later, will keep it updated if i do.

chris3boro

Cool!  s:D :D s:D

PhillRC

fitted the coilovers and I'm over the moon with the result,

and also bought a new anti roll bar that can be adjusted.
i think I'm going to have to calm down for a while my funds are taking a hammering lol oh well.

chris3boro

Looks miles better. Your old suspension looks like it had seen better days too!

AckersMR2

Wow that sitting low! Your original springs/dampers/boots certainly look like they'd seen better days. Looks like there's a gap each side of the new units, is there any lateral play in the bolts?
I hope that's just water vapour under your exhaust pipe?
You'd better get your geometry checked out that looks like some serious negative camber on the rear wheels in the last pic?
My only car is a Ducati 

PhillRC

Quote from: "AckersMR2"Wow that sitting low! Your original springs/dampers/boots certainly look like they'd seen better days. Looks like there's a gap each side of the new units, is there any lateral play in the bolts?
I hope that's just water vapour under your exhaust pipe?
You'd better get your geometry checked out that looks like some serious negative camber on the rear wheels in the last pic?
i duno what you mean bout the play in bolts all mine are ok, and the car hasn't driven much since I've owned it, bout 5 miles and its mostly parked up

AckersMR2

I was referring to the difference in the first picture:

My only car is a Ducati 

FGrob

There's no gap that's just new painted metal you can see, it's a bit more noticeable in this photo to give you some idea.

I think at that height you will hit most objects in the road.

Rob
Ex owner of a Black 2004 car "which is quite possibly the finest normally aspirated MR2 Roadster in the country" as quoted by Japanese Performance Magazine Dec 2010.

Classic & Performance Car Show Winner Sunday 5th June 2011 - Tatton Park - Best Toyota MR2.

AckersMR2

Quote from: "FGrob"There's no gap that's just new painted metal you can see, it's a bit more noticeable in this photo to give you some idea.
Oh yeah, my bad, the reflection looked like a steel pin.
I wouldn't even get, out of my road if my car was that low  s:scared: :scared: s:scared:
My only car is a Ducati 

PhillRC

it is a bit low but i don't drive throw towns too show off lol and ill drive slow everywhere  s:P :P s:P

PhillRC

my anti roll bar had came, can't wate too fit it got too date till my new drop links arrive

and another picture i found with i like  s:D :D s:D

PhillRC

nearly forgot this picture then.

not too everyones taste how low it is but i wasn't spending £600 odd to keep it oem looking

loadswine

Having it that low looks fine, but the underside of the car would be severely damaged after a couple of miles where I live!  s;) ;) s;)
Looks pretty interesting.  s:) :) s:)
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

AckersMR2

Yeah I too like the low height but round my way it would smash the hell out of the underside, a 30mm drop is as far as I dare go and even with that I daren't put the wheels either side of those speed hump islands you get!  s:scared: :scared: s:scared:
My only car is a Ducati 

PhillRC

finally got my new wheel, its a momo   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  i promise  s;) ;) s;)

Anonymous

have you tried fitting your legs underneath it yet?   s:scared: :scared: s:scared:  Im sure its just the angle but does look tight! lol

Does the misses have fun steering from the passenger side like Maggie on simpsons?   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

chris3boro

Quote from: "Carbon RX"Does the misses have fun steering from the passenger side like Maggie on simpsons?   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Wheel looks great. You need ful buckets now, you can't go for half the look   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

PhillRC

Havant really done much lately, fitted my new calliper i bought off d1ck, can't change my handbrake cables duno how anyone got a clue, and waiting for my drop links for my new anti roll bar too.

onion86

Quote from: "PhillRC"can't change my handbrake cables duno how anyone got a clue
Pretty sure you have to drop the fuel tank so not a super easy job that many on here would have done.

Like the look, again way too low for a round my way but looks good  s;) ;) s;)
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

AckersMR2

Agreed although I think you can shortcut it by just dropping the tank a little to get access but you need to drop it fully to use all the original Toyota fixing points, well that's what I read somewhere on here anyhow  s;) ;) s;)
My only car is a Ducati 

Tags: